PDA

View Full Version : getting a cars history checked?

Dreamer
17th January, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'm in the proccess of buying a second hand car.

It has a couple of bumps and I think it has had a respray as I can see what looks like a very good filler job under the paintwork on the wing. with no obvious touch up but what look like a "sanding mark" as if it has been filled. sanded, then a total respray.

I was wondering the best way to get the history of this car checked. I know you can get a check from the rac but wondered if anyone had any experience in this area?

:driver::driver:

shady77
17th January, 2009, 10:03 PM
sorry dreamy, dont know owt about that . do you know a mechanic? if not make friends with one and take him with you to view car. best way i find. its what i do!

Ratchet
18th January, 2009, 12:04 AM
You could try hpi check - HPI Check - HPI Used car history and vehicle data checks (http://www.hpicheck.com/newfrontend/) . Never used it myself, but seems good info.:driver:

Ratchet
18th January, 2009, 02:32 PM
To check if an area of metal has been filled - use a small magnet and see if it sticks to the area, if not then it's been filled :itsme: :driver:

Dreamer
18th January, 2009, 04:18 PM
I done a check using the rac website it coast ?10

the check came back fine, the low milage checks outok so not a clocked car, no insurance jobs, and only one owner. So all is looking good.

I got the dealer to give ma a years warranty with the car too!!

the car has a few bumps and I can get most of em fixed but tbh as soon as I seen it I just fell in love with it. I don't think it would have mattered what I found out about it. I'm a woman.... I like the colour and the shape of it lol

Ratchet
20th January, 2009, 07:20 PM
Wish you good luck with your new car. :driver: