PDA

View Full Version : congratulations

monty5
26th March, 2012, 09:14 PM
i would just like to congratulate rangers on yesterdays game they played well considering the problems they have. it was hard to watch being a celtic supporter but they wanted it more...

mattybhoy
26th March, 2012, 11:18 PM
Very, very big of you pal. I think they did want it more, though it must help playing against 9 men eh? I reckon that's the first time since we played them in Dec that they have shown any sort of fight or pride.

A word on us. I think to claw it back to 3-2 when you are playing against two more men shows some effort. The Bhoys could have thrown the towel and got a hammering, but plenty of pride shown.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 11:43 AM
Very, very big of you pal. I think they did want it more, though it must help playing against 9 men eh? I reckon that's the first time since we played them in Dec that they have shown any sort of fight or pride.

A word on us. I think to claw it back to 3-2 when you are playing against two more men shows some effort. The Bhoys could have thrown the towel and got a hammering, but plenty of pride shown.
I agree, although admittedly they started the game better than us. Having said that neither Celtic player should've walked and their second goal was offside. Then there was Lenny being denied the right to do his job. The officials were a disgrace as where the Rangers security staff as they could'nt guarantee our managers safety, what a red neck that is for Rangers football club.

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 12:32 PM
kdc you mean what a red neck for celtics security it was them who said Lennon would not be safe in the directors box not rangers. The rangers security were fine with it.
Get your facts right mate.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 12:41 PM
Rangers security staff could'nt guarantee his safety...
Celtic boss Neil Lennon: Security told me I couldn***8217;t watch from Ibrox stand - that sums up this country - The Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/03/26/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-security-told-me-i-couldn-t-watch-from-ibrox-stand-that-sums-up-this-country-86908-23801741/)

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 01:32 PM
rangers security told Celtic lennon was welcome to sit in the directors box Celtic told Lennon they could not guarantee his safety and removed him to a side room. Whether or not rangers could have guaranteed his safety we will never know as they did not get the chance.For me a man who is as hated as Lennon is and has recieved death threats I think he would need a ring of steel around him to guarantee his safety at any football ground. let's be honest about that.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 01:43 PM
kdc you mean what a red neck for celtics security it was them who said Lennon would not be safe in the directors box not rangers. The rangers security were fine with it.
Get your facts right mate.
The fact our managers safety could'nt be guaranteed no matter who took the decision is down to the reaction of the Rangers fans towards Lenny. The fact they could'nt be trusted is indeed a red neck and has nothing to do with Celtic football Club or its staff.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 01:47 PM
For me a man who is as hated as Lennon is and has recieved death threats I think he would need a ring of steel around him to guarantee his safety at any football ground. let's be honest about that.
This in itself is the most sad and embarrassing thing about the whole affair.

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 02:00 PM
Lennon has been attacked in grounds and street outside of rangers and ibrox the officials nor security at ibrox are not to blame Celtic took the decision now just get over it.

barrowmanandrew
27th March, 2012, 02:06 PM
celtic security advised Lennon not to sit in directors box.
the wrong decision imho, but i suppose he has to take the advice of his own staff.

i dont see what rangers staff or fans have done here, afaik he was advised he could sit in the directors box by rangers security, they didn't see a problem with it.

the reason he couldnt do his job is because he was sent off....who's fault is that?

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 02:19 PM
barrowman you are wasting your time it's never ever ever ever Celtic or lennons fault.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 02:21 PM
Lennon has been attacked in grounds and street outside of rangers and ibrox the officials nor security at ibrox are not to blame Celtic took the decision now just get over it.
Yes he has and we all know the reasons behind the attacks. i've said before on other threads no man deserves what he's had to endure in his football career whether he's liked or not. The fact a decision on his safety had to be taken was ultimately down to the previous assaults and attempts on his life, a sad and embarrassing endictment on a certain section of Scottish society.

barrowmanandrew
27th March, 2012, 02:34 PM
Yes he has and we all know the reasons behind the attacks.

i dont ever remember a single manager being attacked in the directors box or the touchline at ibrox, so i dont see what would have made the situation unusually risky on Sunday.

i think the celtic security team where perhaps a little over-cautious.

allycoops
27th March, 2012, 02:46 PM
To the OP thank you for your congratulations , Yes we were the better team.

To the other celtic supporter KDC

The fact our managers safety could'nt be guaranteed no matter who took the decision is down to the reaction of the Rangers fans towards Lenny. The fact they could'nt be trusted is indeed a red neck and has nothing to do with Celtic football Club or its staff.

Or was it because of Lennon attitude towards Rangers and their supporters Now before anyone states

its because he's a successful Irish RC so it is,
Did Martin O'Neil have these problems? No!! maybe because MO wasn't a sewer rat like TLB. Imo Celtic didn't want him sitting in there going on like the idiot he is and causing any more embarrassment for your club than he already has done

Now can anyone please explain this.

Rangers issued a statement saying "They offered him a seat in the directors box"

Yes?

Celtic issue a statement saying "That it was them that said do not sit in the directors box and not Rangers security"

Yes?

