PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall corsa d

radiosolutions
7th March, 2012, 11:57 PM
2007 reg, 1.0l xep engine. problem with it is that water has been getting in to under bonnet fuse box, cleaned it all out, now when i put ign on and crank it will not start, if i turn ign off you can then here fuel pump running for a couple of seconds, if i then crank car will start for few seconds and then cut out. so fuel pump only priming with ign off. checked all fuses all fine, has anyone had this problem before, strange 1. thanks

Liteace
8th March, 2012, 12:46 AM
It must still be a little damp, are ALL earths checked and 100% OK ?

fuel pump relay:

Pin 30 +12v
Pin 85 earth
Pin 87 F\pump
Pin 86 switched via Pin 36 engine ECU

teuton
8th March, 2012, 01:58 AM
Just wire up another relay to fuel pump to check out this is where the problem derives from.

radiosolutions
10th March, 2012, 12:31 AM
wired up relay to pump via ign live, and all working fine, the wire which comes from ecu to energise relay, only becomes live if i turn ign on then back off, must be faulty bcm or ecu.

Liteace
10th March, 2012, 11:53 AM
wired up relay to pump via ign live, and all working fine, the wire which comes from ecu to energise relay, only becomes live if i turn ign on then back off, must be faulty bcm or ecu.

So when it has a crash and the engine cuts out the fuel pump is still running and spraying at high pressure feeding the fire !!

Meat-Head
10th March, 2012, 05:09 PM
check for a highh reistancse positive connection