PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 11:47 AM
any tips on good pain relief?

the amount of pain i'm in right now, they better make me wise once they're fully through!

:(

zaphodbb
14th March, 2012, 11:48 AM
oil of cloves cb put a drop on your finger rub it on tooth

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 11:51 AM
oil of cloves cb put a drop on your finger rub it on tooth

aw no, they make me feel sick. is that all that works? lol

zaphodbb
14th March, 2012, 11:54 AM
only other thing i can recommend is dissolving an asprin on the tooth but that dont taste so good either, but if they are just coming through have you tried bonjella

gmb45
14th March, 2012, 11:56 AM
aw no, they make me feel sick. is that all that works? lol

alcohol, best pain killer known to man, and tastes good n all. apart from the shite zaps drinks that is lol :puke:

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 11:59 AM
i can't find my bonjela, all i have is the babys teething powders which ill give a try for just now. its so sore but they're not even cutting through the gum yet :(

gmb45
14th March, 2012, 12:01 PM
i can't find my bonjela, all i have is the babys teething powders which ill give a try for just now. its so sore but they're not even cutting through the gum yet :(

use baby buns teething rings bun lol

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 12:02 PM
use baby buns teething rings bun lol

lol not a bad idea but doubt i could get them all the way to the back of my mouth :roflmao:

gmb45
14th March, 2012, 12:04 PM
lol not a bad idea but doubt i could get them all the way to the back of my mouth :roflmao:

find that hard to believe :roflmao: gaz says ya got no prob getting things all the way in :roflmao:

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 12:07 PM
:eek::embarassed:

zaphodbb
14th March, 2012, 12:08 PM
hes a dirty old perv cb ignore him

gmb45
14th March, 2012, 12:09 PM
:eek::embarassed:

ah :D , hit the nail on the heed eh :roflmao:

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 12:12 PM
lol the outside of my jaw feels like its bruising too, hope they don't take too long coming through.

me and the baby are teething at the same time, bad times lol

Lainie
14th March, 2012, 08:24 PM
awe hope you are feeling better hunni.

i didnt get wisdom teeth. i asked the dentist why and was told i didnt need them as i was wise enough. that and the fact that its a medical fact i have a small mouth.

:eek:

ChelseaBun
14th March, 2012, 09:07 PM
awe hope you are feeling better hunni.

i didnt get wisdom teeth. i asked the dentist why and was told i didnt need them as i was wise enough. that and the fact that its a medical fact i have a small mouth.

:eek:

thanks, doesn't seem to have shifted after copious amounts of pain killers.

oh you're lucky you didn't get them then, could imagine the pain of them trying to grow in with not enough space for them :eek: ouch!

skegsagypsy
14th March, 2012, 10:57 PM
Whiskey, swirll it round the gum, without doubt a miracle worker as far as pain relief is concerned!

Snowy79
15th March, 2012, 12:51 AM
As it's national BJ and Steak day see to your man. It wont sort your teath out but it will stop you moaning about it for a bit :p

Johnner
15th March, 2012, 01:26 AM
A couple of swally's o' whiskey.Yer only mon.!!

Then contact either gp or hospital to see if any work is needed on these teeth.Can be absolutely excruciating if left alone.

Evastar
15th March, 2012, 10:11 AM
Get liquid anbesol to rub on gums, not the gel or bonjela they are rubbish. If your jaw is tender and swollen you might have an abscess under tooth and will need an antibiotic.

chalky 4
15th March, 2012, 10:45 AM
Get your G.P. to prescribe some tylex capsules for you. For some reason this particular painkiller is excellent for toothache. :nurse:

ChelseaBun
15th March, 2012, 11:01 AM
thanks everyone, i cant have whisky as ive got the baby to look after and i cant get to the doctors as they dont have any appointments til mid-late next week :(

ive taken 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen so far and they lasted about 15 minutes lol

don't think its an abcess, my jaw is hurting because its two coming through at the same side (top and bottom) its making me feel really sick and light headed lol

gmb45
15th March, 2012, 11:02 AM
thanks everyone, i cant have whisky as ive got the baby to look after and i cant get to the doctors as they dont have any appointments til mid-late next week :(

ive taken 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen so far and they lasted about 15 minutes lol

don't think its an abcess, my jaw is hurting because its two coming through at the same side (top and bottom) its making me feel really sick and light headed lol

light headed lol ya dont have to swallow the whiskey bun ya can spit it oot :eek:

ChelseaBun
15th March, 2012, 11:06 AM
light headed lol ya dont have to swallow the whiskey bun ya can spit it oot :eek:

lol the smell of whisky is enough to get me drunk :roflmao:

nah i'd end up being sick anyway

ecufix
15th March, 2012, 11:33 AM
CB sounds like you just have to bare with it , remember though , it will pass , sorry girl I know its sore , regards

chalky 4
15th March, 2012, 07:06 PM
You should be able to get an emergency dental appointment. Or the dental hospital will see you. Good luck I remember the pain of wisdom teeth. :nurse:

ChelseaBun
15th March, 2012, 07:44 PM
nah can't afford dentist lol

decided to give whisky a try, seems to be working for about 5 minutes lol

xraydelta101
15th March, 2012, 09:17 PM
ChelseaBun goto tesco`s they have some stuff called orajel its dental anaesthetic that you rub on ya teeth and gums .the best stuff numbs it

DW190
15th March, 2012, 09:33 PM
No appointment at docs for two week??

Phone first thing in the morning for a same day appointment, they have to keep 50% for same day apps.

Or go to the walk in centre, ours and others I've seen have a dental department for emergency and pain relief.

