PDA

View Full Version : I just can't Flash :-(

callas
18th January, 2009, 07:18 PM
Okay, I've got the latest firmware (30.11.08) read the guide on how to flash the krypview, done everything it says i.e linked up box and laptop, plugged boc to main supplies and I cant go any further! On the guide is says to open the icon that looks like a satellite dish, but I cant even see this icon!

Any one got any suggestions? even downloaded the downlaod tool from this site and nothing is happening :-(:hmmmm:

Devilfish
18th January, 2009, 07:23 PM
Download loader from here...

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Arnet Kryptview Loader (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/arnet-kryptview-loader-426/)

Run loader, click download, select firmware from your PC, make sure it's set to com1, click start, then turn on box. It should start to flash.

If not, are you sure your cable is a null modem cable? Do you have a com port on the laptop or are you using a usb-serial adapter?

bugaloo41
18th January, 2009, 07:23 PM
make sure you have the correct cable.

Open up the software loader - click on option "tool" and go to "loader" and click on "loader send". The loader now opens up.

Click on "open" and scroll to where you saved the bin file on your pc. Now rig up the pc and box with your null modem. Make sure the box is off at the mains.

Now click on "start" and quickly turn the box on at the wall. Your box will start to flash.

callas
18th January, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cheers Guys, but when I open the loader and locate my firmware it says it cant find a bin file within my folder?

callas
18th January, 2009, 07:47 PM
It says no items match your search?

wilf
18th January, 2009, 08:25 PM
This is what i do and works everytime
:: disconnect box from mains and cable (so all you have is box and a plug)
:: connect usb to laptop then to 9 pin to box (null cable)
:: plug box in and turn on you (should have 4 numbers on display)
:: Find the down-loader on desktop you downloaded (it looks like a grey satalite dish) and double click with mouse
:: Press on the green download button
:: another box appears (code send)
:: press open
:: locate the latest kryptview file in this case 29/11/08 (should be on desktop)
:: click on it once so is highlighted
:: press open
:: this info is now in the box that says file
:: select the comport number
:: turn box off at wall
:: press start
:: switch box back on
:: if correct comport selected you should now see download going up in percentage (on laptop)
:: green line should be going round and round (on box display)
:: if not try another comport and try again (one will work! Honest)
:: when it gets to 100% look on box front the green line should now be going round really fast (flashing)
:: dont disconnect cables until box switches itself off and on again (reboots)
Congratulations you have flashed your kryptview
:: connect back up to scart and cable
:: press menu
:: installation (automatic)
:: select correct cable provider for your area
:: press start
:: when finished go to sly sports channel and wait for it to unlock itself (job done!)
Enjoy your viewing

whitepony999
18th January, 2009, 08:27 PM
need recovery menu for 3.40

callas
18th January, 2009, 08:45 PM
Cheers Wilf, but i'm still havin trouble loading the firmware to the loader, it just keeps saying "no items match your search" Think i'll delete the firmware an download it again

wilf
18th January, 2009, 08:48 PM
yea the 1 i got is 29/11/08 and works fine

bugaloo41
18th January, 2009, 09:25 PM
callas the file you download is in a rar file. you must unrar (extract) the file first. google winrar and download that it will allow you to extract the bin.

callas
19th January, 2009, 07:33 PM
Big thankyou to all u guys! I'll try again tomoz cos just got no time now, with the Derby bein on.

Again people thanks for the advice :-)

callas
21st January, 2009, 09:44 PM
Guys wat does download not requested mean?

bugaloo41
21st January, 2009, 09:56 PM
Guys wat does download not requested mean?

sounds like you are trying to flash with the box turned on (it needs to be off; hit download then turn on) or you have a faulty cable. most likely the first scenario.

DW190
25th January, 2009, 10:06 PM
sounds like you are trying to flash with the box turned on (it needs to be off; hit download then turn on) or you have a faulty cable. most likely the first scenario.

Or a bad or non functioning null cable. Are you using a USB to serial adaptor??

emma
27th January, 2009, 01:22 AM
i cant flash either
have tried everything mentioned in this post
but no joy
still getting download not requested and behind that it says REQ2 read error
any help?

wilf
27th January, 2009, 12:37 PM
Are you using desktop(9pin to 9pin null cable required) or lap top(usb to 9 pin cable required) also check where you got firmware from if in doubt delete it and download the 30/11/08 from here it works fine, you will need to get winrar if it not already on puter to extract the files. if download not requested it usually means you haven't turned box off prior to pressing the download or start button you then turn box on and it will be requested by the box when it boots up

emma
27th January, 2009, 05:18 PM
yeh its a 9pin to 9pin cable
tried changing the firmware but still get the same message
the box is being turned off and on quickly enough as there is two of us trying to do this
bit frustrated because don't know what else it could be
have tried it on 2 different p.cs as well both running xp

emma
27th January, 2009, 05:33 PM
am now getting UART initilization failed
any ideas what that means?

edit: ok only get that message if i try a different com number from 1

wilf
27th January, 2009, 06:00 PM
you dont need to alter com port when using 9 pin to 9 pin. if you connect box up to tv can you only get the fta channels? can you find out what it says in system info?

emma
28th January, 2009, 03:43 PM
system info
date; 04/04/08
software version; kryptview pv1.6.00
h/w version; v1.2.0

picking up free channels no problem
and some virmin channels but all those say waiting for code update

wooper
28th January, 2009, 05:30 PM
Try going to sky sports 1.

see if that helps

wilf
28th January, 2009, 07:15 PM
ok was just checking there is nothing wrong with box, if you can get to fta channels and syatem info, it can only be that you are not doing something quite with flash, try this! connect up cables and loader with firmware and do not switchbox on at all till you have pressed the start button. yes it needs to be updated to 29 /11/08 firmware, after it done it will say in system info 26/09/08 odd i know but its just an update that been added to an old firmware.

bigto1000
3rd February, 2009, 01:05 PM
i have 260908 on my box after it had been falshed but i was still missing channels. sky sports 1, 3 sky 1, 2 , 3 and virgin i have scanned of a direct feed as well. any1 help

wilf
3rd February, 2009, 04:45 PM
did you put on sly sports 1 to update as this gives out the strongest signal so when it unlocks, it unlocks all the others. If i have any un opened channels i put on standby when not in use and the kryptview scans for channels when sleeping so they are normally there next time i switch on....... Bigto1000 i have just read another post where it says that you have the 28/11/08 software on, if this the case there were channels missing on this software so it will need updating to 29/11/08 to get those channels back, which was bought out to counteract that problem.

bigto1000
3rd February, 2009, 09:25 PM
wilf wat do u mean when u say put sly sports1 on to unlock, i havent done that, so is that possiblely the reason to y i havent got that channel. how would i unlock the sky sports channel coz when i av scanned i dont even get eventhing showin sky sports. i no i sound a pain just i am so lost

DW190
3rd February, 2009, 10:41 PM
wilf wat do u mean when u say put sly sports1 on to unlock, i havent done that, so is that possiblely the reason to y i havent got that channel. how would i unlock the sky sports channel coz when i av scanned i dont even get eventhing showin sky sports. i no i sound a pain just i am so lost

Try a factory reset and rescan on a different location.