PDA

View Full Version : help me set up my network please (openwrt)

DavC
18th January, 2009, 08:39 PM
hi guys, having a bit of a problem trying to set up my network. i'm fairly new to networking, but had everything working fine though a 4 port router. I'm now trying to add a mini wireless router (fonera flashed with openwrt).

had problems getting it flashed at first, but i built myself a level convertor and with a bit of help from hyperterminal and lots of guides its running kamikaze 8.09.

all good so far. but the reason for using this is to provide wifi for my iphone (and allow my iphone on my little local network (PC, dbox, NAS storage).

I cannot connect to the fonera by telnet or ssh. i'm still using serial connection at the moment. I've enabled wifi on it, and can see it from my phone but cant access the internet through it.

can anyone help me?

astrav6
2nd April, 2009, 03:54 PM
is the ethernet port showing up on you router and the wifi box?

not knowing to much about the wifi box it could need to have x cable to the router?

just a thought

DavC
10th April, 2009, 01:18 AM
hiya mate, I got it set up in the end. I managed to get the webinterface enabled, which made things a lot easier than messing about using ssh commands and trying to modify files with the "vi" command. what a PITA that was!

cheers anyway :)