PDA

View Full Version : bbc wont have any horse racing from 2013

footycard steve
19th March, 2012, 09:06 PM
i've just read that the bbc is to lose the few remaining horse racing meetings it shows to channel 4 which do a better job anyway from 2013 but its sad to see another sport lost from the bbc i remember when they covered racing every saturday as well as some of the big midweek meetings,having seen diving and cycle racing on the bbc recently you cant tell me these are bigger events than the grand national and royal ascot but they are going to concentrate on the posh public school boys of rugbys 6 nations and also formula1 for now, but how long before they lose the likes of the world cup and snooker etc?

zee24
19th March, 2012, 09:12 PM
BBC won't have any sports soon

lfc4life
19th March, 2012, 09:14 PM
~~~~ them maybe a reality check !!! instead of paying the big stars and big bosses there huge wages ! they might have a rethink and invest in sports again!

johnboy1974
19th March, 2012, 09:54 PM
I dont know why you say that channel 4 do a better job, in my humble opinion the bbc do an excellent job of all the sports they cover and their horseracing is much better quality than channels 4,s. An added bonus is that we dont have to put up with that cretin mcririck or the worlds greatest jockey(cheat more like) francome on the bbc either.

zee24
19th March, 2012, 10:28 PM
they'll lose wimbledon aswell mark my words the contract is coming to an end soon and just like NBC in America lost the rights after 43 years so will the BBC. It all comes downs to money, ESPN paid more in USA Sky will pay more ere.

footycard steve
19th March, 2012, 10:32 PM
I dont know why you say that channel 4 do a better job, in my humble opinion the bbc do an excellent job of all the sports they cover and their horseracing is much better quality than channels 4,s. An added bonus is that we dont have to put up with that cretin mcririck or the worlds greatest jockey(cheat more like) francome on the bbc either.
the reason i say they do a better job is thats my opinion just like you have yours and you definately wont have to put up with them or any racing pundits on the bbc!

johnboy1974
19th March, 2012, 10:41 PM
Well we do have standalone racing channels on sattelite tv and live streaming on the internet. Btw i think ch4,s cheltenham coverage is excellent apart from all the adverts.

Wolfpack
29th March, 2012, 02:33 AM
Its the same here in the USA. Except for the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup. any other races are shown on a cable. Its a sad thing but Horse racing is a dying sport as the older people dye off the younger age don't watch and ofcourse gamble on horses. Its a shame cause there is no better thing then to watch a Thoroughbred Race Horse. Remember ESPN 100 greatest athletes included at #20 the Great Secretariat.