PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Drivers Question

03ahmads
15th March, 2012, 09:40 PM
I have a quick question with regards to the vu+ duo drivers, I currently have the latest vix image installed with linux 3.1.1, also have the latest drivers which were released start of this month , if I flash my receiver back to vix 2.3 WITHOUT linux 3.1.1 will the drivers go back to the one's which originally came with the image or will they remain unchanged? Reason for wanting to revert back is mgcamd related issues, it simply doesn't get along with this new kernel, have recently had issues with the receiver freezing and restarting several times, very annoying. Have tried reflashing, mgcamd 1.35 & 1.38 and changing the 'B Line' to 06 but the issues still remain, has anyone also had the same problems with the latest image & mgcamd? Any feedback is appreciated.

digicon
17th March, 2012, 02:16 AM
I have Mgcamd 1.35a installed on My Duo (clone) with Blackhole 1.7.2 latest Kernel 3.1.1 and have never experienced the issues you mention in your post.

What ever Image you Flash back to the box will revert to the Drivers that are included in that image.

03ahmads
17th March, 2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks digicon, after reading through other forums I believe the freezing of the receiver may have been related to a usb flash drive I had inserted in the Vu. With regards to the mgcamd have you had to restart the cam quite often to get it to work as it stops working? I believe it has been mentioned this is due to the mgcamd not getting along with the latest kernel.

digicon
17th March, 2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks digicon, after reading through other forums I believe the freezing of the receiver may have been related to a usb flash drive I had inserted in the Vu. With regards to the mgcamd have you had to restart the cam quite often to get it to work as it stops working? I believe it has been mentioned this is due to the mgcamd not getting along with the latest kernel.

Again No i have never had to restart it either and i have it installed also on my Ultimo which gets the same sort of use my Duo gets, This can only be either A: Image Related or B: Receiver problem

03ahmads
17th March, 2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback, seen as you have the same image version installed this leads me to believe it is to do with configuration of the mgcamd.

digicon
17th March, 2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback, seen as you have the same image version installed this leads me to believe it is to do with configuration of the mgcamd.

Well we are running the same Kernel 3.1.1 but you are running Vix 2.3 and i am running Blackhole image 1.7.2, So 2 totally different images.

03ahmads
17th March, 2012, 01:13 PM
Apologies, I thought you were also running Vix 2.3, so it could well be image related or Cam related.

digicon
17th March, 2012, 01:18 PM
Apologies, I thought you were also running Vix 2.3, so it could well be image related or Cam related.

You can rule out Cam related as it works perfectly fine on both my Duo and Ultimo Running Blackhole 1.7.2 i would look elsewhere.

First thing to look at is did you do a clean install of Vix on your Duo, when ever i change image i always flash OEM images first then flash the image of choice to my receiver.

Also are you using the Official Vix Softcams within the image and not ones downloaded through TSPanel.

03ahmads
17th March, 2012, 05:08 PM
You can rule out Cam related as it works perfectly fine on both my Duo and Ultimo Running Blackhole 1.7.2 i would look elsewhere.

First thing to look at is did you do a clean install of Vix on your Duo, when ever i change image i always flash OEM images first then flash the image of choice to my receiver.

Also are you using the Official Vix Softcams within the image and not ones downloaded through TSPanel.

No I did not flash OEM image before flashing Vix Image, not seen this being mentioned as a necessary step in flashing new Vix images. Cams are not available through the Vix images themselves, they must be downloaded seperately but yes I have been using the official ones from a folder on an external site.

digicon
17th March, 2012, 06:06 PM
No I did not flash OEM image before flashing Vix Image, not seen this being mentioned as a necessary step in flashing new Vix images. Cams are not available through the Vix images themselves, they must be downloaded seperately but yes I have been using the official ones from a folder on an external site.

No you don't have to flash Flash Oem firmware first i only do this just in case of any residual effects from the previous image i had on there, Yes you can go straight to one image to another but i just like to so call flush my system clean before i load another image.

If your using the default Softcam for Vix then you need to direct your question over at the Vix support forum and see if they can help.

mdt
17th March, 2012, 10:08 PM
im using mgcamd 1.38 on my duo using BH 1.7.2 with the latest kernal and its flawless.. never used vix and dont think i will although it seems a popular image, as @digicon says make sure you have a vix compatable cam and install it into vix and not through tspanel regards mdt

03ahmads
19th March, 2012, 07:06 PM
Found the cause of the problem guys, it was the L line in mg_cfg. By default logging is not set to off. It was mentioned in another forum so thought I would give it a try. After having changed this to {00}, since Friday it has been working flawlessly. Not had to restart at all. :bounce:

mrmad1966
3rd April, 2012, 02:11 PM
May I ask:-
1. why "do not install cam through TS Panel" ?
2. For the latest BH 1.7.2 should I use mgcamd 1.35a or 1.38 ?

Thanks for reading

John