PDA

View Full Version : vu duo clone

johndoeboy
25th March, 2012, 08:47 PM
hi im thinking of buying a vu duo clone for ?160 from dreambox.me.uk but in my search for this box i found this message on the vu website... what does this mean for the clone boxes will they be made useless??? thanks for your help

Caution! Vu+ Clone
Dear partners and Customers,
Vu+, unarguably the leading supplier of Linux based set top box, works relentlessly to make sure the utmost quality that you expect us to achieve. This has been the integral part of the whole operations in developing and manufacturing.
However, we recently learned that a clone of Vu+ SOLO could now be traded through illegal transaction routes from China. In responding to this grave situation, we assure you that we will take all possible legal measures to ensure that such pirated copies of Vu+ products be not traded freely. Furthermore, we have already begun a technical process via which to upgrade the algorithm of system security implemented in all Vu+ products soon.
When this upgrade is put into place, no pirated copies of Vu+ products will work. While we sincerely ask for your unilateral support in dealing with this serious matter, let us state the following aspects so that you can inform those who might be interested in Vu+ clones.

cactikid
25th March, 2012, 08:59 PM
hard to say but the clones have their support for now,we dont know the future,

portbhoy
25th March, 2012, 09:07 PM
Theres plenty of images available now that work I can't see that being different in the future. Dream multimedias been trying for years to block patches and they've failed I have a feeling VU will fail aswell. P.s it's ?55 delivery on that from there try aspley all in just under ?200

dziugi
25th March, 2012, 10:27 PM
clone is only clone....
Buy original and get propper support

benny/9
26th March, 2012, 10:09 AM
clone is only clone....
Buy original and get propper support
i have always bought original dreamboxes
since the early nineties, i then this year got
a clone vu+duo and found the build and quality
first class plus there is lots of support. unlike
clone dreamboxes the vu uses genuine images.
but think. why there are so many people buying and
using clones. easy because the originals are over priced
and let me also add this clone duo makes my original
dreambox look second rate

tosh2004
26th March, 2012, 10:23 AM
we should put this way if we saving money to wacthing channels why should we PAY over ?300 for just the boxes no matter its originals or clones. what do you think guys ?

benny/9
26th March, 2012, 01:34 PM
we should put this way if we saving money to wacthing channels why should we PAY over ?300 for just the boxes no matter its originals or clones. what do you think guys ?
it's buyer beware mate we all like a bargain
and if you can buy a clone thats as good as a original
then it's a good buy,if not it's money down the drain
but it's been said many times if original models were
better priced then i dont think anyone would go for a clone
now some original models are ?500 plus for me i wont pay that
for any make or model,

potrobber
26th March, 2012, 05:58 PM
m8 also look at it this way full sly sub around 900 per year

clone duo 190 good sub 60 to 100 max for year so even if the clone lasts one year its working out at 25 pounds a month max

sly 75 per month so 500 saving in the first year so you cant loose and if it lasts 2 years your quids in so have no fear in a clone you cant loose

lombard
26th March, 2012, 06:08 PM
I have genuine dm800se and clone dm800se and i can tell you there is no quailty difference or preformance , and with money saved , if it lasted a year and went dead you still quids in lol, had mine 6 months no issues

tosh2004
26th March, 2012, 06:11 PM
How do you check bootloader?
mine come pre loaded BH1.7.0

lincsat
26th March, 2012, 06:19 PM
In that case it already has the latest bootloader. According to the patch instructions, if there is a V2 sticker on the box, it's already had the Feb RS232 SIM update.

tosh2004
26th March, 2012, 07:02 PM
In that case it already has the latest bootloader. According to the patch instructions, if there is a V2 sticker on the box, it's already had the Feb RS232 SIM update.

so I can update any image?

portbhoy
26th March, 2012, 10:41 PM
Yes mate you can but to be safe I would stick to the download site they recommend, I got an email from a*sat today with all sorts of doom and gloom predicted in new images for clone boxes that will fry the chips.

I didn't even know darkman owned a chippy :secruity:

tosh2004
27th March, 2012, 09:28 AM
what is the diffrence in BH 1.7.0 vs 1.7.2 ?
shall I just update to 1.7.2?
thanks for help.

lincsat
27th March, 2012, 02:08 PM
You can put any of the current images on the box, there may be counter-measures in the future. Al*at sell original boxes, so no doubt they are motivated to dissuade anyone from buying clones.

cactikid
27th March, 2012, 08:01 PM
another way to look at it just leave the image on box without upgrading it,then there should be no problems as most people may just want a good working box.

tosh2004
27th March, 2012, 08:02 PM
I think if image is giving you what you want then no need to update