PDA

View Full Version : Homeplug minimum speed

mrblue
17th March, 2012, 12:01 PM
What is the minimum speed for homeplug when using a vu+ duo for hd channels. I set up a dm500s for a friend using homeplugs and it works great but cant even remember what speed they are..and Im sure they will need to be that little bit faster for hd...

Manic01
17th March, 2012, 12:19 PM
You can get cheap 200 ones now.

leon632
17th March, 2012, 12:29 PM
I don't think it makes any difference whether channels are SD or hd. It's just a code that goes through the homeplugs. The dish, lnb, cabling and receiver provide the hd picture.

smoggie
17th March, 2012, 12:31 PM
I use 85's and its fine with HD channels when using sat box. I think its only when you start streaming HD video content that a faster homeplug may be needed

nibblitz
17th March, 2012, 01:45 PM
As said above, the data traffic between client & card share server is miniscule so faster home plugs arent needed.. To give you an idea, even an old 56k analog modem would be fast enough.

ramjet
17th March, 2012, 02:28 PM
As said above, the data traffic between client & card share server is miniscule so faster home plugs arent needed.. To give you an idea, even an old 56k analog modem would be fast enough.

or an old 10 speed lan from the older 10/ 100 mbps lan system would be good enough , or an old 11 mbps wifi system too , never mind a 54 mbps wifi system

the ethernet connection is hardly used as far as data traffic for cs use and as mentioned in the last reply the data traffic is miniscule for this cs type of traffic

a typical homeplug will be 100 mbps but could be 54 mbps , or 200 or even 1000 mbps

long as it works , that is all that is required - ie:- for it to work , nothing else matters for cs

obviously its different if streaming data like video

bankjob
17th March, 2012, 11:34 PM
I know someone who couldn't stream hd on 500mb homeplugs, ended up with a cable

TheCoder
17th March, 2012, 11:59 PM
I know someone who couldn't stream hd on 500mb homeplugs, ended up with a cable

Streaming is somewhat different to cardshare. With streaming you transmit a full channel data, which is around 1-3Mbps for SD or 4-8Mbps for HD. For cardshare all thats transmitted is a request for the present channel unlock code and the corresponding reply. This code changes around every 8 seconds so the required bandwith should be around a maximum of 1k byte every 8 seconds (average of 1kbps or less)

btw, if you cant stream on 500Mbps homeplugs then there is something seriously wrong. Even 10Mbps should work adequately for this application. Most direct cable connections are, infact, only 100Mbps.

setfiretorain
18th March, 2012, 02:17 PM
I bought bog standard 85Mbps ones and they work a charm, Unless your trying to upload the FIB Database file, I think its pretty safe to say Mbps ones will do you.

Regards

Abzy
29th July, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hi there guys, i was wondering if anyone can give me advice.
I live in a block of flats running on a communal dish, i have no sky and i wanted to know if i can install a dreambox to get sky sports. However i want this installed in my bedroom and the routers in the living room but i do use homeplugs to get stronger connection.

If it is possible how would the setting up be like... Wires etc...

Appreciate ur advice

Shamonee
29th July, 2012, 07:44 AM
Try creating a new thread firstly instead of hi-jacking somebody elses.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk