PDA

View Full Version : PPI COMPENSATION

Rien1988
13th March, 2012, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know if your still entitled to ppi compensation even though I never paid my credit card? I know I had ppi on my credit card but I never paid it off theres an outstanding balance of 1000 pound does that matter though ? Or would I still be entitled to money back for the misleading sale of ppi? Thanks

nara
13th March, 2012, 09:25 PM
Sorry m8, but that's taking the piss in my book.

Rien1988
13th March, 2012, 10:11 PM
Maybe is but you never know paying your credit card balance is totally different to paying a misleading insurance you never asked for ?

tshirtman
13th March, 2012, 10:14 PM
Simple answer no, you wouldn't get a penny, any money owed to you in compensation would go to your credit card company to pay off your debt.

Rien1988
13th March, 2012, 10:27 PM
So technically I could still gain off it because most people are getting around 2500 and my card is 1000 pound outstanding so I could receive 1500 ? Roughy ....

nibblitz
13th March, 2012, 11:27 PM
Put in a claim, you wont know until you try

how to complain - if you think you've been mis-sold PPI (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/PPI.html)

GastonJ
14th March, 2012, 02:14 AM
I have around 1/2 dozen blocked telephone numbers on my phone from ppi companies if anyone really wants to be called 10 times a day. Odd thing is no matter how rude I've been to them they still continue. Perhaps we should start a spam telephone numbers thread.

Snowy79
14th March, 2012, 08:39 AM
You'll find that those getting 2500 have probably been paying off a mortgage and the PPI would be a % of their payments. If they're paying over ?500 per month after a few years it could add up to a fair amount of money.

If it's a credit card unless you started off with a serious amount of money loaded on it and made decent sized payments you will be pissing in the wind.

Also look at the small print as chances are they have a payout clause stating you must pay a minimum amount every month to have valid insurance.

So technically I could still gain off it because most people are getting around 2500 and my card is 1000 pound outstanding so I could receive 1500 ? Roughy ....

Meat-Head
19th March, 2012, 11:02 PM

JUST DONATE THE LOT TO DK

SO ADMIN CAN FIX THE PROBLEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO WORKING THANKS BUTTONS

Also admin can use them funds to email members who rarely post

I have around 1/2 dozen blocked telephone numbers on my phone from ppi companies if anyone really wants to be called 10 times a day. Odd thing is no matter how rude I've been to them they still continue. Perhaps we should start a spam telephone numbers thread.

air horn down the phone seems to be the best way

if you tell them too ~~~~ off they set the system to keep calling your number oops:giveup:

GastonJ
19th March, 2012, 11:22 PM
I just block them from calling me now, works a treat. They need to get a real job like working in a bank lol

Meat-Head
19th March, 2012, 11:37 PM
how do you block them?

GastonJ
19th March, 2012, 11:45 PM
My phones have a block function. Put in the number and never hear from them again. I think the phone does a lookup in it's list of blocked numbers, doesn't ring but picks up and hangs up straight away, best buy ever. That's my landline btw.

You can do the same with Android phones as well, but I haven't had call to try that yet.

Kalipo
19th March, 2012, 11:53 PM
Sorry m8, but that's taking the piss in my book.

Shuttup what do you know,. eejit..

You can still claim against your PPI even if you haven't paid your credit card..

You arent claiming against your card.. You claiming against the insurance which which supplied the dodgy premiums in the first place.

Rip as many banks off as possible.. Don't pay them **** all..

If you need any letters just message me :).

GastonJ
19th March, 2012, 11:57 PM
Shuttup what do you know,. eejit..

You can still claim against your PPI even if you haven't paid your credit card..

You arent claiming against your card.. You claiming against the insurance which which supplied the dodgy premiums in the first place.

Rip as many banks off as possible.. Don't pay them **** all..

If you need any letters just message me :).

But don't you have to pay for the insurance before you can claim the money back from it? far be it from me to have to point this out, but he's paid 'em f'all lol

Elric
20th March, 2012, 12:00 AM
have a look here >>> Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-%28PPI%29)

GastonJ
20th March, 2012, 12:02 AM
have a look here >>> Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-%28PPI%29)

:eek: Does that say people can claim money back when they never paid it in the first place?

I'll get my claims off to all banks, even ones I've never heard of :roflmao:

Kalipo
20th March, 2012, 12:04 AM
But don't you have to pay for the insurance before you can claim the money back from it? far be it from me to have to point this out, but he's paid 'em f'all lol

That's technically true but, the insurance is already paid upfront by the CC..

Example..

Your an insurance company, You sell a premium to a CC for a account holder.. The CC pay you and you provide. Its then up to the CC to claim the money back from you, normally with a % on top..

You wouldn't provide a premium on the hope that the account holder pays you every month.. If they don't pay your screwed.

;)

GastonJ
20th March, 2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah ok I'd like to see that one fly by the onbudsman myself, go for it.

"How much did you pay them?"
"Nothing"
"How much are you claiming back"
"Everything I paid obviously"
"You paid nothing."
"Yeah but the credit card company paid them, so technically I did"
"How much did you pay your credit card company"
"Nothing...."
"So you paid nothing and want to claim money for the nothing you paid?"
"Yes, that's right"
"Are you a bank or just taking the pi$$??"

Yeah that works well, I'm sure.

Kalipo
20th March, 2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah ok I'd like to see that one fly by the onbudsman myself, go for it.

"How much did you pay them?"
"Nothing"
"How much are you claiming back"
"Everything I paid obviously"
"You paid nothing."
"Yeah but the credit card company paid them, so technically I did"
"How much did you pay your credit card company"
"Nothing...."
"So you paid nothing and want to claim money for the nothing you paid?"
"Yes, that's right"
"Are you a bank or just taking the pi$$??"

Yeah that works well, I'm sure.

It sounds far fetched but seriously, the FSA make them pay out lol..

GastonJ
20th March, 2012, 12:25 AM
I'd like to see the cheque on that one

super jumbe
20th March, 2012, 01:08 AM
Its other way round hear, the debt collectors are chasing me can I still ask for PPi refund when I haven?t paid a penny on my dept?

:giveup:

GastonJ
20th March, 2012, 01:12 AM
Its other way round hear, the debt collectors are chasing me can I still ask for PPi refund when I haven?t paid a penny on my dept?

:giveup:

yeah perhaps I've been wrong all these years paying for things. Maybe I should slam a few claims in because I could have been offered PPI, even though I wan't offered any, but nothing stopped me from not paying it so they should pay me anyway just in case?

If you aren't confused by now, wait a while longer...

super jumbe
20th March, 2012, 02:04 PM
The last debt collector came knocking at my house and asked me that I owe ?1,200 to credit card, I told him to ~~~~ off if its my bank lend me the money when I signed the papers, its between me and the bank.

He said I bought the remaining credit from bank and I am determining to get my money back.

Two years on I am still getting threatening letters???

:listen:

lagerland
20th March, 2012, 02:14 PM
They never go away SJ i went bankrupt in 2007 and still get letters from bedt recovery agencies if one has no joy they just sell the bedt to the next one very frustrating at times.............

super jumbe
20th March, 2012, 02:25 PM
They spend time writing letters including postage.
When delivered straight in the bin no problem???.
They can post 100 letters who cares!

:bounce:

swalem
20th March, 2012, 03:49 PM
PPI is and always has been a skank

Meat-Head
21st March, 2012, 09:28 PM
The last debt collector came knocking at my house
:listen:

If you talk to Admin your user name can be changed, as can your avatair.

GastonJ
21st March, 2012, 11:25 PM
Well looking like Sylvester the cat is a dead giveaway when hiding from debt collectors who are dressed as Tweety Pie - he was always spotting puddy ctats lol