PDA

View Full Version : Burns too hot for Moses

lfc4life
11th March, 2012, 11:19 AM
Coatbridge boxer makes his point in Glasgow

Ricky Burns made a successful first defence of his WBO lightweight title against Paulus Moses at the Braehead Arena on Saturday, but was made to work hard for his win by the challenger.

The 28-year-old from Coatbridge found it difficult for most of the fight to pin down the slippery Namibian, making for an absorbing rather than exciting battle.

The unanimous scorecard of 119-110 120-110 117-111 probably did not reflect the difficulty Burns had against the 33-year-old former WBA lightweight champion.

Promoter Frank Warren has tipped Burns to become a legend in the mould of Ken Buchanan but on this evidence he has still a bit to go.

However, the Scot is likely to take another step towards that status with a mouthwatering all-British fight with Londoner Kevin Mitchell in the summer.

The venue on the outskirts of Glasgow was packed to its 6,000 capacity and the crowd raised the roof when the champion entered the ring, following the traditional booing of the challenger.

read more here - Burns too hot for Moses | Sky Sports (http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7586111/Burns-too-hot-for-Moses)

Well done Ricky - never in danger of losing :) Onward and Upward :)

KDC
11th March, 2012, 01:47 PM
A very well done to Ricky! A Coatbridge lad and a big Celtic fan too.

mr.mojorisin
11th March, 2012, 09:34 PM
and what exactly has boxing got to do with football ????
rips my knitting when people? say that

Snowy79
11th March, 2012, 11:05 PM
He's only lighweight so can't be that big a Celtic fan surely. :celtictop:

KDC
11th March, 2012, 11:18 PM
and what exactly has boxing got to do with football ????
rips my knitting when people? say that
Ach wind yer neck in m8. Ricky is a local lad who shows his support publicly for Celtic football club so i mentioned it, no bigee!