PDA

View Full Version : Opel Astra H / Vauxhall Astra MK5 / Holden Astra AH 2005

SDO
16th March, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hello friends
I worked on this car, programming all good, it had a 35080 inside, but when I put the cluster back in, there was pixel damage on the display.
The display is connected to the board with a ribbon, If I press on the ribbon and board contact point, the pixels come back 100%.

I tried heating up contacts, pressing on them with scotch tape, but it's not working, any idea how I can fix it ?

I can think of 2 things that caused it, while pulling apart, I might have pulled harder on the display, or when I clean the board with ipa, some moisture probably got in and did this.

Anyway any tips on how to fix will be greatly appreciated.

mastaflex
16th March, 2012, 08:03 AM
You made a mistake when disassemble dash. The ribbon is disconnected from pcb so for that you a need specific iron head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDO
16th March, 2012, 08:50 AM
You made a mistake when disassemble dash. The ribbon is disconnected from pcb so for that you a need specific iron head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could u please tell me, Where can I buy that soldering iron ?

mastaflex
16th March, 2012, 10:18 AM
it's called "Soldering Iron T Head " , do a search on some sites you will find what you need

SDO
16th March, 2012, 11:21 AM
The car starts without the cluster, so I should be able to swap the cluster without having to code it in.

mastaflex
16th March, 2012, 11:25 AM
you have to code it because you will have DTC relates to wrong code pin and VIN

SDO
16th March, 2012, 12:09 PM
What of i swap the EEPROM from original cluster ?

mastaflex
16th March, 2012, 12:36 PM
dashes have to be same versions to accept swapping.

read both dumps and see if have same structure

diagtech
16th March, 2012, 09:28 PM
Dont try new cluster in dash before swop you will lose pin code just swop eeprom then try

SDO
17th March, 2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks mastaflex and diagtech, problem fixed, swapped EEPROM in new cluster, all good. Thankyou