PDA

View Full Version : wii is it a dud

ray156
24th March, 2012, 10:08 PM
hello,i sorted my 2 kids wii with modmii v6,one wii is fine the other wii will crash in cfg when click on game,screen goes black,both wii's done same way,the wii not working had to use lb in wii message board first as 4.3,which i reduced from 4.3 to 4.2,but did not work,so did again and reduced from 4.2 to 4.1 still a no go,tried both usb drives in working wii,and both work,so not bad backups,even when i try to download covers on non working wii it crashes and resets wii,i dont know what is wrong,but non loading wii when put a dvd in it goes in about a cm at a time.think may have bought a dud,both bought from a second hand goods shop,well known cc,reason for doing this on usb loading is my kids lazy and just put games on floor instead of back in box,costing me a fortune replacing scratched games,thanks if anyone can help.ray.
sysCheck v2.1.0b17 by Double_A and R2-D2199...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).
Region: PAL
System Menu 4.1E (v450)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 103692068
Boot2 v4
Found 92 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 2012/03/19

happy_highlander
24th March, 2012, 10:31 PM
Does it play original game discs, if so it's not ~~~~ed you have just got a corrupt file transfer while softmodding the fact that it's kicking you back to wii menu generally means the .dol file for the loader is not being recognised by the forwarder try launching cfg direct from the homebrew channel instead of the forwarder, if it's not visible in hbc then the file path is wrong which is why the .dol file is not being found

ray156
24th March, 2012, 11:07 PM
Does it play original game discs, if so it's not ~~~~ed you have just got a corrupt file transfer while softmodding the fact that it's kicking you back to wii menu generally means the .dol file for the loader is not being recognised by the forwarder try launching cfg direct from the homebrew channel instead of the forwarder, if it's not visible in hbc then the file path is wrong which is why the .dol file is not being found

yes your the man,thanks for reply so fast,ok it play's original ok,went into homebrew,mmm,app manager,then load from usbloader_cfg.and it loaded game,so should i try another modmii ie older version,thankyou very much for help.

happy_highlander
25th March, 2012, 12:19 AM
yes your the man,thanks for reply so fast,ok it play's original ok,went into homebrew,mmm,app manager,then load from usbloader_cfg.and it loaded game,so should i try another modmii ie older version,thankyou very much for help.

no mate just uninstall the forwarder channel for cfg then reinstall it . Is there a reason you are using cfg as it's not the best loader why don't you install this wad pack Digital Kaos - Downloads - d2x v8 Final wad pack (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/d2x-v8-final-wad-pack-2048/) and then copy the gx folder from the apps folder and the UNEO forwarder from the wads folder out of this pack Digital Kaos - Downloads - USBLoader GX 2.3 all in one package ios249 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/usbloader-gx-2-3-all-one-package-ios249-1847/) into the apps folder and wads folder on your sd card and give it a try it is by far the best usb loader and I don't know why it isn't part of modmii as the d2x cios have been developed along side gx for near perfect game compatability.

Edit almost forgot you need to reload to ios 236 before installing any of these files

ray156
25th March, 2012, 12:35 AM
no mate just uninstall the forwarder channel for cfg then reinstall it . Is there a reason you are using cfg as it's not the best loader why don't you install this wad pack Digital Kaos - Downloads - d2x v8 Final wad pack (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/d2x-v8-final-wad-pack-2048/) and then copy the gx folder from the apps folder and the UNEO forwarder from the wads folder out of this pack Digital Kaos - Downloads - USBLoader GX 2.3 all in one package ios249 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/usbloader-gx-2-3-all-one-package-ios249-1847/) into the apps folder and wads folder on your sd card and give it a try it is by far the best usb loader and I don't know why it isn't part of modmii as the d2x cios have been developed along side gx for near perfect game compatability.

Edit almost forgot you need to reload to ios 236 before installing any of these files

only used cfg as it came in package with modmii,i just used the tut.as not got a clue about wii,took me 2 hours to do wii,as never missed a word on tut.thanks ray,
will have a look at all the info you gave me and see if i can follow it.

Keithuk
25th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
only used cfg as it came in package with modmii,i

Yes I've said this before ModMii only downloads CFG USB Loader and WiiFlow I don't know why it misses USB Loader GX which is the best.

You can download USB Loader GX (http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads) All in one package IOS249 along with the Forwarder.

happy_highlander
25th March, 2012, 01:17 AM
only used cfg as it came in package with modmii,i just used the tut.as not got a clue about wii,took me 2 hours to do wii,as never missed a word on tut.thanks ray,
will have a look at all the info you gave me and see if i can follow it.

i can see you didn't miss a word from your syscheck all followed to the letter you have just been the victim of a file corrupting during transfer it's a common occurence and the best way to reduce it is to extract any files directly onto the hdd or sd card you will be using them from....Did you format your hdd to the recommended fat32 ????

ray156
25th March, 2012, 08:13 AM
i can see you didn't miss a word from your syscheck all followed to the letter you have just been the victim of a file corrupting during transfer it's a common occurence and the best way to reduce it is to extract any files directly onto the hdd or sd card you will be using them from....Did you format your hdd to the recommended fat32 ????

