PDA

View Full Version : THOR satellite at 1?West

jon48
15th March, 2012, 11:11 AM
hello my motor on my sat will not move to THOR satellite at 1?West its 12 months old is it time for a new 1 or is it the tps or firmware on the box on my blade causing it not to move i can get anything east but not west any info on this please......

rigsby71
15th March, 2012, 01:14 PM
You may have unknowingly set a limit on your box so it does not move further west.

See if you can reset your motor settings with putting limits off.

Limits are good though beacuse they can stop the dish hitting the wall should you go too far & by putting an East & West limit at the last point before the wall it saves damaging anything.

Nutsandbolts
15th March, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hi. If your motor is only 12 months old very unusual to break down. What model is it?? Also are you using USALS or DISEQC (1.2)? If using USALS it should automatically move to any satellite. Try pressing the reset button on the motor if it has one. Also try to move it west manually using the remote or the buttons on the motor. Regards.

jon48
15th March, 2012, 10:42 PM
hi im using usals and when i move it west i get a red light on the motor

portbhoy
15th March, 2012, 11:03 PM
Use the receiver to drive it to "0" then reset the motor if that doesn't work look at setting limits on your motor there may be a hardware limiter thats shaken loose.

alom5
15th March, 2012, 11:56 PM
you could also check for any obstructions by the dish/motor....