PDA

View Full Version : Watching your Duo on the Net

kman999
30th March, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi,

I have heard that you can view your duo over the net, i presume this is just a simple port forwading, but what i wanted to know if two people to watch my duo over the net at the same tuime, is this possible

dell_xps
30th March, 2012, 08:08 PM
You need a very very very very good upload speed.

kman999
30th March, 2012, 08:52 PM
You need a very very very very good upload speed.

Thanks I think I have that, could you provide some guidance. pls

asad5150
30th March, 2012, 08:53 PM
How do u do it?? Can somone watch a diff chanel on net to box?

redondo5
30th March, 2012, 09:36 PM
You need to forward appropriate ports router
You need to know your internet ip address (for externel access)
You need a high upload speed for less glitching
You need free tuners to watch differant channels - so if you have two tuners, then assuming the channels being watched are on differsnt transponders, you will only be able to watch two channels. The one being shown on the receiver and another one from the 2nd tuner. Im not sure if you can pull two channels remotely without anything being shown on the receiver. Even if it was possible i think the box might struggle streaming it through the network.

For your port use your webinterface plugin to set it on the box

tmontana
4th April, 2012, 08:58 PM
what kind of upload speed would I need to watch channels on my vu+ remotely over the internet?

dell_xps
4th April, 2012, 10:04 PM
10MB perhaps, I'm guessing, my upload is max'd out at 30k...lol

tmontana
4th April, 2012, 10:07 PM
Ah bugger, my upload speed is only 2.5mbps

dell_xps
4th April, 2012, 10:35 PM
Try it and see m8, Im just guessing :-)

asad5150
5th April, 2012, 12:43 AM
can you give a tutorial on how to do it?

redondo5
5th April, 2012, 05:39 AM
There are some stickies around that describe the process. Most difficult bit would be setting up port forwarding.

But to be honest, even that should be straight forward.

I used to use a slingbox which was good to watch externally. The advantage with the slingbox was it was less fussy with upload speed, probably because it did some orecessing and downscaling to transfer the data in a smaller format. The disadvantage especially with a twin tuner like the duo is that you have to watch what is being transmitted to the tv.

Whereas this method using only the duo to stream externally you could watch another channel from the one on the tv.

Once setup its is great, ive been watching from my ipad - using istreamgate hd app - externally, which i was quite impressed by as it involved wifi signal at the other end and only got occasional glitch.

brendanmcerlean
28th April, 2012, 04:46 PM
guys anyone got a guide on setting up the port forwarding?