PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo mgcamd Help Please

tinbin
9th March, 2012, 09:24 AM
vu+duo mgcamd Help Please

------------------------------------------------------

I need your help please m8s, do I need to ftp a cam file .What file do I need, and where does it go in the settings. How do alter my c-lines to get it to work, I hope what I have said makes sense. The Image I am using on the vu+duo,is the vix 2.2 .I am using cccam at the moment, and is it possible to go from to the other .
I am sorry for posting my first question, in the wrong forum.

digicon
9th March, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hi Mate,

First off you will have to get the Vix MGcamd official softcam to run on your image, Install the IPK file as normal and put your sea lion in the MG_CFG file remove the C: and replace with CWS =

I have uploaded for you the official Mgcamd softcam for use in the Vix image install as you would a normal ipk file

Regards

tinbin
9th March, 2012, 02:32 PM
Thank you very much m8.

digicon
9th March, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you very much m8.

No problem anymore issues let us all know

Regards

tinbin
12th March, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hi digicon
I hope you don?t mind me asking you this m8,I have forgotten how to install an ipk file. Could you please guide me, on how to do it.

digicon
12th March, 2012, 10:51 AM
Hi digicon
I hope you don?t mind me asking you this m8,I have forgotten how to install an ipk file. Could you please guide me, on how to do it.

First you will have to FTP the IPK file into the TMP folder.

now go to your box and press Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk file in there.

Just press the Green Button to Install.

If you ever need anymore of the Vix cams you can download the whole range from here

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

tinbin
12th March, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thank you very much ,for your help m8.

pervezr
26th March, 2012, 10:08 PM
I have a vu+duo box and it froze when i installed mgcamd 1.38 on a vix image 2.3. grrrrr I need to look for another ipk file. Any ideas

jassie
27th March, 2012, 12:11 AM
thanks this may have finally solved my problems:proud:

brendanmcerlean
16th April, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hi Mate,

First off you will have to get the Vix MGcamd official softcam to run on your image, Install the IPK file as normal and put your sea lion in the MG_CFG file remove the C: and replace with CWS =

I have uploaded for you the official Mgcamd softcam for use in the Vix image install as you would a normal ipk file

Regards

guys where is the MG_CFG file, thanks

digicon
16th April, 2012, 08:24 PM

its located in var/keys folder

brendanmcerlean
16th April, 2012, 10:32 PM

so should it be as follows?
cws= c%%&&n.&8\7.com 19599 username password
as example

i can ftp to correct location, but it doesnt seem to work...... i can view it under client in ccaminfo with a red dot beside it, but nothing in active client

thanks again

digicon
16th April, 2012, 10:39 PM
so should it be as follows?
cws= c%%&&n.&8\7.com 19599 username password
as example

i can ftp to correct location, but it doesnt seem to work...... i can view it under client in ccaminfo with a red dot beside it, but nothing in active client

thanks again

it wont show up in cccaminfo but yes your assumption is correct replace the N: or C: with CWS =

brendanmcerlean
16th April, 2012, 10:49 PM
thanks again, should there be a space before and after the = ?

is there anywhere else i can view that it is connected or inserted.

appreciate your responses!

digicon
16th April, 2012, 10:51 PM
thanks again, should there be a space before and after the = ?

is there anywhere else i can view that it is connected or inserted.

appreciate your responses!

No problem mate it depends on the image you use and what skin you use as some skins will show ecm etc.. the same as cccam bit some dont most images will show the info in the extra settings such as blue button or even through TSpanel

brendanmcerlean
16th April, 2012, 10:53 PM
No problem mate it depends on the image you use and what skin you use as some skins will show ecm etc.. the same as cccam bit some dont most images will show the info in the extra settings such as blue button or even through TSpanel

ok ill downloaded loads of tools on vix 2.3 but no luck.... maybe i need space before and after cws?

digicon
16th April, 2012, 10:55 PM
ok ill downloaded loads of tools on vix 2.3 but no luck.... maybe i need space before and after cws?

corect space before and after
CWS =

I Think the magic HD skin will do what you want it to do on Vix image saw that somewhere else

brendanmcerlean
17th April, 2012, 06:14 PM
corect space before and after
CWS =

I Think the magic HD skin will do what you want it to do on Vix image saw that somewhere else

still no joy..... i have a clone which came with blackhole but it was v2 so the new kernel, i changed to VIX 2.3 but in the system info it says kernel 2.6.18, did i downgrade the kernel

thanks

digicon
17th April, 2012, 06:46 PM
still no joy..... i have a clone which came with blackhole but it was v2 so the new kernel, i changed to VIX 2.3 but in the system info it says kernel 2.6.18, did i downgrade the kernel

thanks

No if you installed Vix 2.3 that runs on the new kernel the thing about the duo is even on the new kernel you can still install and run images prior to kernel 3.1.1

RuberDuck
17th April, 2012, 07:17 PM
The Vu machines unlike their Xtrent counterparts are fully backwards compatible with all previous Kernel images and for information there are Two distinct versions of the ViX 2.3 image, There Linux 3.1.1 kernel was not introduced into the Vu builds until build 153 of the 2.3 image so all builds from ViX 2.3-GM to 2.3-152 use the 2.6.18 Kernel all builds from 2.3-153 and onwards use the 3.1.1 Linux Kernel.

brendanmcerlean
17th April, 2012, 09:05 PM
thanks for all the responses guys.... im about to give up... i have installed tspanel 4.9 and tried both cccam and mgcamd but ftp the cfg files for both but neither seem to work.... also when i connect my box to modem it seems to slow my bandwidth way way down... i might need to replug the openbox :(

digicon
17th April, 2012, 09:10 PM
thanks for all the responses guys.... im about to give up... i have installed tspanel 4.9 and tried both cccam and mgcamd but ftp the cfg files for both but neither seem to work.... also when i connect my box to modem it seems to slow my bandwidth way way down... i might need to replug the openbox :(

Sorry to hear that mate, Mine works perfectly on both types of softcam. Just a suggestion i would not use TSpanel to download the cams for the Vix image you should head over to the Vix forum and download the official Vix cams for the image they are freely available over there.

brendanmcerlean
17th April, 2012, 09:12 PM
thanks, maybe i should start again with a clean build as i have installed so many extensions

digicon
17th April, 2012, 09:17 PM
thanks, maybe i should start again with a clean build as i have installed so many extensions

That would be a wise choice, I know that both cams work as i have had them working previously when i used Vix, But i always used there own official Cam

brendanmcerlean
17th April, 2012, 09:45 PM
That would be a wise choice, I know that both cams work as i have had them working previously when i used Vix, But i always used there own official Cam

got the latest build installed can you point me in direction of offical cccam?

thanks

mdt
17th April, 2012, 10:03 PM
got the latest build installed can you point me in direction of offical cccam?

thanks

the cams in the vu/vix section of tspanel should work.. they work on my vu solo at any rate, regards mdt

brendanmcerlean
17th April, 2012, 10:04 PM
another stupid question, can my line start N: instead of c: