PDA

View Full Version : problem with my wii on 4.3e

stueyb
23rd March, 2012, 03:17 PM
Please help. i have softmodded my wii on 4.3e using indiana jones original adventures but i still cant play copyied discs on it, the screen keeps going black, i can play original games still, i have followed various tutorials and still nothin, is there a channel i need to install to play them, im currently trying to use neogamma 8 and this isnt any good , also the bootup in hbc isnt doing anything either,,, gggrrrrr. any ideas,

jimbojimjay
23rd March, 2012, 03:35 PM
you need a external hdd to play games the newer wii don't let you play backup disc

stueyb
23rd March, 2012, 03:40 PM
i do have an older wii but it is updated to 4.3e... i used to be able to play backup discs until the update but not now.... so does the new softmod only play via external harddrive them ?.. thanks for your time.

jewish
23rd March, 2012, 03:42 PM
i would like to know this too please.

jimbojimjay
23rd March, 2012, 04:07 PM
i do have an older wii but it is updated to 4.3e... i used to be able to play backup discs until the update but not now.... so does the new softmod only play via external harddrive them ?.. thanks for your time.

how old is the wii did you update then soft mod it

jewish
23rd March, 2012, 04:23 PM
my wii is new and came with 4.3e on it.

jimbojimjay
23rd March, 2012, 04:34 PM
my wii is new and came with 4.3e on it.

you will need to softmod using modmii as your wii will only play backups from a external hdd

jewish
23rd March, 2012, 04:39 PM
thank you for quick reply.

so modmii will do it all?
do i then just put the iso as is on to the externall drive?

jimbojimjay
23rd March, 2012, 04:42 PM
thank you for quick reply.

so modmii will do it all?
do i then just put the iso as is on to the externall drive?

down load modmii answer the questions it asks and you will be able to do it all, its a very good program and now with letter bomb included you don't need a game disc to do a 4.3 wii

jewish
23rd March, 2012, 04:51 PM
Thank you very much. Will try it this weekend.

ck-ok
23rd March, 2012, 04:59 PM

sounds like you dont have neogamma on your sd card
try this Digital Kaos - Downloads - Neogamma R9beta56 with forwarder and mmm (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/neogamma-r9beta56-forwarder-mmm-2013/)

i am assuming you fully modded the wii not just installed the homebrew channel?

Keithuk
23rd March, 2012, 06:46 PM
sounds like you dont have neogamma on your sd card

I'm not sure CK as he says

im currently trying to use neogamma 8 and this isnt any good ,

He can have the Neogamma channel if he wants that but he says Neogamma doesn't work.

He also says he's on 4.3 but we don't know what it was before he softmodded. He should type in the Wii serial number into Wii Drive Chip Database (http://www.wiidrives.com/list)

jewish
23rd March, 2012, 07:52 PM
you will need to softmod using modmii as your wii will only play backups from a external hdd

Just found out the Wii is actually a 2006 model.
I bought it 2nd hand but its the first one i`ve ever bought.
The firmware shows 4.3e in the settings.

So what softmod do i need to install to play back up discs?

Thanks.

jimbojimjay
23rd March, 2012, 08:30 PM
Just found out the Wii is actually a 2006 model.
I bought it 2nd hand but its the first one i`ve ever bought.
The firmware shows 4.3e in the settings.

So what softmod do i need to install to play back up discs?

Thanks.

still use modmii and if its an old model you will be able to play backup disc but i would set it up for hdd works a lot better and saves on discs

Keithuk
23rd March, 2012, 10:15 PM
Yes 2006 Wii's should be able to play burnt discs but as Jimbo says your better of installing the wads needed to use the USB Players and get a powered external hard drive to add the games onto its going to be cheaper in the long run.