PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo Clone, Kernal Issue and stuck on 'starting' after new image flashed

olly330
28th March, 2012, 11:42 PM
Just got my hands on a clone VU+ Duo.

It has come shipped with Black Hole 1.7.0.
Im trying to flash images from the official clone image site (http://www.vuplushd.tv/vu-images) the vix image, but every time I try it just gets stuck on 'starting' (after I have removed the USB and rebooted) and does nothing, even if I leave it for 30 mins.

So I tried with the image it was shipped with Black Hole 1.7.0 and it flashed the image fine, im still trying to work out why it is getting stuck on 'starting' with the VIX image.

But, im wondering which kernal the box has, and whether it has already been updated to the 3.1.1 Kernel which allows any image.

Problem is if it has not been updated to 3.1.1 Kernel then I cant do it as I dont have a PC with serial port, only a laptop and i have read usb to serial converters dont work.

Does anyone know if the Black Hole 1.7.0 VU image (BlackHole-1.7.0-bm750_usb) means that the box is running 3.1.1 Kernel ......?

Any help appreciated, in the meantime I will try to flash safe non 3.1.1 Kernel images on the box and get past the 'starting' freeze.

digicon
29th March, 2012, 01:09 AM
Blackhole 1.7.0 is Kernel 3.1.1 so in theory you should be ablr to flash any image new or old, and you dont have to get all the images from the VuplusHD site you can get it directly from vix if you want as the images are untouched and work fine on the clones.

olly330
29th March, 2012, 06:12 PM
cheers bud, got it sorted now.
I managed to work out it was already updated to the newer kernal.

Then I found out on the vix site that on some of the newer vix images they get stuck on 'starting'

So I tried a few variations of the new vix images and this one flashed and went through fine:
ViX-2.3.153-vuduo_usb

So all up and running now.

Managed to manually install tspanel 4.9 as well so cccam is running. And dropped a 500gb seagate pipeline in for good measure, initialized and it seems to be running ok so far.

Add to that, popped a 4gb USB stick I had lying around for the EPG updates, and set up EPG to auto download daily.

A lot of work, my eyes have big bags under them now.

Will just keep tweaking the settings now so I have epg and other things how I like them, I guess thats a gradual thing that takes days of using the image. I tend to like the VIX image though.

Any must do things on the VIX image's, or must have plugins/addons.

PS for anyone that gets stuck trying to flash a VIX image, try a few variations of the newer ones, one will work eventually

cactikid
29th March, 2012, 07:38 PM
yep there is a must do its very important enjoy your new box.

DJACID
24th May, 2012, 08:35 PM
is there a way to know if you have a clone

DOUGALMCD
24th May, 2012, 08:43 PM
Usually the price and where you bought it from to start with but there are images and so on you could check. Vu duo clone laid bare by digicon in vu section.

DJACID
25th May, 2012, 09:41 PM
cheers for the info,
turns out its a clone

ijsje
31st May, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hi,
I have the same issue "Starting..." and flashed with the image "ViX-2.3.153-vuduo_usb" but still stuk on "Starting..."

Any idea I would appreciate. Thank you.

othmanfox
1st June, 2012, 11:46 PM
is there a way to know turns out its a clone

dcurzon
13th July, 2012, 04:50 PM
any recommended retailers for the clones? By PM if its not allowed in public. Want/need to get dual tuner set up so the missus can record all her soaps n stuff...

digicon
13th July, 2012, 05:22 PM
any recommended retailers for the clones? By PM if its not allowed in public. Want/need to get dual tuner set up so the missus can record all her soaps n stuff...

mate with all the PSU problems of late maybe you would be better buying original, I have seen some quotes for around ?240 delivered from germany for an original thats about ?70 difference between a clone but with a 2 year warranty.

IMHO its just not worth it anymore due to the price drop

dcurzon
14th July, 2012, 08:19 AM
For sure that's a good price! But I'm thinking of it as an interim until the solo 2 and the new dual tuner come out, which together look like they'll make a great dual tuner! :)

cactikid
14th July, 2012, 09:19 AM
by all means buy a clone but if you dont do research on it dont say later box died am gutted,people dont listen to advice and buy cheap=pay twice.

poxxxy
31st August, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hi all, Accidentally left my USB stick in when restarting the box and it programmed the same vix image I had just put on there again. However this time it won't load on boot, it seems to be stuck on Starting and Start USB :(. Any help appreciated.

DOUGALMCD
1st September, 2012, 11:08 AM
Try and reflash the image you had before.