PDA

View Full Version : 7 Day EPG Download

nasir_123
12th March, 2012, 06:40 PM
Ive got a blade 7000s box running on the latest January firmware... When I leave it on the channel "7 Day EPG Download" for a good 15-20 minutes it should update the epg however mine only seems to update very few channels. Ive tried doing this on All satellites and 28.2e ASTRA2/Eurobird groups but to no avail. It only seems to update when I press the yellow button however as I have daily timer settings I want it to update when I switch it on first thing in the morning.

joetwizzy
12th March, 2012, 06:58 PM
Ive never managed to get the 7day EPG to work with the wake up function on the blade.

androp
12th March, 2012, 07:16 PM
Ive got a blade 7000s box running on the latest January firmware... When I leave it on the channel "7 Day EPG Download" for a good 15-20 minutes it should update the epg however mine only seems to update very few channels. Ive tried doing this on All satellites and 28.2e ASTRA2/Eurobird groups but to no avail. It only seems to update when I press the yellow button however as I have daily timer settings I want it to update when I switch it on first thing in the morning.

where are u downloading it from mate i use rytec sly uk one and it only updates after 12 everyday not before then and only on week days .. dont know if ur using the same one but if u have ur time set to auto update before 12 it wont work,, well atleast it didnt for me!!! hope this helps

leon632
12th March, 2012, 07:46 PM
Mine works ok on the blade. I have hdd attached which the epg saves to when I switch off box.
I go on 7 day epg press yellow button and wait for it to download. Once downloaded I stay on that channel with the epg open until full 7 days has loaded.

ramjet
12th March, 2012, 09:01 PM
where are u downloading it from mate i use rytec sly uk one and it only updates after 12 everyday not before then and only on week days .. dont know if ur using the same one but if u have ur time set to auto update before 12 it wont work,, well atleast it didnt for me!!! hope this helps

doesnt apply to a blade , on the blade you use a portal channel and then use epg update

zee24
12th March, 2012, 09:03 PM
to get 7 day epg on 28e do the following :-

first scan in transponder 11778V 27500 , and look for the channels like 8010 or portal video 5 that have sly trailers and info

select that channel , then press ok and do an epg update and it will download the 7 day epg for you

then select the guide and alter the epg as you wish using the coloured buttons

always select that channel to do the download , when required , as it uses it for its epg information

Save both channels to your fav list in each group or whichever groups you watch the most and by the way you will lose the 7 day epg channel but you don't need it as these channels do the same thing.

Sometimes when you do the epg update it may not update the epg for some channels, try going to either of these channels and leave it on there for a couple of minutes and it should have updated the epg.

joetwizzy
12th March, 2012, 09:25 PM

first scan in transponder 11778V 27500 , and look for the channels like 8010 or portal video 5 that have sly trailers and info

select that channel , then press ok and do an epg update and it will download the 7 day epg for you

always select that channel to do the download , when required , as it uses it for its epg information

Save both channels to your fav list in each group or whichever groups you watch the most and by the way you will lose the 7 day epg channel but you don't need it as these channels do the same thing.

Sometimes when you do the epg update it may not update the epg for some channels, try going to either of these channels and leave it on there for a couple of minutes and it should have updated the epg.

what benefit does this have over the regular '7 day EPG download' that is in every group ?

nasir_123
12th March, 2012, 10:02 PM
Will leaving it on channel 8010 for a few minutes work or do I have to press the yellow button to update it as I want to leave it on that channel with regards to time settings every morning?

Thanks for your help guys

zee24
13th March, 2012, 04:56 AM
it works better then the 7 day epg channel, sometimes pressing the yellow button to update sorts the epg out but on some channels it may not. Its best to keep it on either the video portal or 8010 for a couple of mins.

bj1
14th March, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mine works perfect off the 7 day epg channel
In groups go to 28.2e and find the 7 day epg channel,
I have set my box to turn on at 7am each morning on this channel, so all is needed to do is press ok and then the yellow button to update,
This will update all groups,
Works perfect.

seangraves
14th March, 2013, 05:17 PM
hi to all im new to blade box i got it set up its running can i have idiots guide on epg 7days set up etc thanks how do i set it up automatic to download the epg 7day guide etc and which firmware is the best one to get this running how do i no which firm ware on box will i lose the channel list if i change the firmware sorry alot a questions

seangraves
14th March, 2013, 05:20 PM
it works better then the 7 day epg channel, sometimes pressing the yellow button to update sorts the epg out but on some channels it may not. Its best to keep it on either the video portal or 8010 for a couple of mins.
hoi mate can you run through the {video portal or the 8010}how do i set it up to do the epg channel list thanks

zee24
14th March, 2013, 06:48 PM
hoi mate can you run through the {video portal or the 8010}how do i set it up to do the epg channel list thanks

first scan in transponder 11778V 27500 (manual channel scan), and look for the channels like 8010 or portal video 5 (NOTE these channels will appear blank but will do the job)

select either one of 8010 or video portal 5 channels , then press ok and do an epg update by pressing yellow on the remote and it will download the 7 day epg for you

