PDA

View Full Version : Commando_v14_5-dm500s-Neutrino-Release

Renwich
12th March, 2012, 08:20 PM
Here we go then, with yet another CRACKING Commando release for DM500S

Actually, it should also work on DM500C boxes,too, if you pop your own local cables.xml file into /var/etc

Okay, what has changed since the October 2011 Commando 14.4 release? Let's take a look...

:giveup: Sadly, Rytec online 2 Day EPG has been removed. LraiZer reports that the downloaded tarball, when unzipped into /tmp - has now grown so phat, it's the straw that breaks the camel's back. In other words- the box crashes, through memory issues...

We're not saying Rytec EPG is gone forever, as Laz has said he will look at alternative ways of handling this data in the future, possibly by doing it on a file by file basis, along the lines that his RadioTimes online EPG works. Anyone got a fast (and FREE) host server we could use for this future dev, pleeeze?

What's new then?

:bounce: GetEPG by LraiZer. Up to 7 Days EPG direct from the sat stream, so it works even if your box isn't online. This has been made the default EPG mode, and WILL kick in 60 seconds after you've flashed C14.5 - just so you can see how it works. Sit back and enjoy the show, LOL! Yes, we know we're control freaks...

Don't worry, you can easily change the EPG source settings after, via a quick BLUE > BLUE key sequence, where you will find our very user-friendly and dynamic Commando EPG Wizard menus.

:bounce: GetEPG is fully-compatible (apparently, so Laz says) with the DreamboxUK Database as well. Wooo! And the SgtFlipFlop variety, if you first load them, and then do a 'Scan / Update'.

:giveup:German language By popular request from our German freunde, we have added Deutsch sprache support, including all the Extra code that Commando contains. But please remember, we have a 4.0MB JFFS2 var partition, which leaves no room for the usual /var_init folder normally found E1 in root SquashFS.

Our release is by default a 7.75MB mtd3 Flash w/o Bootloader format for the UK, meaning that you will not see the LANGUAGE prompt at first boot, like you may expect.

To switch Language to Deutsch: Menu > Settings > OSD > Language > deutsch

And for you UK users that find yourself in German and don't know how to get back to English (I did this in 2004 in Zg0re Balu from Polish, fcs): Menu > 3 > 6 > Red > english

Sorry, but our Blue > Blue EPG shell menu for 28.2?E is English only...

Satellites: Resulting from feedback, requests, and testing from our cousins in North America, Canada, and Australia, we have added the sats for these regions, thanks to (the aptly-named) Satsearching on here.

Picons: thanks to LraiZer's genius graphical skills, working with only the 16 base colours that are allowed in Neutrino, we proudly present a picons in the Infobar package of over 330 items, most of them with a nice '3D feel' to them, as well... Awesome! 84 of these are symlinks, for Regional and +1 channels, to save some space.

But he has really pushed the boat out with this package, including the very latesr logo designs from all of the providers. Eye-bleeding pixel-level work- stunning results- thanks, Laz!

TuxText: Yes- by popular request, this plugin is now embedded in the root partition and fully working. This means sub-titles too, for your audibly disadvantaged visitors,..

Services - Bouquets - EPG Channel Maps

Yes, it's all fresh and bang up to date. Don't even think about asking if Sly Sports F1 is in there, regarding Bouquets and Picon and EPG. Naturally, you'll need to be a Sly subsciber to Sly Sports and/or Sly HD in order to actually watch this channel

Driver support: It seems the latest cheapo clones out of China are shaving pennies off their price, by using a shite Philips tuner. Users are suffering glitching with these units...

We have a new feature in BLUE > MENU > YELLOW > YELLOW (System Info) that identifies which tuner you have. If it's a Philips, then we have no solution for this problem, sorry. If it says Alps-S - then you're laughing.

You can try other head.ko drivers one by one in: /var/driver and reboot. LraiZer has protected this, by detecting if the driver you are testing is the infamous Gemini 'Clone Bomb' driver. So don't worry- your box will NOT become a door stop...

Regional Channels: default services and bouquets are by LraiZer (as always) and are for the North West, even though we happen to know he lives down in Somerset.

For useful tips on how to customize your C14.5 reflash to YOUR local area, please look at:/var/etc/regional_channels.txt for some time-saving hints 'n tips. Either by FTP view, or in Tuxbox Commander, where the doc is easily readable.

As always, the image is FTA-only and contains no softcams, keys, etc. For Telnet and FTP access, user is root and there is no password (although FTP will need at least one character for the password field).

For previous versions history, please see this thread

Enjoy!

Download Now (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/commando_v14_5-dm500s-neutrino-release-rar-2049/)

Fano
14th March, 2012, 02:08 AM
The best Dreambox 500 image just got better.
Major kudos are due to the developers of this image ,its miles ahead of any other Dreambox 500 image in terms of functionality and user friendliness.
Getting the receiver to load the epg from the sat stream like enigma 2 boxes is some going .

PaphosAL
14th March, 2012, 12:01 PM
There will doubtless many users who, having tried the new stream GetEPG, wish to revert to RadioTimes online EPG, not least for it's capability to grab up to 14 days data for the prime movies and sports channels.

