PDA

View Full Version : how can i stream movies from my pc to my vu+?

tmontana
30th March, 2012, 10:30 AM
hey guys, i hope someone can help me

I'm trying to steam movies from my PC to my VU+

I read online that you can do it via the vlc plugin for the vu+ but i cant find the plugin anywhere, is that plugin exclusive to BH image? (I'm using vix 2.3)

Im also looking for the youtube plugin too and cant find that too.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me how i can stream movies from my pc to my vu+

Cheers guys

Alan

JimboM
30th March, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi mate

I diodn't use the plugin but this worked for me, it's lifted from another forum so full credit goes to the orginal author Maxwell4321

If you are using windows try this:

1. create a new folder on PC - call it 'vu'
2. create administrative user on PC - to keep things simple call the user 'vu' and the password 'vu'
3. share the folder : properties --> sharing --> advanced sharing --> make sure 'share this folder' is checked and click permissions --> make sure everybody has full control

Then on your Vu+ box

1. menu > setup > system > Network > Mount Manager
2. Add a new network mount point
3. Active - yes
local share name - nas (you can call it anything you like)
mount type - CIFS share
server IP - (enter PC IP here)
server share - /vu (make sure you include the /)
username - vu
password - vu

You can then access the files by pressing the button next to the menu button and then changing location to the share name

HTH

Jim

tmontana
30th March, 2012, 01:25 PM
i managed to setup the share but how do i actually view/play the movies?

cheers

alan

JimboM
30th March, 2012, 04:45 PM
Press the files button (next to the menu button), then the yellow button to change location, navigate down to your network share and that will bring up the files in your shared directory. Just select the one you want and hit OK

tmontana
30th March, 2012, 04:49 PM
cheers mate

this wont effect the location of my recordings will it?

JimboM
30th March, 2012, 04:55 PM
No, all your doing is using the inbuilt media player and browsing to the appropriate directory. Your recordings location is dictated by Menu > Setup > Recordings (or something like that, not actually in front of the box at mo, so doing this off the top of my head)

tmontana
30th March, 2012, 05:32 PM
that worked beautifully, cheers jimbo :)

DARRENHGV
26th April, 2013, 11:32 PM
Hello trying to do this im running blackhole 2.0.2 ive followed instructions but when i press the files button next to the menu button all i get is recorded files... /hdd/movie/
Can anyone help me out

lebrow
6th May, 2013, 11:43 PM
Hello trying to do this im running blackhole 2.0.2 ive followed instructions but when i press the files button next to the menu button all i get is recorded files... /hdd/movie/
Can anyone help me out

i have the same problem with my vu solo2 and blacklome 2.0.2 rev D.

After Pressing the files button (next to the menu button), yellow button is empty so i cant change location and navigate down to my network share. Only EPG and MENU buttons are available. Any idea?

cactikid
6th May, 2013, 11:58 PM
original poster is running vix and corresponds to his setup,blackhole is different maybe different way of doing it.

digicon
7th May, 2013, 12:21 AM
On blackhole you need to create a Cifs/Mount/share on the PC/laptop using the blue button twice to access the menu

laup
31st July, 2013, 09:46 PM
Im using vix image and have mounted my share, easiest way is to (add permissions to Everyone in security privilidges then u can log on as guest btw) i can browse the files and play various flac mp3 divx and mkv.

now the issue im having is when playing anything above 720p even more so with 1080p mkv im getting slight stutter in the picture.

is this down to processing power on the vu uno or down to network bw between pc and box, i under stand there would be no transcoding so the sat box would do all the work am i right?

if anyone knows a solution that would be great as im sick of having to switch between ps3 and vu for different types of video files

laup
8th August, 2013, 12:34 PM
has anyone got an idea on this issue?