ChelseaBun
15th March, 2012, 09:33 PM
ChelseaBun goto tesco`s they have some stuff called orajel its dental anaesthetic that you rub on ya teeth and gums .the best stuff numbs it

haven't heard of it, will need to keep a look out next time i'm there, thanks :)

ChelseaBun
15th March, 2012, 09:35 PM
No appointment at docs for two week??

Phone first thing in the morning for a same day appointment, they have to keep 50% for same day apps.

Or go to the walk in centre, ours and others I've seen have a dental department for emergency and pain relief.

ill try phone again in the morning, lines always busy and by time i get through theyre all gone lol

will be better to have decent pain killers instead of using whisky lol

ChelseaBun
16th March, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just phoned the doctors for an appointment, only to be told that they don't see you for toothache. So I'm now to stay in pain because pain killers aren't working and I can't afford to go to the ~~~~ing dentist :(

cgscott
16th March, 2012, 09:36 AM
Just phoned the doctors for an appointment, only to be told that they don't see you for toothache. So I'm now to stay in pain because pain killers aren't working and I can't afford to go to the ~~~~ing dentist :(

Get a painkiller with coedine in it. That'll sort you out.

ChelseaBun
16th March, 2012, 09:47 AM
Get a painkiller with coedine in it. That'll sort you out.

can you get them from tesco?

gmb45
16th March, 2012, 09:51 AM
can you get them from tesco?

yep tescos chemists will sell then 8mg ones they also contain paracetmol 500mg, pity ya cant get any 30mg ones or tramadol ( prescription only both of them ) do ya know any one whos got either of these ? will get rid of pain for sure. ( dont think you can buy codene off the shelf )

ChelseaBun
16th March, 2012, 09:54 AM
yep tescos chemists will sell then 8mg ones they also contain paracetmol 500mg, pity ya cant get any 30mg ones or tramadol ( prescription only both of them ) do ya know any one whos got either of these ? will get rid of pain for sure. ( dont think you can buy codene off the shelf )

thanks, ill ask garry if he can pick me up some on his way home from work.

no, don't know anyone close by with the prescribed ones.

Canker_Canison
16th March, 2012, 03:19 PM
I have 30/500 co-codamol tablets. When I suffered late last year I used them with high dose ibuprofen, alternating every 2 hours.
Couldn't feel a ~~~~ing thing.. it was amazing.

But I did bugger my feet up bouncing around while as high as a kite.

Johnner
16th March, 2012, 05:11 PM
thanks, ill ask garry if he can pick me up some on his way home from work.

no, don't know anyone close by with the prescribed ones.

Give Salty a bell,he'll surely sort you out !!:roflmao:

Sent from my HTC,with Crapatalky !

ChelseaBun
16th March, 2012, 09:58 PM
Garry got me the 8mg co-codemol. took them on an empty stomach and they made me feel out of it slightly other than taking the pain away, but even that was short lived :( lol

maybe i should poke a very sharp object in one of my eyes for a bit, just shift the pain for a while lol

andy1967
16th March, 2012, 10:18 PM
I would'nt take tablets what have not been giving to yourself by a Dr, when just you and the baby dont take anything strong because they will make you very tired. Why not try your hospital for a student dentist, they are free and under supervision from a dentist, your local dentist will let you pay in installments or just tick the box not working. Hope your sorted very soon.

ChelseaBun
16th March, 2012, 10:26 PM
I would'nt take tablets what have not been giving to yourself by a Dr, when just you and the baby dont take anything strong because they will make you very tired. Why not try your hospital for a student dentist, they are free and under supervision from a dentist, your local dentist will let you pay in installments or just tick the box not working. Hope your sorted very soon.

nah the babys dad is off at the weekends, plus his nana has offered to take him tomorrow night. i didn't even gargle the whisky while i was in myself with the baby :)

to be honest, i don't think there is much the dentist can do, i'd just be paying them money for me to sit in their chair and have someone look in my mouth just to tell me i have my wisdom teeth coming through...which i already know lol plus all the pain killers they are allowed to give me are the paracetamol that i've been taking past few days that don't work at all :( feel like i'm hitting my head against a brick wall by telling the doctors the truth and them not wanting to know.

thanks i hope it passes soon too, least now i can sympathise more with the baby when he's teething :p

ChelseaBun
17th March, 2012, 11:33 AM
well woke up this morning to a tonsil infection too. once the baby gets picked up ill phone doctors on call, with any luck they'll just put me down lol

Lewiscc
17th March, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hi Chelsea, a dentist would either cut the gum to allow the teeth through ..... or remove them. your "infected tonsils" may actually be swollen glands caused by your teeth problems. i'm afraid the dentist is the only way to solve your problems .... even if they are robbing gits (b@st@rds) .
meantime warm salt water mouthwashes and aspirin will help ... a little.

ChelseaBun
17th March, 2012, 12:15 PM
ill give the on call doctors a phone and see what they say, i'm hoping for some antibiotics and pain killers :)

Lainie
17th March, 2012, 02:14 PM
how you doing chelsea? i take 30/500 paracetamol/dihydrocodine on prescription for fibromyalgia and back pain - strong stuff

ChelseaBun
17th March, 2012, 02:37 PM
think I've gotten used to the pain for now, just trying to hold on til the baby gets picked up so i can phone the hospital. the 8/ 500 cocodamol only work for about fifteen minutes then they're useless. just hope i find the hospital alright, i don't even know where it is lol

Lainie
17th March, 2012, 02:43 PM
what hosp chelsea is it glasgow dental hospital?

ChelseaBun
17th March, 2012, 02:51 PM
the closest hospital to me, i don't know what that would be yet, maybe stirling if there is one there?

i hope the doctor can give me something for my throat infection / swollen glands as well as the toothache while im there. my head is swaying from the pain lol