But many of you RT-EPG fans will have noticed that Auntie's package is a few bricks short of a bungalow. For example, there has been no data for Sky Showcase and Movies 24 for over 3 months now. She got her knickers in a twist over the temporary 'Christmas' name changes, and has never gotten around to fixing this.

For SONY TV, auntie has a placeholder (2697.dat) but this has always been an empty dat file since the day this channel went on air. As for you Liverpool FC fans, tough! She can't be bothered to give you any epg for LFCTV viewers...

If none of the above really bothers you, then read no further and leave things as they are at your end. But if you would like to see up to 7 Days of EPG and Long Descriptions for these channels, then LraiZer has galloped to your rescue!

Add the enclosed files to the folders indicated in the rar attachment, and ensure you chmod 755 the new weekepgjob script. The existing rt-loader script should remain at 755 attributes when you overwrite it with the new one.

How does it work? LraiZer uses GetEPG to grab the data for these missing RT channels from the stream, and then converts them to pseudo RT dat files in /tmp - where they'll be read by the main rt-loader script following. Very clever!

What's the best way to use it? LraiZer suggests that the best method of loading RT-EPG is with the following settings:

Load RT-EPG at Startup? YES
Load RT-EPG on Wakeup? NO
Add a PLUGIN timer to REBOOT daily (some random time after 0530)
Pick a daily reboot time that suits you, ie- when nobody is ever watching telly.

Can I still use manual RT-EPG load via the GUI? Yes, but do it during the ads, as the first minute of processing switches into radio muzak mode, with some rolling screenies. You'll then be switched back to the channel you were watching, while the rest of RT-EPG loads in the background.

Thanks to LraiZer for yet another piece of awesome scripting!

Cheers- AL :congrats:

PaphosAL
14th March, 2012, 04:48 PM
For previous versions history, please see this thread

Wot thread, Renny? :confused:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-4-neutrino-dm500s-234114/

LMAO... Also, here's a screenie that better explains LraiZer's fabulous new stream GetEPG

Cheers- AL ;)

barrowmanandrew
16th March, 2012, 02:21 PM
new image is superb, looks and feels great.

loving the new picons and the new epg system is fantastic....

big thanks to the developers for all their hardwork, much appreciated..

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/awad/we-are-not-worthy.gifhttp://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/awad/we-are-not-worthy.gifhttp://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/awad/we-are-not-worthy.gif

sinranogenma
23rd March, 2012, 04:44 PM
thanks a lot friend keep up the good work

thecelticfan
1st April, 2012, 11:59 PM
Cheers Guys,

Got this up and running in minutes. Using RT epg.

Well done!

bup-bupe
5th April, 2012, 08:00 PM
hi is this the latest image for the dreambox 500s can i put n-line with this image once flashed it???

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2012, 08:03 PM
l wouldnt use this image on my worst enemy's box

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 01:54 PM

Yet again, thanks for the constructive feedback, this will also be included in the next release notes.

SS

Renwich
6th April, 2012, 03:38 PM
have you actually tried it, someone of your status on the board should be more constructive

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 03:48 PM
l found it hard work and over the top , the epg setup and channels ie trying to setup your area is to hard for noobs and no ccam to download ? a good image should be easy to setup no hard ,, pli is simple ..

sorry dont like it simples

cant like everything

Renwich
6th April, 2012, 04:31 PM
Downloading Cam is as simple as it gets only requires basic knowledge of FTP no harder than editing CCcam.cfg

EPG again so simple even PaphosAl can use it

Neutrino is just different to Enigma and not to eveyones taste I can accept that

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 04:39 PM
lm sure your right Neutrino fans might like it ,, just think it could be easier ,, ie at least one camm installed would help .. lm just looking it a noobs view . l think most would lose interest and move on , even inserting your own channel list isnt easy is it , as its a different save to that dreamedit uses , l know theres not alot u can do with a enigma1 box ie spare space, so the epg is 100% better that pli , just have to play around for a long time to get box to your standard

my feedback "l wouldnt use this image on my worst enemy's box" was abit over the top

Renwich
6th April, 2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/posting-images-rules-239354/

if we included Cams then we would get our hands slapped by most boards

as a Team like Tuxbox board we do not do that

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/posting-images-rules-239354/

if we included Cams then we would get our hands slapped by most boards

as a Team like Tuxbox board we do not do that

cant u add a menu update ? and that adds camms . u would be uploading a fta image then ?

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 04:46 PM
and no ccam to download ?

It would be easy to add cccam download, but we won't do it, probably for the same reasons that DK don't host cams, simples.......

If your finding it hard work to use ftp, then stick to pli or try searching on the forum on how to use "File Transfer Protocol".

SS

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 04:50 PM
It would be easy to add cccam download, but we won't do it, probably for the same reasons that DK don't host cams, simples.......

If your finding it hard work to use ftp, then stick to pli or try searching on the forum on how to use "File Transfer Protocol".

SS

lol . l had it up and running in no time , but as said before would someone new to these boxes ?

