PDA

View Full Version : How many channels on 6887 N*L Dublin

hamokhamok
18th January, 2009, 01:20 PM
Have had to Install again using 6887 N*L in Dublin.

Previously had 142 TV stations. Now only getting 130.

Anyone with information on this.

Have a second Eurovox1000SL and I'm still getting 142 on it.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

HiTeck
18th January, 2009, 01:39 PM
Upload the CDF from the good box and download it back to the box that isn't picking up enough channels, Or just try another factory default and deep scan.

hamokhamok
18th January, 2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Hi-Teck will try another mode for starters.

For the record i scanned three times on this one and got 130 everytime.

I even scanned the other one to check and got the 142.

Thanks for your help.

HiTeck
18th January, 2009, 04:02 PM
You could try as said above with the CDF/Deep scan etc OR put the box in the exact same place as the other when scanning, I presume you are scanning them from different rooms, the further the receiver is away from where the cable feed enters your house will cause the signal to drop also so will splitters on your cable feed.

hamokhamok
18th January, 2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks again for that.
This 'bad' box did have the 142 channels on it.
I tried flashing (at the time the new one came out Dec 2008) and failed (well I f...ed it up I suspect).
I returned the box to the supplier and the results are as stated.

Yes I'm in two different rooms.
No splitter as such involved. Signals come direct from same box as the other one i.e. outside the house. Yes it is a little distance away - maybe 12 to 14 feet further away from the same feed.

Options in the order of convenience for me.
(I've the 'good' box in such a position that its difficult to get it removed for the purposes of doing something with it - if the worst comes to the worst I could bring the PC to it rather that dismantle it from its present position).

Option 1 which I'll do now is FACTORY Default and DEEP SCAN.

Option 2 is swap boxes around and see the result.

Option 3 Upload CDF file from one to the other.

Another quick question if I may ---- If i'm to connet any of the boxes to my PC (null modem style) I assume I should NOT have any scarts or other cables attached at that time ??

Thanks for all your help.

HiTeck
18th January, 2009, 04:34 PM
Yes correct just connect the power cord and null modem cable only.

hamokhamok
18th January, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks re the cables.

Option 1 - Factory default (6887) ahd Deep Scan has been completed.
Still 130 channels. Also had to change the codes to finalise some of the channels. Channels not in alphbetical order (not a problem but just different than before).

It think its Option 2 next.

This could take a little while because it means pulling cables and equipment out of the way etc.

Maybe I'll try a sort of sub-option - go back to supplier and see if he has any explanation - I'm wondering if he did anything to it while in his temporary possession that might be causing these problems. Its easier to move this box around than the 'good' one.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again.

cactikid
18th January, 2009, 08:10 PM
yep same happened me with other makes due to signal loss when used to get 142 now 130

hamokhamok
18th January, 2009, 08:33 PM
Interesting.

Did you resolve it and if so how ???

Regards

HiTeck
18th January, 2009, 08:37 PM
Did you try option 2 and 3 as per your above post? as you said one of your boxes are working fine.

hamokhamok
18th January, 2009, 08:44 PM
Not yet

My Sub-Option is my next move.

Will telephone him tomorrow for his advice.

Interesting to see others have the same problem.

Both cables coming from the N*L supply leaves the same box outside the house at the same position. The cable length to both is about the same. I wouldn't think there is anymore than 12 feet in the difference.

As I said before this box did give me the 142 before it failed to be flashed by me.

Would signal loss occur under those circumstances ??

Might also ask colleagues at work who have similar equipment.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks for your continued interest.