Sometimes when you do the epg update it may not update the epg for some channels, try going to either of these channels and leave it on there for a couple of minutes and it should save the updated the epg or if this fails reboot your box, update your channels epg by pressing the yellow button then leave it on either the video portal 5 or 8010 for a min or so, then press guide on your remote and the epg should appear

ramjet
14th March, 2013, 07:02 PM
hi to all im new to blade box i got it set up its running can i have idiots guide on epg 7days set up etc thanks how do i set it up automatic to download the epg 7day guide etc and which firmware is the best one to get this running how do i no which firm ware on box will i lose the channel list if i change the firmware sorry alot a questions

the latest firmware is almost always the best
you can check this date etc in the system info section of the menu

backup your channel list to usb stick before messing with the box

seangraves
20th March, 2013, 12:43 PM

first scan in transponder 11778V 27500 (manual channel scan), and look for the channels like 8010 or portal video 5 (NOTE these channels will appear blank but will do the job)

select either one of 8010 or video portal 5 channels , then press ok and do an epg update by pressing yellow on the remote and it will download the 7 day epg for you

Sometimes when you do the epg update it may not update the epg for some channels, try going to either of these channels and leave it on there for a couple of minutes and it should save the updated the epg or if this fails reboot your box, update your channels epg by pressing the yellow button then leave it on either the video portal 5 or 8010 for a min or so, then press guide on your remote and the epg should appear
thanks for info mate ....ps wen on the channel portaL 5 DO I PRESS OK THEN WEN ITS ON BLANK SCREEN DO I PRESS UPLOAD EPG .....OR IS IT WEN ITS ON THE CHANNEL LIST I UPDATE THE EPG SORRY TA SOUND THICK LOL COS I AM

zee24
20th March, 2013, 10:01 PM
when your on the channel click ok on your remote and the channel list should appear, press yellow i think it is for EPG update, once that's done just press exit from the channel list screen and stay on the video portal blank screen until the full epg has downloaded.

After a few mins press the GUIDE button on your remote, then Green for EPG MODE which is better than 'now and next' as you can see whats on throughout the day and then, if it says NO INFORMATION on the channels other then the video Portal or 8010 then it hasn't downloaded it right.

D1GG3R
21st March, 2013, 12:31 PM
I still use the IEPGdata Chanel via the radio button..

Radio > groups > 28.2 > IEPGdata

I think its no. 71 in the list..

Leave it on that chan and go make a brew...

Works for me anyway :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

seangraves
21st March, 2013, 01:33 PM
:wink:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
hi mate if i use this radio channel to download epg do i still press the yellow button then after downloaded leave on this channel for ten mins thanks also can i put this channel into any group to suit me thanks asgain

seangraves
21st March, 2013, 06:09 PM
hi there to one and all is there any way of storing thee epg ie as im watching a channel wen i go on the epg theres alot of chan info gone and i have to go back to the portal channel to upload it again am i doing something wrong ,,,,,should the epg stay updated as long as i leave the box on or do i need to do the portal epg download all the time thabks

D1GG3R
21st March, 2013, 10:22 PM
:wink:
hi mate if i use this radio channel to download epg do i still press the yellow button then after downloaded leave on this channel for ten mins thanks also can i put this channel into any group to suit me thanks asgain

No yellow button mate.... Just leave it on that chan.... Listen to the background music if you like lol.

I do this one a week and it seems to populate most of the epg for all the bouquets... Or the ones the wife uses anyway :)

Not sure about moving it into groups though? Never tried???

bj1
21st March, 2013, 10:55 PM
Press groups
Go to 28.2 and select 7 day epg
Leave on this channel for a couple mins
Then press ok to get channel list up,
Then press yellow button for epg update,
For this to work properly you need a decent usb storage stick or even better a hdd connected
Then all this data will be saved,
I used to use a usb stick and it did not work that great but since I attached a hdd it has kept my epg up to date all the time,
Just remember if you ever have to turn box off by the button at back of box make sure you turn off with the stand bye button on remote first and let the hdd or usb store the epg first,
If you have not got a hdd then you need to buy one as this feature performs very well as well as all the recording you can do.

seangraves
21st March, 2013, 11:23 PM
hi mate thanks for advice just one thing how do i get the hdd to store the epg channlist etc ive got a 2tb hdd connected to the blade box all help appreiceted thanks

seangraves
21st March, 2013, 11:26 PM
No yellow button mate.... Just leave it on that chan.... Listen to the background music if you like lol.

I do this one a week and it seems to populate most of the epg for all the bouquets... Or the ones the wife uses anyway :)

Not sure about moving it into groups though? Never tried???
hi mate how do i know wen its picked all the info up for epg ,,,,it works for a bit the epg then i have to scan again to get the epg 7day list back up un running

D1GG3R
22nd March, 2013, 10:46 AM
All I do mate is put the box on the IEPGdata chan for about 5 to 10mins.. I do this once a week and it just works mate...

The epg is there for all the chans we use... Or the chans the wife uses lol that's how I know it's worked... We have a weeks worth of epg.

If its not working for you, then I have no idea why??

tony_i
1st April, 2013, 04:40 PM

This is a great tip and anyone having trouble downloading the 7 Day guide should try it.

It's the only method I've found to work for me 100% lately.

Edit: I spoke too soon. This isn't working well for me either.
The 7 Day EPG feature used to work great for me but just lately it's been dreadful.

Edit Edit: I've found a solution that might help others.
As someone said previously, your HDD needs to be working well to support the 7 Day EPG function. I've just realised that my hdd wasn't, because about 2000 random files had been dumped in the records folder from recording that had been made multiple times and hadn't then been deleted properly.
This is the second time I've had to clear this folder out, on two separate HDDs, because it was causing problems.
So: anyone at their wits' end because the 7 Day EPG doesn't function, delete/clean the Record folder on your HDD.

COLJO1000180
18th May, 2013, 08:52 AM
hello
i have the blade 7000s but don't know where to find information that you are saying
where is channel 8010? how do i scan in transponder 11778v?
thanks