PDA

View Full Version : Which apps spy on us??

andy262
24th March, 2012, 05:14 AM
Been reading in the news recently about apps which collect information ie, pictures, texts, contact details but they would'nt list them?

A friend asked me to install kik messenger until I read through its terms and conditions basically saying it will take all my contact details, pictures, messages and any other info it pleases if I accept installing and using the app which I declined. I've also heard angry birds free version collects info and my girlfriend just got a new phone on android, she accepted facebook uses her contacts list not thinking about it and now she keeps getting status updates off people she wasn't even friends due to it using all her contacts syncing it with facebook.

I've nothing to hide but I do respect privacy and don't appreciate companies profiting using underhand tactics swiping my information and I'm sure they have made billions gleaning marketing information from us making the rich richer by getting us to install cheap or free apps.

Once these corporations know everything about us what will happen then?

This is just something I had on my mind and was wondering if anyone else thought similar?

happy_highlander
24th March, 2012, 10:21 AM
Been reading in the news recently about apps which collect information ie, pictures, texts, contact details but they would'nt list them?

A friend asked me to install kik messenger until I read through its terms and conditions basically saying it will take all my contact details, pictures, messages and any other info it pleases if I accept installing and using the app which I declined. I've also heard angry birds free version collects info and my girlfriend just got a new phone on android, she accepted facebook uses her contacts list not thinking about it and now she keeps getting status updates off people she wasn't even friends due to it using all her contacts syncing it with facebook.

I've nothing to hide but I do respect privacy and don't appreciate companies profiting using underhand tactics swiping my information and I'm sure they have made billions gleaning marketing information from us making the rich richer by getting us to install cheap or free apps.

Once these corporations know everything about us what will happen then?

This is just something I had on my mind and was wondering if anyone else thought similar?

Another tip about allowing facebook to sync your contacts is that in your facebook profile on pc all your phone contacts will be listed with there phone numbers. Just a warning........