PDA

View Full Version : earth auger

wulbert2001
27th March, 2012, 11:04 PM
hii bought a earth auger last november and used it to dig holes for my fence but when i went to use it today there was nothing anyone got any ideas .really the machine is brand new not second hand...cheers.

Grizz
28th March, 2012, 01:23 AM
not giving us a lot to go on wulbert.

Assuming you have petrol in it (no offence but it happens lol), have you checked for spark?

wulbert2001
28th March, 2012, 09:03 PM
yep checked the spark and its ok phoned the place i got it from and they told me to pour a drop of petrol in hole where plug goes that didnt work then they asked what colour my oil in my mix was told them green and they said pour it out and get red 2 stroke oil they saty that the 2 stroke engines that goes with the auger dont go with the green oil so will try that .guy says it will defo work as he has alot of complaints about this....cheers

daithi
28th March, 2012, 09:43 PM
off topic as meathead would say lol

the dopey neighbour bought a new lawnmower last year
put petrol in it and started the engine worked for a while then the engine seized
the twat never read the instructions or noticed the warnings saying fill with oil before operating as the oil is drained from them when transported to the shop

think he bought it in argos

Grizz
28th March, 2012, 11:10 PM
never heard of the colour of 2 stroke having an effect on an engine, new one on me.
are you sure choke is in correct position when starting?
is the plug wet after trying to start?
any indication that petrol is getting to cylinder?

wulbert2001
29th March, 2012, 06:46 PM
got it going there was a spark comming from plug but for some reason i fitted a new spark plug and it went ..phew
:dito:

Meat-Head
29th March, 2012, 08:31 PM
agree with gizz on color of fuel

unless guy in shop is racist?

suggest the plug is shottyed up or poor quality and damp

stick it in oven for a bit