PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo ce issues

gibbo74
10th March, 2012, 07:55 PM
ok i have got a vu duo for a customer and after flashing an image the remote stopped working so loaded a few other images over a few days until it was working 100%

today i installed a 500gb internal harddrive on the box and after plugging it back in the issue with the remote came back so i unplugged the harddrive thinking it was that but still froze

i brought the box back home so i could have a play with it to see if i could sort it out by the time i got home and plugged it in to my dish it worked perfect and the harddrive was spot on etc very well impressed

so i took it back to the customer and plugged it in and all was well they managed to watch footy etc until the lady unplugged all the plugs behind the tv so she could move things about after she plugged it back in the issue has come back ,

Any one else having any issues like this or know what it could be

delly007
10th March, 2012, 09:22 PM
I bought the duo clone a little while back and installed the vti image,
Been working fine no problem till the past week,
can't change the channels tried remote, controls on the box,
doing a switch off and on I can get the vu+ remote to work

cactikid
10th March, 2012, 10:12 PM
maybe lan needs a reboot or cam restarted.
-------------------------------------------
a few posts around on the clone boxes say there may be a loose connecter on board that comes loose in transit.

dell_xps
10th March, 2012, 10:52 PM
There not a bit in menu to turn of remote operating other things ?
At work just now cant remember whats its called again , cic or something ???
Could just be some interference from something ?

potrobber
10th March, 2012, 11:22 PM
hi gibbo

ive had a few clones now that have not had the wire connectors pushed fully home one even come with the main psu to main board plug not connected at all

so i now open up every one and make sure all connections are fully in place

one other thing to look for is on front display get a pin or something and remove the perspex it comes of ok and make sure the eye for the remote has not got moved ive had some like that also where eye was down a little

delly007
12th March, 2012, 02:36 PM
Just an update now when I turn the box on in the morning the remote or control on box doesnt work have to restart again and work fine then

dell_xps
12th March, 2012, 08:10 PM
Have you tried another remote m8 ?

potrobber
12th March, 2012, 08:44 PM
have you checked the ribbon cable from front panel to main board yet every thing has to go thru this?

i would pull it from main board and refit it just to make sure its fitted correctly

delly007
13th March, 2012, 01:59 PM
didnt try an another remote dont have 1 plus it works fine after an restart.
had it opened and done what u said
today it worked fine first go will keep it updated
thanks for all the help

techtechnique
16th March, 2012, 11:47 AM
The clone remote is the only real let-down, IMO.
Personally, I just don't like the layout nor the rubber feel of the keys, and it's so unresponsive!
I invested in a Logitech Harmony One universal remote. Not cheap at around ?90 new from fleabay, but it really is the only remote you'll EVER buy.
The original remote is now where it should be: in the bin!