PDA

View Full Version : dbox vs kryptview

wolfey3108
5th May, 2008, 03:07 PM
i have a krptview. and it is really good. but a mate is telling me how good a dbox is. has anyone got any views please

Devilfish
5th May, 2008, 03:14 PM
There are pros and cons for both boxes here.

The Arnet Kryptview is an excellent 'tv only' box. What I mean by this is it gives you tv and that's it. But the functions in this box are superb, i.e. auto channel setup.

The dbox2 is linux based so it's far more versitile that the closed source Kryptview. You can create and flash your own image for the dbox2, add games, plugins, connect it to your router and it's got internet access for weather reports, internet radio, RSS newsreader. You can also stream mp3 and movies from your PC to the Dbox2 and you can record to your PC from the dbox2. You can watch live tv on your PC - it's streamed from the dbox2.

So as you can see, if you want to use it to watch tv and that's it, then stick with the Kryptview. Excellent features and excellent support. But if you like to tinker with the box and have some fun, then the dbox2 is what you want.

You might also like to look into the dreambox dm500. Like the dbox2 only smaller, newer technology and faster.