i originally formatted to fat32,but wbfs manager wanted it done to wbfs drive,both drives work in other wii 3.5 hdd 200gb and 2.5 hdd 320gb.the other wii was at original 3.4 which was updated to 4.1 if any help to you.weird when load cfg in working wii and list of games come up no music,but when i load non working wii it play's some sort of music but sounds out of sync if you understand what i mean,plus non working wi have to leave a game in it,as drive makes a clicking noise all the time,but when first put game in it takes ages to go in,ie about a cm at a time,after that its ok,i bought both wii's from that cash converters was going to tak dodgy wii back,but its only 1st disc that does it,so left it as be.thankyou for time,do a bit more reading before attempt your fix.or my disaster.lol.

happy_highlander
25th March, 2012, 08:29 AM
You may have trouble with the 2.5"hdd as I presume it is usb powered and they are pretty unreliable, mains powered are much better as is formatting to fat 32 as it is more compatible with all file types. Just use wiibackup manager instead of wbfs manager to load the games. You will find version 4.0 in the downloads section and make sure you plug the hdd into the usb port nearest the edge of the wii.

ray156
25th March, 2012, 09:26 AM
You may have trouble with the 2.5"hdd as I presume it is usb powered and they are pretty unreliable, mains powered are much better as is formatting to fat 32 as it is more compatible with all file types. Just use wiibackup manager instead of wbfs manager to load the games. You will find version 4.0 in the downloads section and make sure you plug the hdd into the usb port nearest the edge of the wii.

just extracted your files into my sd card the wad pack said files already there would you like to overwrite so i did,re hacked wi from start to finish only took 5 mins.and loading now,from usb channel,only one slight problem,if game in it detects it and gives choice instal mount drive.i pressed cancel kept coming back up pressed cancel got a crash something dsi black screen white writing,other than that,all ok,great help from you.saved my bacon.i will save that copy to sd file,just in case.thanks again.now to plan next job.which not wanting to do,got all the kit cost me 60 quid,but lay on table for 2 weeks,as it means soldering qsb's onto a motherboard.all i can say is whats getting fried today,not bacon,thanks again man.cheersif you lived in falkirk would buy you a pint,

happy_highlander
25th March, 2012, 12:53 PM
just extracted your files into my sd card the wad pack said files already there would you like to overwrite so i did,re hacked wi from start to finish only took 5 mins.and loading now,from usb channel,only one slight problem,if game in it detects it and gives choice instal mount drive.i pressed cancel kept coming back up pressed cancel got a crash something dsi black screen white writing,other than that,all ok,great help from you.saved my bacon.i will save that copy to sd file,just in case.thanks again.now to plan next job.which not wanting to do,got all the kit cost me 60 quid,but lay on table for 2 weeks,as it means soldering qsb's onto a motherboard.all i can say is whats getting fried today,not bacon,thanks again man.cheersif you lived in falkirk would buy you a pint,

Your welcome mate if you have any more problems just ask

ray156
17th April, 2012, 09:28 AM
anyone want a kid who is into the backside of everything.and i mean everything.was going to use the A..E word but might be kids in site.my god cant leave nothing alone.even my syringe full of heatsink paste,whats that he asked?.before i said anything pressed plunger grease all over couch.anyway.back to main problem.wii was done,he decided to take out the sd card from wii,and put it in his camera,bang bang bang formatted it.as the wii is done,can i put usb loader on hard drive so wii can run without sd card.and how,thanks in advance.you know what i got hit with- you cant give me a row,i am just a kid.jeez.

randallflagg
17th April, 2012, 11:59 AM
as the wii is done,can i put usb loader on hard drive so wii can run without sd card.and how,thanks in advance.you know what i got hit with- you cant give me a row,i am just a kid.jeez.

you can run everything from your USB that you had running from your SD card (possibly not BootMii, I think - I could never get it to work from USB). Just set up your folders on the HD as you had them on the SD card -
USB:\Apps\ GX loader, etc.

Go for GX loader - runs like a dream and has easy to set up Parental controls !!

happy_highlander
17th April, 2012, 07:05 PM
Remember your apps will only work from an hdd formatted to fat32 not wbfs

ray156
17th April, 2012, 07:08 PM
you can run everything from your USB that you had running from your SD card (possibly not BootMii, I think - I could never get it to work from USB). Just set up your folders on the HD as you had them on the SD card -
USB:\Apps\ GX loader, etc.

Go for GX loader - runs like a dream and has easy to set up Parental controls !!
tried loading gx loader 3 times,would not work,then pc would not pick up on hdd,had to format it,had 147gb of stuff on it as well,so went for full mod with modmii6,it was hard work,after 7 restarts of modmii,when it did start downloading it took 3 hours to get 60 wads etc,so (got to this part pc crashed white screen diagonal blue lines weird)so just did full instal of softmod again,so its now working with cfg,without sd,leave as is till get problem.now need check pc,never had a problem like that before.had enough of wii for day.thanks.ray.now got to fish out his games and do them again,another day.lol.