PDA

View Full Version : EUROVOX BLUE STUCK ON STANDBYE

JIMCEE
18th January, 2009, 10:03 AM
Hi, guy's new to all this so please excuse my ignorance here. I have a eurovox blue box stuck on standbye, i have tried to update with newest firmware but only getting the response as the following, waiting for the response from your receiver when i hit the start download button, any help in getting the box up and running again would be welcome. :shot:

billc16
18th January, 2009, 11:03 AM
inside box is a master reset button litle black one try that if not sorry can't help

JIMCEE
18th January, 2009, 11:48 AM
Opened box cant see a black button for reset describe it ? help plzzzz

JIMCEE
18th January, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hi, found the reset button, still stuck on standby- grrrrrrr

JIMCEE
18th January, 2009, 02:52 PM
Plzzz help guy's not got a clue here.

radionutter
18th January, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Jimcee, try unplugging box from mains before starting the firmware update. Plug in serial lead, start upload program, when says waiting for responce from your receiver, plug in mains lead.

If still no good try the following....

Lift lid off your box. Make sure mains cable is unplugged. Take a look at the PSU (Power Supply Unit) printed circuit board, ( small brown board on left of case as viewed from front ) Look for C14, (capacitor 14 ) it is 3cm towards the front of the PCB from the transformer with the yellow band around it. See if C14 is bulging on it's top. If so, consider buying a new one from Mapl*ns or similar. it's a 1000uf 6.3 volt electrolytic, high frequency/heat rated, cost less than ?1.00.
Best asking for a 1000uf ("uf" = microfarad) 16volt jobbie instead of the original 6.3v one.

Replace the original one on the board, make sure you get the orientation correct, they are polarity concious, negative is clearly marked with a black line going down the side of the can towards the lead outs..

Once installed, refit the four screws holding the PCB, don't forget the earth lead, replace the ribbon cable to the mani board and the power cable from the mains to the PSU PCB.

Switch on and try again. If you have access to a digital volt meter, check the voltages from the ribbon connector to the main PCB, the voltages are marked adjacent to the leads on both PCB's. If still stuck in standby, try the reset button again, if no joy, may need Jtag.

JIMCEE
18th January, 2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply Radio, i will try it tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

JIMCEE
19th January, 2009, 10:53 AM
hi guys, going to maplins today to buy a 1000uf ("uf" = microfarad) 16volt . i have never used a JTAG on any boxe's is it a diff 1 for each box ? and any help with the instructions on how to do it would be a great help.

camelv
19th January, 2009, 01:50 PM
these links should help m8

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Firmware (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-firmware-28/)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/guides/29/jtag-how-guide-397/

JIMCEE
19th January, 2009, 02:00 PM
Thank you to everyone who replied bought the c14 fuse for 50p at maplins and replaced the old 1. the box is now going great. cheer's

martin55
19th January, 2009, 09:13 PM
please help got a code up on saturday 663,knocked everything out! have managed to get channels back on but all writing is scrambled can anyone help

davylawlor
19th January, 2009, 09:16 PM
hi,having the same problem too,wanted to watch the liverpool v everton game,no joy,gonna try that firmware update and see if anything happens,hi to everybody too,like the site a lot!! cheers

camelv
20th January, 2009, 09:17 AM
please help got a code up on saturday 663,knocked everything out! have managed to get channels back on but all writing is scrambled can anyone help
need to know a bit more m8 i.e what box have you got.