PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of Sat Receiver

nigela
16th March, 2012, 04:51 PM
Originally I have been looking at some of the receivers shown on these forums for my holiday home in Spain. All I wanted was a good quality HD receiver with the ability to record 1 channel at a time. I only need to watch free to air channels but would quite like to have a 7 day epg . Also it would be nice to be able to use my basic sky card - but this isn't overly important. I also sometimes have French guests over and it would be nice to have a few channels for them to watch. I have a large dish - but not motorised.

Could anyone give me any advice without the use of any technological terms as my knowledge of satellite systems is purely a basic sky and freesat system.

Manic01
16th March, 2012, 05:07 PM
A TM5402 is hd, has 7 day epg and reads a sky card.
It also has pvr.
Plays media files etc.

setfiretorain
16th March, 2012, 05:12 PM
Blade media 7000 HD, Great Box, Easy to setup, reads sky card ( as far as I'm aware! )

Regards

Manic01
16th March, 2012, 06:04 PM
Same receiver but no rf.
Different sw.

potrobber
17th March, 2012, 09:43 AM
both good boxs tm with rf out but no channal update thru menu which lets it down unless this has been added from the last one i had, also stupid place for the group/fav and epg button on controler

blade with online channal update which in my eyes wins for ease of use for the people that dont want to or not sure how to with usb sticks to put channal lists on, channals can be updated in 20 seconds and it has a better laid out menu screens

this is only my views on both boxs

Manic01
17th March, 2012, 11:08 AM
Not rocket science to use usb stick, but agreed an online list is good.

nigela
20th March, 2012, 11:42 AM
Thank you for your replies. Would anyone recommend a cheaper box eh openbox s11 is advertised at about ?60 - or is this not suitable.

Shady
20th March, 2012, 11:43 AM
openbox will do exactly what you want.

digicon
20th March, 2012, 11:46 AM
I would stay clear of the Openbox its tuner has a mind of its own sometimes with certain brands of LNB, if it for the Holiday home in spain then as Manic and Potrobber said either a TM5402 or a Blade 7000 made in the same factory and have identical tuner which is very sensitive and ideal for weaker transponders should you have any issues while your in spain.

nigela
20th March, 2012, 01:38 PM
Thank you - that makes sense - will look at reviews and I buy one of those two in the next few weeks.

andy91
20th March, 2012, 01:42 PM
Cant beat Dreambox 800hd for its support,must be the most common box out there.

Andy.