PDA

View Full Version : tomtom software on binatone sat nav

sprinter
17th January, 2009, 05:22 PM
could anyone tell me if its possable to install tom tom navergation software onto a binatone sat nav , and if so how.

Eleanor
17th August, 2009, 06:33 PM
Did any one respond ????

ddotpatel
7th September, 2009, 12:47 PM
I am just on my way out to buy a Binatone G350,... was looking for similar info,... and have come across this,... should be of use to you guys,...

fscked.co.uk/index.php/2009/01/installing-tomtom-on-the-binatone-x350-satnav/comment-page-1/

nevovx
7th September, 2009, 01:07 PM
You can install tomtom onto any unit as long as units are running on Windows CE , Process of installing is done by unlocking first which shows Windows CE desktop and then installing as usual. However if you havent bought the unit yet i recommend staying away from it as when the units battery finishes it reverts back to its original state. Loosing all the changes you made to use tomtom.

If you still want a tutorial on how to unlock it post your binatone model and i ll guide you.

SAFC_FTM
4th November, 2009, 11:15 PM
Google the pc tailor all guides and d/l's to enable tomtom on CE devices are there plus more.

Main thing to remember is to format SD card to FAT16 not FAT32 and also rename mobilenavigator.exe to MobileNavigator.exe

feddal86
6th November, 2009, 07:46 PM
You can install tomtom onto any unit as long as units are running on Windows CE , Process of installing is done by unlocking first which shows Windows CE desktop and then installing as usual. However if you havent bought the unit yet i recommend staying away from it as when the units battery finishes it reverts back to its original state. Loosing all the changes you made to use tomtom.

If you still want a tutorial on how to unlock it post your binatone model and i ll guide you.
hi do you know how to unlock and install the tomtom software on the d430 binatone gps? thanks

Zephlin
14th November, 2009, 11:26 AM
hi i have a binatone x350 2nd edition but i'm a bit of a novice when it comes to things like this if you can guide me it would be great :)

no1kirkyboy
26th November, 2009, 03:08 AM
regarding nevovx post

i have a g350 could you tell me how to put tom tom software n the maps on this i can get on to the built in memory on the satnav easy includding thank you :D:bird::hello:

xant14
26th November, 2009, 06:33 AM
regarding nevovx post

i have a g350 could you tell me how to put tom tom software n the maps on this i can get on to the built in memory on the satnav easy includding thank you :D:bird::hello:

Nevovx aint posted in a while kirkyboy, which is a shame, coz he had some valuable knowledge.
Good luck with the binatone.

McrRed
9th July, 2010, 04:01 PM
That address has changed to:

tl;dr Installing TomTom on the Binatone X350 satnav (http://old.fscked.co.uk/index.php/2009/01/installing-tomtom-on-the-binatone-x350-satnav/comment-page-1/)

There's links to versions of TomTom there as well (though I guess there'll be links on this site as well)...

McrRed
18th July, 2010, 09:33 AM
Still not got my version working on this pesky unit...the Binatone X350 does not autoinstall .cab packages which makes following instructions a nightmare.

Copying a version of explorer.exe from the PC to the SD Card allows you to access WinCE on the device though and tomtom can be installed from there.

TomTom loads but I'm still getting the dreaded No Maps Found message... :(