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 04:56 PM
lol . l had it up and running in no time , but as said before would someone new to these boxes ?

As said before, you said it was hard work, but now you say you had it up and running in no time.......?

You understand ftp now?

SS

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 05:01 PM
As said before, you said it was hard work, but now you say you had it up and running in no time.......?

You understand ftp now?

SS

shame u cant take criticism , best of luck , l wouldnt suggest this image to a newbie simple as that , lv been doing this as long as u and wots ftp lol

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 05:07 PM
shame u cant take criticism , best of luck , l wouldnt suggest this image to a newbie simple as that , lv been going this as long as u and wots ftp lol

We welcome criticism to improve the image, only trying to help.

Where would the image get the cam from? I personally wouldn't feel comfortable "hosting" cams on my servers, would you?

SS

Renwich
6th April, 2012, 05:15 PM

I've no problem with constructive and fair criticism

but the above is neither constructive or fair

Like I said Neutrino is not to everyone's taste. and to be honest E1 is boring everyone is doing it. if the image is simple it takes all the fun out of the hobby, its not just about watching TV

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 05:15 PM
no sure on risks , thats a risk people take or dont that its upto u m8 ,, shame it cant be soused from another server over seas , but its about cost then , how do pli get away with it ?

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 05:19 PM
I've no problem with constructive and fair criticism

but the above is neither constructive or fair

Like I said Neutrino is not to everyone's taste. and to be honest E1 is boring everyone is doing it. if the image is simple it takes all the fun out of the hobby, its not just about watching TV

have said in post 14 is was over the top ,, so sorry for that , but your first line in op dosnt help

"Here we go then, with yet another CRAP Commando release for DM500S"

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 05:23 PM
"Here we go then, with yet another CRAP Commando release for DM500S"

Which was based on your previous feedback :stupido3:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/linux-box-ebay-please-help-254039/#post1440940

Which also didn't help........

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 05:26 PM
Which was based on your previous feedback :stupido3:

show me where l posted that ? op was made on the 12th March, 2012, 08:20 PM and not edited ,

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 05:29 PM
show me where l posted that ? op was made on the 12th March, 2012, 08:20 PM and not edited ,

I posted the link above.

Please, can we leave this thread for constructive feedback?

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 05:33 PM
I posted the link above.

Please, can we leave this thread for constructive feedback?

comment wasnt about this release l was telling a newbie the best image or a newbie , and l still believe its right .. crap wasnt to best word to use l agree

PaphosAL
6th April, 2012, 05:34 PM
and remember PLi are based in Holland, so aren't subject to the laws of our land.

Anyway, we all look forward to testing YOUR next DM500S inage release, smirnoff_rules, and promise you constructive feedback...

:dontknow:

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 05:36 PM
comment wasnt about this release l was telling a newbie the best image or a newbie , and l still believe its right .. crap wasnt to best word to use l agree

Well, at least you have admitted to 2 unfair comments so far in this thread!

Again, please leave this thread to constructive feedback for future improvements on the image (and maybe stay off the Smirnoff).

SS

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2012, 05:44 PM
l dont do drunk posts l say as l feel at the time , sometimes may post before thinking ,, but l still think it isnt newbie friendy , but that might not be the market your looking at

SatSearching
6th April, 2012, 08:14 PM
Moving target noted with thanks, will forward to the Commando marketing department.

SS

l dont do drunk posts l say as l feel at the time , sometimes may post before thinking ,, but l still think it isnt newbie friendy , but that might not me the market your looking at

PaphosAL
7th April, 2012, 08:41 AM
Cheers Guys,

Got this up and running in minutes. Using RT epg.

Well done!

Thanks thecelticfan! In order to assist us with our future marketing strategies, would you please tell us how you would describe yourself in dreambox terms please?

1. Total noob
2. Newish, but learning fast
3. Fairly proficient
4. Expert
5. Genius

Thanks for your help

Cheers- AL ;)

smirnoff_rules
7th April, 2012, 05:18 PM
after the slating lol , l gave this image another go and had a good read on other forums about the things l was missing ie convert my channel list to 'Neutrino and so on and have installed on daughters 500 , its the only one l have now the rest or 800's , so lm going to let her use it and see how she gets on with it , the only problem l have is my area channels dont have epg but not a great problem as pli didnt have any lol ..

l can see u have put alot of work into this and my comments where harsh to say the least , daughter likes it so far and its stable , very good work on a full image on a limited space box , l forgot how little storage these had ,,

sorry again lads .. l'll think first and type later next time

SatSearching
7th April, 2012, 05:30 PM
the only problem l have is my area channels dont have epg but not a great problem as pli didnt have any lol ..

Which channels are these? As it can get the epg from the stream it should be possible with a small bit of editing.

SS

smirnoff_rules
7th April, 2012, 05:42 PM
Which channels are these? As it can get the epg from the stream it should be possible with a small bit of editing.

SS

bbc 1 west midlands
itv west midlands
itv + 1
channels 4 and 5 and plus 1 on them too ?

