PDA

View Full Version : IVECO TRUCK WITH CUMMINS ISBe

mathura
27th March, 2012, 01:08 AM
Today I checked an IVECO Truck and the engine looks like a Cummings ISBe engine.

There is no identification name plate but the ecm is identical to an ISBe.

QUESTION: Does IVECO use cummins Engine.

Thanks for your advise expert brothers of DK

spannermonkey
27th March, 2012, 02:37 PM
We have Iveco running an ISX/Signature cm570 but not sure if these trucks are limited to australia, ivecos also using caterpillar and detroits

hercamp
27th March, 2012, 03:01 PM
yes iveco's ,vw and some others from China.

carlu78
27th March, 2012, 06:16 PM
iveco tector engine,isc for cummins and some models from new holland and case has ben development together..is the same tecnology...the injector 0445120007 for tector is the same to cummins 1721e and new holland 320...best regarts

jctech
27th March, 2012, 08:29 PM
Today I checked an IVECO Truck and the engine looks like a Cummings ISBe engine.

There is no identification name plate but the ecm is identical to an ISBe.

QUESTION: Does IVECO use cummins Engine.

Thanks for your advise expert brothers of DK

The ISBe was developed by EEA, a 1996 joint venture between Cummins, Fiat Iveco and New Holland. The Euro 3 ISBe CM800 was in production and the joint venture was dissolved 2007, each of the companies took the engine and branded it their own. Insite does not work on the Iveco engine.

dimitar22
27th March, 2012, 09:14 PM
Sorry it is of topic but i have read somewhere that there are MAN trucks with CUMMINS engines any one has seen one, i haven't so far.

jctech
27th March, 2012, 10:39 PM
Sorry it is of topic but i have read somewhere that there are MAN trucks with CUMMINS engines any one has seen one, i haven't so far.

MAN bought english truck manufacturer ERF. They redesigned the truck with MAN cab, chassis and axles and sold these trucks under the ERF brand with Cummins ISM engines or MAN engines.

mathura
28th March, 2012, 01:06 AM
I tried bench testing the ECM but no communication with the ECM, however a lot of "quacks" meaning technicians without insite have tried before I was called.
I want to be sure that this is Cummins before I tell owner that ECM is defective.

Tuxie
29th July, 2014, 09:04 AM
I am actually facing a not starting problem with one right now. EDC light continuously on and started relay not activating.
Can anyone help, we have changed the ISBe ECM and disabled the IMMO on the ECM.
Still not starting. EDC light still on

Thanks in advance

mathura
6th August, 2014, 11:39 PM
I am actually facing a not starting problem with one right now. EDC light continuously on and started relay not activating.
Can anyone help, we have changed the ISBe ECM and disabled the IMMO on the ECM.
Still not starting. EDC light still on

Thanks in advance

What fault code you have if any.

However fuel system on these engines can create no start conditions. Did you check all power supply

Serhio632
8th August, 2014, 03:27 AM
I tried bench testing the ECM but no communication with the ECM, however a lot of "quacks" meaning technicians without insite have tried before I was called.
I want to be sure that this is Cummins before I tell owner that ECM is defective.
No. that is Iveco Tector engine. It is the engine like Cummins but actually not. the ECM is EDC7UC31 and u need Iveco EASY for connection. Or EU multi-brand diagnostic sw. Cummins insite never get communication with this.