PDA

View Full Version : Vu plus External hard drive, not seen

westy1uk
26th March, 2012, 10:26 PM
I have a usb 3. 300gb external hard drive FAT32.

My Vu plus duo box doeas no recognise the hard drive.

Any ideas on how to get it up and running.

The box is new and not been patched yet.
:giveup:

03ahmads
28th March, 2012, 03:40 AM
Depends on the image your using, if it's Vix, it should recognise it straight away, I have a 1tb Samsung portable usb 3.0 hardrive which is recognised as soon as it's plugged in.

potrobber
28th March, 2012, 11:01 PM
m8 when you say its not patched yet do you mean its a clone? which in that case it would have been very simple to put in your title vu duo clone which seems to be a problem with some people not saying at the start of there thread which box they have

now to your problem what have you done to set your hard drive up in settings on your duo

some info might help us

when you try to initialize it what happens?

dragon2000gh
28th September, 2012, 05:21 PM
m8 when you say its not patched yet do you mean its a clone? which in that case it would have been very simple to put in your title vu duo clone which seems to be a problem with some people not saying at the start of there thread which box they have

now to your problem what have you done to set your hard drive up in settings on your duo

some info might help us

when you try to initialize it what happens?

My one is also not working. It is recognized when I get to initializing. After initializing I get either error or everything goes well and end up without any message. When I check it in HDD section, it says HDD doesn't exist. I struggle with setting it up for 2 days now. I try mounting it but it doesn't work. I have done it properly. Also, tried to format it to EXT4, EXT3, EXT2 ... Tried also making more smaller partitions.