PDA

View Full Version : opening a sky+ HD box for record mode only

steve3123
23rd March, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi all, i have a sly+ HD box (amstrad) and a pvr3 pace, now all i want to do is to activate the record option only, want to give it to my mum, as she hates freeview and cant work the freesat pvr i bought her. We do have a white card, but thats totally dead. only gives FTV channels. I have contacted Sly about this but they want ?14 a month just for the record feature, and that has to be a 12 month contract... ive googled the net for firmware that would allow free record on either of these boxes and no go. ***I am not interested in opening channels ***

Unfortunatly i dont have my pace 3100 anymore as that died a horrible smokey death about three years ago.
Surely there is some way of doing it with these boxes?

all info gratefully needed

flyingpig
23rd March, 2012, 10:43 PM
No way unfortunately.... well none that is known..!!

the man
24th March, 2012, 01:58 AM
Hi all, i have a sly+ HD box (amstrad) and a pvr3 pace, now all i want to do is to activate the record option only, want to give it to my mum, as she hates freeview and cant work the freesat pvr i bought her. We do have a white card, but thats totally dead. only gives FTV channels. I have contacted Sly about this but they want ?14 a month just for the record feature, and that has to be a 12 month contract... ive googled the net for firmware that would allow free record on either of these boxes and no go. ***I am not interested in opening channels ***

Unfortunatly i dont have my pace 3100 anymore as that died a horrible smokey death about three years ago.
Surely there is some way of doing it with these boxes?

all info gratefully needed

what could you had done with the pace 3100?

steve3123
24th March, 2012, 09:22 AM
what could you had done with the pace 3100?

The pace 3100 could be JTAG'd and another version of firmware could be downloaded on to it, so enable free record, and allow up to 100 favourite channels, in any order you chose. That software is happily all over the net. Unfortunatly for me, the software wont even look at another box except the 3100... I dont have the programming knowledge to even lift the firmware from a box, let alone engineer it, for me to do what i want it too!
:giveup: