PDA

View Full Version : Analyze 2.0 TFSI tuning file

Beaviz
26th March, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi guys

I recently bought a new car which contained this file. The car is a Skoda Octavia RS 2.0 TFSI with Bosch ME9.1.

Can you please help me analyze the file and tell me if it looks good?

Can it be categorized as a stage x file?

Is it made for a modified HPFP?

Thanks!

Beaviz
1st April, 2012, 07:36 PM
Anybody with ME9.1 knowledge? :)

AyceeDeeCee
1st April, 2012, 08:12 PM
It's average. Spark Advance is very highlight and all or nothing over standard. Limiters are I suspect a 2D drag in OLS, speed limiter is still active. RPM limiter is still 7000rpm. No obvious signature.

Beaviz
8th June, 2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks!

I logged a couple of runs the other day with VCDS.

Boost looks fine as it is still a small K03.

Is it "normal" that the rail pressure goes to 125bar on the original HPFP?

If I calculate the max measured MAF value 184g/s to BHP by dividing with 0,8 it gives me a max BHP of 230 which does sound a little small to me? The car has a complete turbo back Milltek exhaust with downpipe and sportscat.

As pointed out by AyceeDeeCee is this because the ignition maps looks untouched?

J_amb_o
8th June, 2012, 11:07 AM
Ignition maps won't effect your airflow reading. Normal fuel pressure is 110bar max.

J_amb_o
8th June, 2012, 11:22 AM
Just had a quick look, rail pressure has been increased

Beaviz
8th June, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks for looking into this!

Is it "normal" to increase the rail pressure even if the car does not have a modified HPFP?

J_amb_o
8th June, 2012, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't personally for an off the shelf tune.

Beaviz
12th June, 2012, 08:21 AM
I think it is just an "off the shelf tune". A guy at ECUconnections mentioned that it looked like a drag and drop in WinOLS.

The car drives just fine, but I am just trying to find out if it is possible to get another map that is improved.

I guess it is as the car should be ready for a "stage 2" tune. Wouldn't that give at least a 200g/s MAF reading?

obnchip
13th June, 2012, 07:28 AM
Hi!

Map identify's for this ecu?

J_amb_o
13th June, 2012, 08:45 AM
The MAF reading is a function of boost at that particular RPM.

What boost are you seeing at your peak MAF reading?

Your reading isn't particularly low, there probably is room for improvement but it would need to be a custom tune.

Beaviz
14th June, 2012, 07:56 AM
The log is already in this thread. ;) But the boost at the highest MAF reading at 184g/s is ~0,7Bar / 10PSI.

I am considering an upgraded HPFP so might just get another remap.

Beaviz
25th June, 2012, 08:47 PM
I have been told that the file could look like a Revo file? Do they have some kind of indicators in their files that could confirm this?

RaraK
26th June, 2012, 05:06 PM
I have been told that the file could look like a Revo file? Do they have some kind of indicators in their files that could confirm this?

i did not look at it, but revo adds extra code for their SPS stuff i believe, so that would be something to look for in the file.

wiseman
26th June, 2012, 05:12 PM
What tool did you use to read the file?

Beaviz
26th June, 2012, 07:20 PM
Read it with an MPPS clone.

wiseman
26th June, 2012, 11:10 PM
was the VIN displayed when you id the ECU?

Beaviz
27th June, 2012, 07:52 AM
As far as I remember it did not display the VIN. I can confirm this tonight. Does that mean anything?

Beaviz
27th June, 2012, 08:21 PM
Can confirm that no VIN is displayed in the ID of the ECU.

It only writes Bosch SW, Bosch HW, VW SW and System Type Number.

donovan2123
17th July, 2012, 09:06 AM
Any update on quality of file and if it is indeed revo stage 1

Alpinesport
17th July, 2012, 01:49 PM
It is a classic copy paste whit no relation to the map and how it works a lot of boost and fuel off at full very nice.....:hmpf:

kymkym
17th July, 2012, 02:33 PM
hi everyone

filecloud
17th July, 2012, 02:41 PM
Any update on quality of file and if it is indeed revo stage 1

This is NOT a Revo file.
I have seen lots of them. But even revo is not THAT stupid to additive increase integer correction maps for tans and knock to achieve more power.
Erase that file and go to a good tuner. It is useless to discuss that file from unknown origin up and down!
greetings,
filecloud

Beaviz
18th July, 2012, 08:10 AM
This is NOT a Revo file.
I have seen lots of them. But even revo is not THAT stupid to additive increase integer correction maps for tans and knock to achieve more power.
Erase that file and go to a good tuner. It is useless to discuss that file from unknown origin up and down!
greetings,
filecloud

I actually bought the car with this file. Would you consider it "dangerous"? Should I flash the car with an original until I get a new file from a good tuner?

Or would it be okay to set the knock control back as in the original?

Beaviz
18th July, 2012, 08:27 AM
It is a classic copy paste whit no relation to the map and how it works a lot of boost and fuel off at full very nice.....:hmpf:

"fuel off at full" - so you are saying that fuel is decreased at full load? As far as I can tell from the VCDS logs the car runs A/F ratio at 12,6-12,9 with WOT. Is that considered too lean?

Overtune
19th July, 2012, 12:41 AM
This is NOT a Revo file.
greetings,
filecloud

I don't beleive you have seen many revo files...and their knock sensor voltage thresholds...Come on...

Overtune
19th July, 2012, 12:45 AM
I actually bought the car with this file. Would you consider it "dangerous"? Should I flash the car with an original until I get a new file from a good tuner?

Or would it be okay to set the knock control back as in the original?

This file is dangerous in a case of using low RON fuel. You can get more boost out of your setup and this file does not let you get full boost from your k03 espesially at low revs(overboost phase) Timing maps need recalibration also. Contact me for any info or help

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 10:36 AM
How did you log car? I you shop should log again and save file as excel document and then upload. This will be much clearer

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 10:37 AM
Overtune remember this car has no supporting mods so to much boost could cause timing pull due to heat.

Beaviz
19th July, 2012, 03:24 PM
This file is dangerous in a case of using low RON fuel. You can get more boost out of your setup and this file does not let you get full boost from your k03 espesially at low revs(overboost phase) Timing maps need recalibration also. Contact me for any info or help

I always use Shell V-power, so I hope that this will not be a problem until I get a new map or get this one "fixed".

I think that I might just go for a complete new map from a pro tuner? Wouldn't that be wiser than correcting this one? I suppose that your info and help is not for free? ;)

Beaviz
19th July, 2012, 03:29 PM
How did you log car? I you shop should log again and save file as excel document and then upload. This will be much clearer

Just logged it with VCDS. It automatically generates a CSV-file. Since this forum does not support that file type I renamed it to TXT.

Overtune remember this car has no supporting mods so to much boost could cause timing pull due to heat.

The car has a complete Milltek exhaust and a BSH CAI (CAI added recently).

I made another log recently after adding the CAI. Can upload that one as en XLS file tonight.

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 05:16 PM
Download winrar and pack csv file in to winrar then you can upload it.

Beaviz
19th July, 2012, 07:21 PM
Latest log. :)

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 07:51 PM
Did you do log with the turbo button on as by doing this it Increases sample rate and records more data. Using ross tech bhp calculation max intake air mass devide by 0.8.

In your case 197g/s devided by 0.8 = 246BHP which is prety good on a standard car.

You could have more boost in the mid range however doing this wlll probably cause top end to hold back slightly due to boost.

Theres no timing pull which is excellent so maybe you could ask for more timing.

And i wouldnt worry about fuel pressure as standard pump is meeting requested.

You sure your car has no mods i.e. sports exhaust or pump internals ect....

Beaviz
19th July, 2012, 08:07 PM
Did you do log with the turbo button on as by doing this it Increases sample rate and records more data. Using ross tech bhp calculation max intake air mass devide by 0.8.

In your case 197g/s devided by 0.8 = 246BHP which is prety good on a standard car.

You could have more boost in the mid range however doing this wlll probably cause top end to hold back slightly due to boost.

Theres no timing pull which is excellent so maybe you could ask for more timing.

And i wouldnt worry about fuel pressure as standard pump is meeting requested.

You sure your car has no mods i.e. sports exhaust or pump internals ect....

The turbo button was activated when logging.

Thanks for looking at the log! :)

I am sure that the car HAS a complete Milltek exhaust (actually wrote it twice in this thread) and a BSH CAI. It also has the newest rev. DV and the BSH PCV fix. I do not know about the pump internals. But it does not have an APR sticker on it. ;)

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 08:33 PM
The tips will say miltek on? or take a picture of the cat under car and ths will give us an idea. If the pump is apr it will say it on the pump. there should be a serial on it. Or again take a piture of any markings on it.

I am starting to think that you should be stage 2+ in which case that map is not good. As you should be running around 129Bar fuel and around 2450mbar boost Mid range. Just out of interest where are you located in the world? Im guessing uk? But where? Im in oxfordshire.

J_amb_o
19th July, 2012, 08:46 PM
No timing pull because of the giddy knock calibration.

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 08:49 PM
this is very true.

Beaviz
19th July, 2012, 09:14 PM
The tips will say miltek on? or take a picture of the cat under car and ths will give us an idea. If the pump is apr it will say it on the pump. there should be a serial on it. Or again take a piture of any markings on it.

I am starting to think that you should be stage 2+ in which case that map is not good. As you should be running around 129Bar fuel and around 2450mbar boost Mid range. Just out of interest where are you located in the world? Im guessing uk? But where? Im in oxfordshire.

It has a 3" Milltek downpipe with cat and a resonated catback - no doubts about that part at least! ;)

The pump does not have any markings except the "Hitachi" one. ;) But the internals could have been changed without me being able to see from the outside.

I am located in Denmark. So the amount of tuners is limited. I might just write them all an email to find out who made the map. He might also know if it has a modified HPFP.

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 09:18 PM
Why not look at log book and contact previous owner. If you take pump off you can tell by the piston shape if it'd standard or hpfp. Either way with your mods your car should be producing around 260-280bhp. Your best bet is get a new map from a UK tuner. They can send you a powergate s. Few choices PDT, SHARK PERFORMANCE, DNA, OR EVEN APR

Beaviz
19th July, 2012, 09:35 PM
Why not look at log book and contact previous owner. If you take pump off you can tell by the piston shape if it'd standard or hpfp. Either way with your mods your car should be producing around 260-280bhp. Your best bet is get a new map from a UK tuner. They can send you a powergate s. Few choices PDT, SHARK PERFORMANCE, DNA, OR EVEN APR

I just wrote to the previous owner this evening. Fingers crossed that he will answer!

I already have a tested MPPS clone that both reads and writes fine so do not even need any hardware. Just need a new file. :)

I am also trying to learn something here - think this is quite interesting actually! :D

donovan2123
19th July, 2012, 10:07 PM
Out of interest which mpps clone you got? I just ordered the mpps clone 3.0.2.37

Beaviz
20th July, 2012, 06:01 AM
I have both v5 and v12. Obviously using the v12 now. :)

Used the v5 to read the file at first but did not have the balls to attempt a write (could read that there was some checksum problems with v5 and MED9.1). V12 seems to work just perfect.