PaphosAL
8th April, 2012, 10:19 AM
From the Commando 14.5 release notes in post #1:

Regional Channels: default services and bouquets are by LraiZer (as always) and are for the North West, even though we happen to know he lives down in Somerset.

For useful tips on how to customize your C14.5 reflash to YOUR local area, please look at:/var/etc/regional_channels.txt for some time-saving hints 'n tips. Either by FTP view, or in Tuxbox Commander, where the doc is easily readable.

I was going to take you to task on how 'easy' it is to install and set up Radio Times online EPG in OpenPLi. The channel mapping GUI is the most user-UNfriendly interface I've ever come across! So much so, that guys like Lincsat published step-by-step tutorials on how to do it...

Not to mention the fact that when you download and install the RT-EPG package, it doesn't work. So you dig around the PLi Forum to find out why, only to discover that you also have to download and install the SQLite database Plugin. Doh! If SqLite is vital to RT-EPG, why isn't it all rolled up into one package, fcs?

PLi RT-EPG is also very inflexible inasmuch that all mapped channels can only be set for the same number of days. LraiZer's C14.5 version allows you to have 14 days for prime movies and sport, 8 days for 'good' channels, 3 days for middle of the road channels, 1 days for Kids, and so on.

But our piece d' resistance is SPEED. 14.5 release has around 190 mapped RT-EPG channels (already done for you, ahem!) and takes just over one minute to load. A similarly mapped setup in OpenPLi would take over 5 minutes to download, from the self-same BBC server!!

Finally, LraiZer's awesome new GetEPG grabbed from the stream- well, you ain't ever going to see anything like that in E1 OpenPLi are you?

Cheers- AL :)

ps- dunno how old your daughter is, smirnoff_rules, but you have her ADULT bouquet visible and unlocked...

:wink:

smirnoff_rules
8th April, 2012, 12:35 PM
shes 21 m8 , going to have to reflash l think ,. she just told me the volume isnt working on the remote and picture is going black every 10 minutes for a second then coming back on .. so will have a play with the channel list after that

PaphosAL
8th April, 2012, 02:48 PM
Menu > Settings > Driver/Boot options > PMT update = ON

Switch this to OFF and reboot. Should cure the black screens issue. As for Volume proble this might be a keymapping issue?

Sent from the pub on my galaxy ace :)

bup-bupe
8th April, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hi has any body got a backup image with all the things in the image then just edit the CCcam and put your info in and your on
Anybody

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shady
8th April, 2012, 03:06 PM
jesus.. bone idle... it takes literally 30 seconds to ftp a boquet list over...

smirnoff_rules
8th April, 2012, 03:15 PM

Switch this to OFF and reboot. Should cure the black screens issue. As for Volume proble this might be a keymapping issue?

Satsearching's new Keybinding Menu in Settings!! Visible by default now, this has the facility to remap the Volume Keys!!
important: If you decide to remap these keys, you MUST first disable the existing Subservices Up and Subservices Down Keys, by assigning both of these to Key = None

... Then set up your Volume -/+ keys as you want them, and finally the Subservices keys. You'll be using the L/R keys either side of the [OK] button, and the L/R keys either side of the [0] button, as per your own preferences

l'll have a play when hers out

bup-bupe
8th April, 2012, 03:21 PM
Anybody got a backup image
The channel list above where do I put that in the FTP
It's better if someone would post a back up
If I had this firmware working I would upload a backup so every body can have
And is this clone safe

PaphosAL
8th April, 2012, 06:07 PM
Anybody got a backup image
The channel list above where do I put that in the FTP
It's better if someone would post a back up
If I had this firmware working I would upload a backup so every body can have
And is this clone safe

Yes it's clone safe, if you bothered to read the release files for previous versions, m8! It's also gemini bomb-proof, again, if you've bothered to read back...

Channel list? What channel list? It comes with a channel list, fcs. You just do a few documented tweaks for your own locality.

And I'd think twice before uploading a fully-fledged image to D-K if I were you. Read the RULEZ first, and then ask yourself why cable dBox2 went tits up 2 years ago. Peeps got complacent, and greedy, and just wanted free tv, plug 'n play. Well, bollox to that!

:rolleyes:

PaphosAL
8th April, 2012, 06:24 PM
Satsearching's new Keybinding Menu in Settings!! Visible by default now, this has the facility to remap the Volume Keys!!
important: If you decide to remap these keys, you MUST first disable the existing Subservices Up and Subservices Down Keys, by assigning both of these to Key = None

... Then set up your Volume -/+ keys as you want them, and finally the Subservices keys. You'll be using the L/R keys either side of the [OK] button, and the L/R keys either side of the [0] button, as per your own preferences

l'll have a play when hers out

Ah- you found it smirnoff_rules! Don't bother reflashing, as there's nowt wrong with your C14.5 flash as it stands. Just try that PMT toggle I suggested above.

Now, the Volume button... OK, you're used to seeing these buttons, marked Vol- and Vol+ either side of the OK button in E1 aren't you? In Neutrino, it's slightly different, but for a VERY good reason.

