PDA

View Full Version : flashing dbox

marz
5th May, 2008, 03:54 PM
iv had problem after problem flashing dbox. got images, null cable (crossover) and ethernet cable. tried to transfer to dbox using ifa but no joy. it just kept comeing up with a failure message saying its tried 10 times but something is worng. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I COULD BE DOING WRONG? COULD IT BE IP ADRESS (i got the address from the box though!)?

Devilfish
5th May, 2008, 03:56 PM
IFA doesn't need an ip address, the IFA program assigns the dbox an ip address when it flashes.

All that's required is that your network card has a static ip address and not a DHCP assinged address.

Does your box boot up fully? Can you connect and ftp to the box?

If so there's an easier way to flash than using IFA.

marz
5th May, 2008, 04:08 PM
it does boot up fully the only problem is cant get channels. it happened when the keys changed and stuff.
however i do also have a second dbox that does not bootup at all.
im really new to all this thats why i may come accross as a bit thick - sorry.

Jaffa
5th May, 2008, 04:32 PM
O.K marz lets work on the one which boots up 1st, then we can get to the other one.

You have a crossover cable so all you need is flashfxp at the link below, there is also a guide to setting it up with it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=176

Then you need to get an image which has the AU fix. Images are at link below and theres a few to choose from but make sure you get the proper 1x or 2x whichever appllies to the box.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

alec
5th May, 2008, 06:24 PM
It seems timing has to be right when using IFA.
You have explain step by step how you are doing it.
It seems some people have to do it a number of times for it to work.

redknight
5th May, 2008, 06:39 PM
this should help you . i got this help from techno source and all credit to tam2005 .

First things first, Setting up the PC so that its ready to communicate with the Dbox

1. Open the Control Panel then go into Network Connections
2. You may have a few different connections so disable all of them with the exception of the
connection that you are going to use to communicate with the dbox.
3. Right click on the connection to be used and select "Properties"
4. If using Windows XP turn off the firewall by clicking on the "Advanced" tab, click "Settings"
under "windows firewall" then select "Off" then click "Ok" then click on the "general" tab
4b. If you are using another firewall then be sure to disable it or you won't be able to connect to
the Dbox. If you don't know how then stop here.
5. Double click on "internet protocol" to take you into the IP settings
6. Click "Use the following IP addess"
7. Type in 192.168.0.101 into the "IP address box
8. Type in 255.255.255.0 into the "Subnet mask" box if it is not automatically put in
9. Type in 192.168.0.1 into the "Default gateway" box
10. Click "OK" then "OK" again to save the settings

Thats the computer ready now its time to setup the DBox

1. If not already turned on, turn on the Dbox. If there is no image on the box or if "Kein System" is
showing on the display then move onto the IFA tutorial.
2. Once booted up press the "Dbox" button on the remote which on mine is 2 below the power
button
3. Select "Settings" from the menu that pops up on the screen (should be 4 from the bottom)
4. Select "Network" from the new menu (should be 6 from the top)
5. Select "IP Address" (should be 7 from top) and change it to 192.168.0.100 then press "OK" on
the remote
6. Select "Default Gateway" (3 below IP Address) and change it to 192.168.0.1 then press "OK
on the remote
7. The "Subnet Mask" (Below "IP Address") should be 255.255.255.0, if it is not change it
accordingly
8. Select "Start/Restart Network Now" (5th from top)
9. Select "Show Active Network Settings" (4th from top)
10. Go "Back" then click "Save Settings" to save everything.

Now that everything is set up its time to communicate with your dbox

1. Connect your Dbox to your PC via the crossover cable.
2. Open your "Network Connections" from the "Control Panel" of your PC
3. Right click on the connection you are using to communicate with your DBox and select Repair
(this simply refreshes the connection)
4. Open up Internet Explorer or Flash FXP or whatever program you are using to connect to the
DBox
5a. If using Internet explorer simply type FTP://192.168.0.100 into it. If asked, the username is
"root" and the password is meant to be "Dbox2" but it can be absolutely anything.
5b. If using Flash FXP click on the lightning flash then quick connect then type 192.168.0.100 into
the "Server or URL" box type in "root" as the username and "dbox2" as the password then click "Connect"

Ok so you can see the list of folders?

Wondering where to upload your service.xml and boquet.xml files?. follow the steps below

1. double click the folder Tuxbox
2. Now look for the folder Config, double click it
3. Double click zappit, This is where you transfer your service.xml and boquet.xml files.

marz
5th May, 2008, 06:57 PM
O.K marz lets work on the one which boots up 1st, then we can get to the other one.

You have a crossover cable so all you need is flashfxp at the link below, there is also a guide to setting it up with it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=176

Then you need to get an image which has the AU fix. Images are at link below and theres a few to choose from but make sure you get the proper 1x or 2x whichever appllies to the box.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

thats brilliant but what folder do i have to transfer the image to in fxp on the right side (box side) of the screen.

Jaffa
5th May, 2008, 07:22 PM
Transfer it to /tmp

do not restart dbox just go to dbox and use remote to flash it,

marz
5th May, 2008, 07:34 PM
Transfer it to /tmp

do not restart dbox just go to dbox and use remote to flash it,

thats great info. im gonna give it another go within the next day or so and let you know how i get on. thanks a million again.

mmfarhan
8th May, 2008, 12:38 AM
I just flashed the dbox and after rebooting it is behaving as satellite dbox.

is there any solution for this ?

hghd
24th December, 2008, 02:26 PM
having trouble finding image to flash on nokia dbox 2
'

aftermath
24th December, 2008, 02:29 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Images (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-images-6/)

Plenty in there m8

dont forget to read through the stickies before you start, it can be a bit daunting the first time . lol