PDA

View Full Version : 2008 VW EOS

learing1
20th March, 2012, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I know the Dashboard is Micronas 24C32.

Are values stored in the CANBUS Gateway?
How about the gasoline engine ECU?

What is the best way to check or change the gateway or ECU values.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

ION CRISTI
20th March, 2012, 05:49 PM
try enigma or dp3

learing1
20th March, 2012, 06:35 PM
try enigma or dp3

I am not looking to purcahse hardware right now.

I am actually looking to see if this vehicle has been changed in the dashboard only.

DP3 & enigma lists the dashboard only.

Can anyone confirm if odometer is stored in the MED9.x or in the Canbusgateway? and the module location for the canbus gateway in the vehicle. I really don't want to open thes up not to find it.

IN the past I found the odometer value in the Canbusgateway and in the a8 service records before.

smartymarti
20th March, 2012, 07:23 PM
im curious as to how you know its a 24c32 and not a simple micronas

learing1
22nd March, 2012, 06:08 AM
im curious as to how you know its a 24c32 and not a simple micronas

Hi i guess it is possible it is a simple micronas.
Lots of programmers like DP3 list this as NEC+24C32
Either way accessing the dashboard is commonly avaiable my many many tools.

As you can see by how few comments are here and we know people reprogram lots of these vehicles on this forum that nobody is paying attention to other units.

For example i checked 3 prospecive Audi A8L's for my friend and 2/3 had modfied dash mileages and no mileage matching the service records and CAN gateway.

Curious if I can do the same with the EOS.

I am doing to scan it with VCDS i'll check all the values and see if i can find odometer values in other modules.

Maartinj
22nd March, 2012, 08:37 AM
Definatelly not in CAn Gateway. I replaced a lot of Can Gateways and no problem with millage.

Lidahus
22nd March, 2012, 11:35 AM
If you had replaced a gateway without problems this does not mean that millage is not stored in there. It just means that millage stored in gateway is not checked if it tells the truth. In post of learing1 he wrote that there are A8 on the road where millage of modified odometer and BCM does not match. Anyhow, the car system does not take care about. Maybe someone else does.

learing1
22nd March, 2012, 04:04 PM
If you had replaced a gateway without problems this does not mean that millage is not stored in there. It just means that millage stored in gateway is not checked if it tells the truth. In post of learing1 he wrote that there are A8 on the road where millage of modified odometer and BCM does not match. Anyhow, the car system does not take care about. Maybe someone else does.

Find out tday. ANd also scanning doesn't show you it.
Have to do measuring blocks if i recal.

Thanks