Before you attempt Satsearching's keymapping exercise, just try this: Verify that your R/C Volume buttons actually work on the left / right < / > arrow keys either side of the 0 button. If they do, then ffs LEAVE IT THAT WAY!!!

Why? Because the L / R buttons either side of OK are dedicated to a feature NOT found in E1, which is Virtual Zap

This is where you press OK (to bring up the Infobar) and then left or right either side of OK to see wotz on Now 'n Next on other channels, without actually leaving the current channel you're currently watching. If you fancy wotz on another channel, you just press OK to zap to it!

Enigma can't do that. So think twice before keybinding those Volume buttons, m8, coz if you do- Virtual Zap will no longer function. You've been warned...

Cheers- AL :sheep:

SatSearching
8th April, 2012, 09:38 PM
The main reason why the volume keys was added to the Key Binding menu was because some users reported that the volume UP and DOWN worked the wrong way round on some clone boxes (has always been fine on mine though).

As AL says, check the < and > keys either side of the 0 button.

If you want, you can still remap volume to the marked volume keys, then remap virtual zap to the < and > keys.

But, I think it works best as default as you will probably use virtual zap more than volume, and it makes sence to use virtual zap buttons close to the OK button. Also while using virtual zap, you can use the up and down keys to check programs later in the day.

SS

PaphosAL
9th April, 2012, 09:37 AM
Satsearching- I remember testing this when you first modded the Keybinding menu to include the Vol +/- keys. And I'm pretty damned sure that there was no way I could get Virtual Zap to work on the 'new' Left - Right < 0 > keys either side of the 0 key, m8.

Have you tried this and succeeded, then?

SatSearching
9th April, 2012, 11:21 AM
AL

Just had a look and you are correct, the virtual zap keys are still hard coded in channellist.cpp so cannot be re-binded (yet).

SS

Satsearching- I remember testing this when you first modded the Keybinding menu to include the Vol +/- keys. And I'm pretty damned sure that there was no way I could get Virtual Zap to work on the 'new' Left - Right < 0 > keys either side of the 0 key, m8.

Have you tried this and succeeded, then?

PaphosAL
9th April, 2012, 11:34 AM
OK, now that peace has broken out in this thread, and thanks to the Mods here on D-K and on DWZ and on UkCvs, the first line of the Commando 14.5 release notes now read:

Here we go then, with yet another CRACKING Commando release for DM500S

So now, we can all move on...

Cheers- AL ;)

smirnoff_rules
9th April, 2012, 02:32 PM

that didnt work but changed setting in video

turned switch scart automatically to off and seems ok now

pjmorie
14th April, 2012, 04:34 PM
I flashed this to my DM500s and must say it is very very good comapred to the image I was using before, the epg and channel icons are great.
If possible I would like to be able to record from the box onto my PC (I'm using a wifi-bridge to connect the box to my PC via my router) and am wondering is there any guide availbale on how to configure the box/image to do this and what sofware, if any, is needed.

luanvllasa
14th May, 2012, 01:28 PM
coll thing i registeret now i read the post that the gys say and a lot of another forum found this image very colll thanks guys

voc1967
16th May, 2012, 03:28 PM
I flashed this onto my dreambox last night and all i get now is a black screen and it wont boot up . the green light is on and thats all .

Cant get into ftp after flash .

psats
16th May, 2012, 04:43 PM
I flashed this onto my dreambox last night and all i get now is a black screen and it wont boot up . the green light is on and thats all .

Cant get into ftp after flash .

reflash useing dreamup.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

Baggie79
20th May, 2012, 10:45 AM
Firstly I love the image it is simply the best out there so thanks for all the hard work!

I do though have a problem that is really puzzling me. It is to do with the remote control. It is extremely unresponsive apart from the channel up and down buttons. If I press the channel up ot down button it works first time 100% of the time but if I press any other key like the ok button or menu etc. it either does nothing or I have to press it many many times before it will function.

It is not the remote as I have tried the remote with other images and it works perfectly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PaphosAL
20th May, 2012, 02:57 PM
When you press the non-responsive buttons, does the green led on the front of the box blink? If it doesn't, then I'd venture to suggest that it might be time for you to invest in a pair of new AAA batteries...

Baggie79
20th May, 2012, 04:03 PM
When you press the non-responsive buttons, does the green led on the front of the box blink? If it doesn't, then I'd venture to suggest that it might be time for you to invest in a pair of new AAA batteries...

Yes it does flash and the up and down buttons work 100%

andi968
23rd May, 2012, 09:03 PM
Can anyone tell me if this image is SLY uk card ready or do I have to install a add on if so what add on should I use?
Thanks in advance
UPDATE
Engineer just fitted new sly system in master bedroom (we have tivo in all other rooms) once he left I unplugged the Sly + box and plugged in the dreambox with this image inserted the card and without any intervention or box key it worked has been running 2.5 hours now and no significant heat gain of card.
So I will now be able to watch all my subscription channels on the dreambox in my motorhome.

THis really is a first class image A++++

blokeupnorth
29th May, 2012, 08:14 PM
I tried to install this image on my d500s clone and I get the error message "it is too big for flash memory, try to install in multiboot mode"(I am using FW Pro 6.3).

