PDA

View Full Version : Problems with HTC Desire S screen

NaNaNiii
24th March, 2012, 01:56 PM
For the about 2 weeks now, the touch screen on my desire s is playing up. Some letters on the keyboard don't work, for example, when I press the S button A comes up, M button, N comes up. I have to turn phone around to landscape to use them. Even in landscape mode, some letters that worked in portrait mode don't work in landscape. I have to constantly turn the phone around multiple times just to type a message!
Also, when surfing on the web, scrolling down just succeeds in zooming in or out!
I've got the pattern lock screen and its takes a goood few goes to unlock, the lines go all over the place by themselves!

There's no apparent damage to the screen bar a few light scratches

Canker_Canison
24th March, 2012, 02:31 PM
If you can back up your data, I would first try updating the software. But this only works in about 10% of digitizer issues.

It's more probable that the digitizer is buggered or water got to the connector.

Both the LCD & digitizer connectors are on the right hand side of the phone (as you look at the screen). If any water got through just below the half way point it could of furred up the connector. This could be cleaned off, if it is water damaged, but I would return under warranty first.

But, this is also a known issue with some htc phones. So if it's still covered by warranty... return it for repair.

Replacing the digitizer/lcd yourself is possible. But it's anywhere from ?50 to ?100 for a replacement unit. This (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-HTC-Desire-S-G12-LCD-Digitizer-Lens-Glass-Touch-Screen-Tested-Grade-C-/180828766516?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a1a3c0134) is the cheapest I could find.

NaNaNiii
27th March, 2012, 08:46 PM
Ah right thanks, looks like ill have to go to HTC :(

VXDOCTOR
1st April, 2012, 10:12 AM
:dito:

i had same issues with my htc sensation xe

turned out it was only while charging from a china ebay usb mains adapter , and if i was holding phone in one hand , my tablet touch pad stopped responding to my other hand

:hmmmm2:

kiranrauniyar
25th February, 2013, 05:15 PM
exactly same problem with my desire s. Anything you did to solve this?

Thanks.