PDA

View Full Version : Tune Fail Problem!

Midnight Rider
20th March, 2012, 10:32 AM
My ET5000 has recently developed a fault in that its lost loads of chanells that it previously had signals on.

I plugged in an Azbox Mini on Sunday and this managed to resolve the missing chanells so I suspect the ET has possibly developed a fault.

Now, this is not the 1st time that this has happened to a receiver using this communal multiswitch system that my apartment uses. I previously had a Spiderbox that went the same way and lost chanells.

I also use a Humax Abu Dhabi reciever that is also now behaving strangely in that it will only get a strong signal if used through the ET's loopthrough with the ET tuned to the ADMC Chanell and left in standby.

Previously it worked fine with the ET in deep standby. Now in deep standby it has a weak signal! Using the Humax alone it cant even get a signal on the ADMC Sports chanels but can get various other signals. Previously it was fine.

I beginning to suspect that possibly the system has sent out voltage spikes that has done the boxes tuners or power supplies in but I'm only guessing.

The communal system uses three dishes and a multiswitch to each apartment.

Can anyone shed any light on what may be going on here as its really frustrating to say the least.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to test the ET on another system untill I'm back in the UK next in May. I'm currently using the box in my aprtment in Morocco :proud:

Any thoughts would be much apreciated as its doing my nut in!

Edit; I've tried everything that I can think of on the S/W side of things.

cactikid
20th March, 2012, 11:59 PM
did you try the obvious? channels do move,look at kingofsats web page and check details first of non working channels and see if details are different,maybe a rescan is needed.

Midnight Rider
21st March, 2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks but I tried that, theAzbox used the same channel list and worked.

I can only think that either the power supply or the tuner of the ET5 has gone or that there is some problem with the LNB / Multiswitch that is effecting the ET5.

I suspect that whatever it is would eventually also affect the Azbox as well in time.

Very puzzling!