Can anyone help?

RP3X
13th June, 2012, 12:24 PM
I have flashed successfully Commando image via dreamup it is working fine. I love the image, its fast and stable and clear and well organized.

I have read I need to place my edited (2.3.0) CCcam.cfg into /var/etc/ and also CCcam.ppc into /var/bin/emu/, I have done this and hit the blue button>extras>softcam menu but its empty, even softcam status is empty ?

I also downloaded an older 2.1.3 and a CCcam.ppc from the net and tried those older files but no joy sadly, the bouquets worked fine though!

Any advise on if im doing something wrong will be appreciated, thx

voc1967
13th June, 2012, 06:29 PM
I have flashed successfully Commando image via dreamup it is working fine. I love the image, its fast and stable and clear and well organized.

I have read I need to place my edited (2.3.0) CCcam.cfg into /var/etc/ and also CCcam.ppc into /var/bin/emu/, I have done this and hit the blue button>extras>softcam menu but its empty, even softcam status is empty ?

I also downloaded an older 2.1.3 and a CCcam.ppc from the net and tried those older files but no joy sadly, the bouquets worked fine though!

Any advise on if im doing something wrong will be appreciated, thx

rename CCcam.ppc to CCcam and it will work .

FTP to /var/bin/emu. Hit blue, then menu, on the remote, select the Softcam menu to turn it on, then select reset.
Cfg ftp's to var/etc

darksky
13th June, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi thanks for a great image.

I have one problem that could be a bug. If the box is rebooted, the remote will work for a minute then a message appears for a split second saying something about the remote will be locked. After the message the remote will not work even though the light on the box flashes. It remains locked even if left alone for over 10 minutes.

I suspected it was something to do with the automatic epg update so I disabled the 'update epg at reboot' option and the remote worked without problems.

RP3X
13th June, 2012, 10:32 PM
rename CCcam.ppc to CCcam and it will work .

FTP to /var/bin/emu. Hit blue, then menu, on the remote, select the Softcam menu to turn it on, then select reset.
Cfg ftp's to var/etc

thx so simple and it worked right away:)

rick19011
18th June, 2012, 07:26 PM
How do you sort channel names by name in order?

nomemory
24th June, 2012, 01:00 PM
I am new, and how i download this image?
nomemory, you do not have permission to access this page

Renwich
24th June, 2012, 10:32 PM
you will need more posts, and don't download commando 14.5.....

Commando 14.6 is now available

phat1
25th June, 2012, 06:11 PM
put message in 14.6

southpaw
2nd August, 2012, 02:48 PM
best image i have ever come across for the 500 , nice features and my box aint locked-up once since i installed this (previous images would randomly freeze the box were only cure was re-flash)

well done to the team behind this, getting every last drop of performance from limited hardware:beerglass:

BromsgroveBhoy
3rd August, 2012, 11:39 AM
Always used DarkStar II image for Dreamboxes. I must have set-up around +20 over the last 2 years.

Only came across the Commando image yesterday - where the heck have I been!?!

Did a bit of set-up and testing last night.

Flashed - yes. Up-and-running - well almost ...

CCcam I realise is not bundled within Commando image.
Trawled the internet for suitable (Engima1) CCcam.

Did the necessaries i.e. the read the Tutbox manuals and carefully placed, renamed (where appropriate) and Chmod 755 the files.

The image functionality is so ADVANCED over what I'm used to.

However, not being able to get local and remote shares to work was (and is) a total nightmare.

My plan is to revert back to DarkStar II image, get the shares up and running and then copy the working CCcam and CCcam.cfg files to PC temporarily.

Reflash DreamBox 500s with Commando image and then copy in the working CCcam and CCcam.cfg files - stored on PC - to /var/bin/emu and /var/etc, respectively.

I need the above (in)sanity checked? Will it work?

Any advice would be excellent.

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy.

smoggie
3rd August, 2012, 09:20 PM
Always used DarkStar II image for Dreamboxes. I must have set-up around +20 over the last 2 years.

Only came across the Commando image yesterday - where the heck have I been!?!

Did a bit of set-up and testing last night.

Flashed - yes. Up-and-running - well almost ...

CCcam I realise is not bundled within Commando image.
Trawled the internet for suitable (Engima1) CCcam.

Did the necessaries i.e. the read the Tutbox manuals and carefully placed, renamed (where appropriate) and Chmod 755 the files.

The image functionality is so ADVANCED over what I'm used to.

However, not being able to get local and remote shares to work was (and is) a total nightmare.

My plan is to revert back to DarkStar II image, get the shares up and running and then copy the working CCcam and CCcam.cfg files to PC temporarily.

Reflash DreamBox 500s with Commando image and then copy in the working CCcam and CCcam.cfg files - stored on PC - to /var/bin/emu and /var/etc, respectively.

I need the above (in)sanity checked? Will it work?

Any advice would be excellent.

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy.

I guess that is what happens when you only visit the forum if you are after some knowledge and not visting on regular occasions to give what you have learned back:p

PaphosAL
4th August, 2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, what you're planning is viable, but why the ~~~~ didn't you back up that stuff from DS to PC first, BEFORE flashing C14.6???

Also, read the Softcam section of the General Hints and Tips helpfile that's in the image, via TuxCom or FTP. /var/etc/info

BromsgroveBhoy
4th August, 2012, 04:23 PM
I do deserve the criticism - don't post enough to share knowledge. Not making a backup, schoolboy error (and I left school nearly 30 years ago, although it still feel 17!).

Well I'm no futher forward after tolling late into the night and again earlier today. Now read all the Tutbox docs (RTFM I say!).

Softcam starts and is up and running. Get all the FTA channels. Network light next to ethernet connection is lit up on DreamBox 500s.

But no matter what I put in the CCcam.cfg file in /var/etc in terms of shares etc, they just don't get actioned by the Softcam. The KEY symbol remains and does not unlock on any of the non FTA channels even following reboot of box.

Is there any way to ECHO (like DOS) or "source" (like UNIX) the CCcam.cfg file when the Softcam is running to ensure the file is actually being read/scanned by the Softcam?

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

BromsgroveBhoy
4th August, 2012, 08:06 PM
Update - it was wholly my TYPO in the connection line after all.

Flashed the DreamBox 500s around 10 times with 4 different images over a 12 hour period and each time same issue i.e. would not connect via connection line.

Was coming to the conclusion the DreamBox 500s was pseudo-bricked. However, changed my TYPO to the correct "string" it all then started to work.

So now upgraded from a DarkStar II running 2.1.3 CAM to Commando running 2.3.0 CAM.

So in conclusion:

(1) Use Commando image - it is brilliant (thanks to the developers).
(2) Download a CCCam 2.3.0 from internet using a google search. It'll come either "zip" or "rar" format. 'unpack' it locally on PC/laptop.
(3) Flash box with Commando image using DreamUP.
(4) Use DreamBox Control Centre to send CCcam.cfg (from (2) above) to /var/etc and chmod 755 the file at that location.
(5) Use DreamBox Control Centre to send CCcam.ppc (from (2) above) to /var/bin/emu. In ~/emu rename CCcam.ppc to CCcam. (no dot) Also change CCcam file attributes to 755.
(6) Enjoy the new Commando image experience.
(7) DO (1) through (6) - you won't regret it one bit.

p.s. I promise now to monitor the site better and post more advice and help when needed! Thanks for your patience with this "old newbie".

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

smoggie
5th August, 2012, 07:57 PM
use something like cccam lines manager to make up your lines to avoid similar problem in future.congrats on sorting it

BromsgroveBhoy
6th August, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'll take a look at CCcam Lines Manager - thanks for the suggestion. Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

PaphosAL
6th August, 2012, 10:26 AM
(1) Use Commando image - it is brilliant (thanks to the developers).
(2) Download a CCCam 2.3.0 from internet using a google search. It'll come either "zip" or "rar" format. 'unpack' it locally on PC/laptop.
(3) Flash box with Commando image using DreamUP.
(4) Use DreamBox Control Centre to send CCcam.cfg (from (2) above) to /var/etc and chmod 755 the file at that location.
(5) Use DreamBox Control Centre to send CCcam.ppc (from (2) above) to /var/bin/emu. In ~/emu rename CCcam.ppc to CCcam. (no dot) Also change CCcam file attributes to 755.
(6) Enjoy the new Commando image experience.
(7) DO (1) through (6) - you won't regret it one bit.

p.s. I promise now to monitor the site better and post more advice and help when needed! Thanks for your patience with this "old newbie".

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

Thanks! But the bits I've painted red are unnecessary, m8. CCcam.cfg is not an executable, so can stay on the default chmod 644 permissions. And the CCcam binary is automatically made 755 by the Softcam Menu when you select and start the cam.

I stick to 2.2.1 personally, as I've read posts suggesting that 2.3.x has a secret back door allowing hackers to grab your sea lion...

Cheers- AL ;)

BromsgroveBhoy
6th August, 2012, 11:27 AM
Hi AL,

Thanks about the unecessary red chmod pointers and 2.2.1 vs 2.3.x CCcam.

I'm now going to downgrade from 2.3.0 to 2.2.1 as per your suggestion. Thanks.

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

PaphosAL
6th August, 2012, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't actually think of it as a 'downgrade' really. 2.2.1 is 100% rock-solid stable on both my DM500S clone boxes running C14.6

BromsgroveBhoy
7th August, 2012, 10:22 AM
Oophs - sorry for the wrong terminology ('downgrade').

Thanks for your suggestion and I've now changed the CCcam.

Keep up the good work!

My mate was well impressed by the Commando image last night.

He's got a Dreambox 800 HD PVR with an different image.

Now wants Commando image (there's a recommendation if ever there was one) but needs me to set it up.

Still to read up (sorry) but will Commando work on his set-up?

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

PaphosAL
7th August, 2012, 10:27 AM
Commando 14.6 is currently for DM500 only

But the lads (Renwich, Satsearching and LraiZer) are beavering away behind the scenes to port it to DM800SE as well. Fingers crossed...