Lennon is QUOTED by keevens and someone else in the record as Saying it was Rangers who said it and they stopped him doing his job properly

Yes?

Record quote
NEIL LENNON last night hit out after Ibrox security chiefs told him he couldn't watch from the stand and declared That sums up this country.

lennon quote from the record
Lennon said:I would've sat in the stand but I was told by Rangers security people that wasn't a good idea

Celtic statement

Celtic FC have moved to clarify the circumstances surrounding Neil Lennon's dismissal to the stands during Sunday's Old Firm derby defeat.

The Hoops boss watched the second half of the match at Ibrox in the media room after being told he couldn't return to the touchline by referee Callum Murray.

Lennon said he was advised against viewing the game from the directors boss, a move which he claimed left him feeling unable to do his job.

In a statement released on Monday, the Parkhead club said that it was their own security personnel who advised Lennon.

It read:
"Further to certain media reports today, for clarification, Neil was advised by Celtic's own security and operations staff not to enter the stand or directors box area at Ibrox at yesterday's match.

RFC statement
"Neil Lennon was offered a seat in the Directors Box ... this offer was declined by Celtic's security staff.

So who is telling the truth?

Rangers and Celtic or Lennon?

Now please don't all jump on me at once and try to bully me with opinions, be reasonable and think before you post.

By the way he looks pretty relaxed and safe in a previous visit to our directors box along with alan thompson.

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/image/I0000fVcRfK1Twa4

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/img/pixel.gif

apologies with the copy and paste quotes and the numbers must be something wrong with the site , not my doing

shamusbhoy
27th March, 2012, 03:20 PM
Going by all the quotes it looks like a combination of all of them,the media playing games with both sets of fans to sell newspapers.If it's big news it's big bucks for them so lets throw in a bit of controversy that should get them going.Only my opinion reading between the lines by the way.

KDC
27th March, 2012, 03:25 PM
Lenny is respected and loved by our fans and is certainly not an embarrassment to our club, thats a fallacy that belongs in your mind and fellow Lennon haters only.

You call him TLB (the lurgan bigot) A contradiction in terms, no? The kinda sh!te that belongs on follow fuhrer.

Hmmm,,Seem to remember MON getting a butchers apron planted in his garden whilst manager. Also being labled a bigot from Rangers fans because he led Lenny to the fans at Ibrox after taking all kinds of abuse from the Ibrox crowd. Again a contradiction in terms.

Maybe there is conflicting reports regarding why he could'nt take up a seat in the Ibrox directors box but what isn't in doubt is the reason why it wasn't thought safe for him to do so. Due to previous incidents the fans could'nt be trusted to behave themselves. Whether you hate him or not for whatever reason, and you clearly do! The bottom line is he doesn't deserve to be attacked or threatened in the name of football.

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 03:32 PM
kdc yes Lennon has embarrassed the club- He openly called rangers supporters cheating b,s and then spat on a rangers scarf during an old firm match, causing the club huge embarrassment.

barrowmanandrew
27th March, 2012, 03:37 PM
Maybe there is conflicting reports regarding why he could'nt take up a seat in the Ibrox directors box but what isn't in doubt is the reason why it wasn't thought safe for him to do so. Due to previous incidents the fans could'nt be trusted to behave themselves. Whether you hate him or not for whatever reason, and you clearly do! The bottom line is he doesn't deserve to be attacked or threatened in the name of football.

it's not even clear WHO thought it dangerous for Lennon to accept rangers offer of a seat in the directors box, let alone the reasons behind it.

obvously its not right for him to be attacked or threatened...

KDC
27th March, 2012, 03:47 PM
kdc yes Lennon has embarrassed the club- He openly called rangers supporters cheating b,s and then spat on a rangers scarf during an old firm match, causing the club huge embarrassment.
The same match aforementioned in my previous post when MON and Lenny were subjected to horrendous and embarrassing levels of sectarian abuse from the Ibrox crowd.

Many players have reacted and disrespected celtic fc and the Celtic crowd during derby games, Souness, McCoist and Iain Ferguson to name but three. Goram's racist outburst at PVH. Terry Butcher nearly ripped the door off the Celtic Park dressing room door on live tv after a defeat. These are just some of the most obvious ones. None were abused or life threatened in return! No excuses for that level of abuse.

allycoops
27th March, 2012, 03:51 PM

Celtic player Neil Lennon - The Lurgan Bigot - YouTube

DOB, not just cheats, to me that's bigoted.

As to conflicting reports re who said what and where he could sit.

No Neil Lennon lied imo and that has been proved by your club and my clubs statement.Now If that isn't embarrassing for your club I don't know what is. Your Club saying one thing and your manger saying another

Futher more he states that he did not swear, he did not shout , he did not point his finger at match officials and that he has witnesses unfortuately witnesses need to be creditable, So that rules out thompson and Unfortunately re witnesses, so do the officials have witnesses that say different and also I hope that the CCTV will be released by Rangers to back up the officials.

Bulld0g
27th March, 2012, 03:53 PM
Congratulations thread changes into the same thing the same people harp on about on every Celtic Rangers thread. Closed and losing patience.