PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Jeep Cherokee SRS Light problem. HELP!

dontzapit
17th March, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hi Guys, am having a strange problem with the Air Bag Light on the dash on this 2003 Cherokee. The light intermittently keeps coming on. It can be fine then you take it for a drive and its still fine so you turn it off and then restart the car again and the Airbag light goes out and then comes back on and stays on and wont go out. The Airbag light cant be reset through diagnostics at all and there are no Fault codes detected at all. Have tried another ecu and clock spring and still the same problem, they made no difference. I see that even if i unplug the airbag ecu the light still comes on so something else must be controlling this but i have no information on this car, can anyone help with what maybe the problem or can anyone share a diagram of how the airbag system and aribag light on dash is connected and works on this car? Sometimes if I disconnect the battery and reconnect again it will put the light out but not always. The light only seems to come on when starting the car, it doesnt come on when your driving. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

raddi
17th March, 2012, 03:48 PM
Scan with factory level scan tool and post dtc's

dontzapit
18th March, 2012, 09:30 AM
Scan with factory level scan tool and post dtc's

i have already done that as explained above and there are no fault codes

raddi
18th March, 2012, 05:05 PM
Why I say factory level is that I had similar problem on ?Dodge Caravan. I used OTC, no codes, but when I used DRB3, I got the real picture and all the faults. Sometimes aftermarket tools dont give u the right reading.
If light is on, there has to be some fault in the system...

dontzapit
19th March, 2012, 09:44 AM
interesting point, havent had this problem as i can recall but worth trying another scan tool or even better the factory tool (if i had it), thanks for advice

Why I say factory level is that I had similar problem on ?Dodge Caravan. I used OTC, no codes, but when I used DRB3, I got the real picture and all the faults. Sometimes aftermarket tools dont give u the right reading.
If light is on, there has to be some fault in the system...

SEIN706
23rd March, 2012, 02:35 AM
are any other lights coming on like abs . next time light is on check rcm fuse for power if no power could be ignition swith is bad

piciu82
24th March, 2012, 03:17 AM
sometimes there are codes in seat sensor not in airbag module, but i think 2003 is to old for that