PDA

View Full Version : Sport Relief

xant14
23rd March, 2012, 09:51 PM
Just seen Gary linaker looking forlorn and sad about the 50 Bangladeshi's who die from drowning every day. Nasty yes.. but why should we give a ~~~~?
Sport relief wants us to give a fiver so we can teach them to swim.
Why can't they get the ones that can swim, to teach the ones that can't swim... for ~~~~ all.
Gary Lineker and David Walliams walking in the slums with their Mother Teresa act do my swede in... ~~~~ off back to your 5 star hotel.

gazz10
23rd March, 2012, 09:57 PM
Just seen Gary linaker looking forlorn and sad about the 50 Bangladeshi's who die from drowning every day. Nasty yes.. but why should we give a ~~~~?
Sport relief wants us to give a fiver so we can teach them to swim.
Why can't they get the ones that can swim, to teach the ones that can't swim... for ~~~~ all.
Gary Lineker and David Walliams walking in the slums with their Mother Teresa act do my swede in... ~~~~ off back to your 5 star hotel.

My Thoughts exactly, why raise money for all these third world countries.

Its same 3-4 a year. donate ?2.00 a month and abdul and his friends can get fresh drinking water for a month.

Our economy is bad enough as it is.

Is it me being tight or are others feling same why donate to these places.

Charity begins at home...

Sort our own place out then we can, look after these places..

But am sure abdul n his pals will be over in uk wen of age and will be robbing us dry again...

RANT OVER

Bulld0g
23rd March, 2012, 09:59 PM
My Thoughts exactly, why raise money for all these third world countries.

Its same 3-4 a year. donate ?2.00 a month and abdul and his friends can get fresh drinking water for a month.

Our economy is bad enough as it is.

Is it me being tight or are others feling same why donate to these places.

Charity begins at home...

Sort our own place out then we can, look after these places..

But am sure abdul n his pals will be over in uk wen of age and will be robbing us dry again...

RANT OVER

:boring: microbore piping anyone :roflmao:

johnboy1974
23rd March, 2012, 10:00 PM
Well said, in these tough times my money is staying firmly in my pocket. For ~~~~ sake I can hardly afford to put fuel in my car but they want me to pay for some foreign geezers to learn to swim.

chalky 4
24th March, 2012, 07:49 AM
Just a portion of his match of the day taxi fare bill would cover this. Are we sure they are not training to be floating mines !!:guns:

jcgrumbles
24th March, 2012, 10:50 AM
Im really sorry for the african starving,i would love to help out but ive just used all my spare cash to buy a donkey a new hod...

super jumbe
24th March, 2012, 11:11 AM
We got our own problem and likely not going to get solved at present time, I start begging for cash before the pay day and for that reason I am OUT!!!!!!!!!

:giveup: :bounce: :giveup:

Snowy79
24th March, 2012, 11:25 AM
For those complaining about giving them swimming lessons. You obviously know fnuck all about crocodile fishing :p

lagerland
24th March, 2012, 02:23 PM
Since Comic Relief stsrted in 1985 it has raised over ? (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/wiki/Pound_sterling)750 million in total .what have they done with it FFS every year its the same. Still no wells still no drinking water still no anti malaria drugs still no drains.Last night they said it was 40 pound to get house connected to a drain thers a fcuking lot of 40 quids in ?750 million.......

Maybe some contraception wouldnt go a miss..................

toolmansteve
24th March, 2012, 04:31 PM
If Pakistan and India ( and other countries like Korea ) stopped investing so much money, time and resources in Nuclear Weapons, then, at a pinch they can feed house and clothe most, if not all, of their poor and needy population and also organise vast scale contraception, to stop kids being born into an enviroment where there is not enough food to feed them. All these poor countries seem to suffer from corruption and the desire to make war with their neighbours which a ll cost money, diverted from the needy.-- rant over ----

johnboy1974
25th March, 2012, 08:28 PM
If Pakistan and India ( and other countries like Korea ) stopped investing so much money, time and resources in Nuclear Weapons, then, at a pinch they can feed house and clothe most, if not all, of their poor and needy population and also organise vast scale contraception, to stop kids being born into an enviroment where there is not enough food to feed them. All these poor countries seem to suffer from corruption and the desire to make war with their neighbours which a ll cost money, diverted from the needy.-- rant over ----

I suppose we could say the same here in the uk

melloned
27th March, 2012, 12:36 AM
:giveup: I've had cold callers on my doorstep, this week, trying to get me to part with ?3 a month to save a child. She was quite polite, but firm...so was i !. she couldn't confirm where all the money went, after i mentioned, that it appears a lot goes to arm militant groups and buy prestige cars for thier presidents.
These cold callers don't do it for nothing, nor do thier bosses, some of them earn in a year, what takes me 10. Somethings wrong! , or dare i say it corrupt! :hmmmm2:

xant14
28th March, 2012, 06:27 AM
She was quite polite, but firm...so was i !.

Fit bird then melloned? I usually get a stiffy too at the Jahova's witnesses that knock on my door.

melloned
2nd April, 2012, 07:54 PM
:fisheye: Didn't realise you were in to the old Jehova's Mate , the bird with the kid for three quid was a bit tasty, but not the old Jehova's, all tweed jackets and herringbone skirts, and that's just the blokes ! :p