BromsgroveBhoy
7th August, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cheers for the clarification i.e. that Commando 14.6 is currently for DM500 only.

Commando 14.6 is so feature rich and removes the usual monthly faffing around with EPG and Bouquet updates that other images need.

Hats off to Renwich, Satsearching and LraiZer <- brilliant work guys. Getting the image ported to DM800SE would be utterly superb.

Regards, BromsgroveBhoy

moushegh
19th August, 2012, 02:44 PM
by any chance can i use this firmware on my dm500d for DLNA client support ?

mosbarzi
21st August, 2012, 02:58 PM
Thank you very much, appreciated ;)

quinnylfc
27th August, 2012, 03:28 PM
gone back to dreambox 500s and looking for a decent image not used one of these boxes in a couple of yrs been using openboxs is the commando image ok

Equinoxd
27th August, 2012, 03:32 PM
sounds like the 1 to try out :)

PaphosAL
27th August, 2012, 04:32 PM
I hope you guys all realize you're posting in the Commando 14.5 feedback thread, and that the mindblowingly awesome 14.6 version was released on here in late June?

Cheers- AL ;)

lunar
13th September, 2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks for great efforts

godbiz
13th September, 2012, 10:09 PM
thank you for this marvelous image!!

smirnoff_rules
13th September, 2012, 10:49 PM
do u mean 14,6 ? this is the older one 14,5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nixion
22nd September, 2012, 07:12 PM
can i try out in belgium??

PaphosAL
23rd September, 2012, 09:02 AM
can i try out in belgium??

Of course you can! But use the current 14.6 version please.

ishm8
29th November, 2012, 09:15 PM
can this be done through flashfxp? as i know ther are many programs and hello from a new user

mersudin
3rd February, 2013, 05:09 PM
Works great

PaphosAL
3rd February, 2013, 05:45 PM
Works great

Yes, we know it did, m8. But this is the Commando 14.5 thread, and that image was released back in March 2012. Then C14.6 came out at the end of June 2012, and that worked even greater!

And finally, Commando 14.7 was unleashed onto the patiently waiting masses last Sunday, 27th January 2013. And that works even greater still, LOL!

:)

SatSearching
7th February, 2013, 11:31 PM
AL

You should see the other posts these "1 posters" reply too just to get download status.

Some still reply to the SS-Enigma image ffs.

SS

Yes, we know it did, m8. But this is the Commando 14.5 thread, and that image was released back in March 2012. Then C14.6 came out at the end of June 2012, and that worked even greater!

And finally, Commando 14.7 was unleashed onto the patiently waiting masses last Sunday, 27th January 2013. And that works even greater still, LOL!

:)

niallp
8th February, 2013, 10:14 PM
Am trying to load gemini 420_DM500.img with V1.3.3.6 but get Error "Aborted by User, Exiting.
Any ideas on what this newbie should try next.

Nass92i
15th February, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks you .. just renisialized my dm500 .. needed it :D

zee24
6th October, 2013, 12:58 PM
hi im a DM500s noob I just about got my channels up and running yesterday, but my question is how do I switch between my c lines on the box??

I have pasted both lines in the CCcam.cfg file and pressed blue on the remote im using one of the lines but can't seem to find the other line which is my back up line incase my main one goes down.

psats
6th October, 2013, 07:04 PM
hi im a DM500s noob I just about got my channels up and running yesterday, but my question is how do I switch between my c lines on the box??

I have pasted both lines in the CCcam.cfg file and pressed blue on the remote im using one of the lines but can't seem to find the other line which is my back up line incase my main one goes down.

only the active line will show in camd status

zee24
6th October, 2013, 08:24 PM
ok so if the active line goes off for some reason then the other line will come on automatically???

zee24
27th October, 2013, 07:05 PM
does anyone know where the box office channels are on this image? I have a sub with box office added but can't seem to find the channels on the box ive tried a scan but still no luck

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2013, 07:14 PM
does anyone know where the box office channels are on this image? I have a sub with box office added but can't seem to find the channels on the box ive tried a scan but still no luck

u need to new image m8 14.7 oct update , save camm and add to tmp folder and do a manual update or start again

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f214/226158d1382549899-commando-14-7-dm500-release-commando_14-7-dm500-updated_23-10-2013.rar

zee24
27th October, 2013, 07:22 PM
can't i just get them without having to update image? not really got time to update it today

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2013, 07:25 PM
sky changed all the setting and sat frequency's , takes 5 minutes to add to tmp folder and update box m8 14.5 is an old image now

zee24
27th October, 2013, 07:28 PM
ive just had the box 2 weeks still dont know what im doing, I used the link below to set up my box with my ................do i just do it the same way then? and yh I know it's old the box already had it on so I just left it incase i f'd it up lol

.................................................. ...........................
@zee24 Please reacquaint yourself with the Forum Rules please:rulez: you just broke them:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/#post2

Discussions about cardsharing are not allowed, including, but not limited to, cccam, gbox, mbox, etc.

Do not post links to other forums with similar content