PDA

View Full Version : Faval 1m Dish vs TD88

sambhi92
31st March, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hey guys,

Gonna buy a new dish this week, and just been looking about, has anyone had exp with a Faval 1m dish here it is if you havent seen it 1m Hi-Gain Satellite Dish & Pole Mount Fittings 100cm | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1m-Hi-Gain-Satellite-Dish-Pole-Mount-Fittings-100cm-/330709785067?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item4cffd6d9eb).

Isit better than a TD88, Can only get a TD88 as my motor cannot move a TD1.1 and i cant buy a new motor, but some people say TD88 are better than some 1m dishes, can anyone canfirm that the TD88 is better than the Faval one?

Will use Inverto Black ultra 0.2db LNB.

Cheers guys

krussell
31st March, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hi,look for gilbertini 1 mtr it's aluminium and the best

sambhi92
31st March, 2012, 09:40 PM
Can't find a 1m one mate, only 1.25, which won't move on my motor

pedro2000uk
31st March, 2012, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

Gonna buy a new dish this week, and just been looking about, has anyone had exp with a Faval 1m dish here it is if you havent seen it 1m Hi-Gain Satellite Dish & Pole Mount Fittings 100cm | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1m-Hi-Gain-Satellite-Dish-Pole-Mount-Fittings-100cm-/330709785067?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item4cffd6d9eb).

Isit better than a TD88, Can only get a TD88 as my motor cannot move a TD1.1 and i cant buy a new motor, but some people say TD88 are better than some 1m dishes, can anyone canfirm that the TD88 is better than the Faval one?

Will use Inverto Black ultra 0.2db LNB.

Cheers guys

td88 or you could look at the Orbital 1m steel or they do an ali - a decent dish often overlooked.

What motor is it & where are you roughly..

sambhi92
31st March, 2012, 11:59 PM
It's a TM2100 mate. Not to sure what the max dish size I cN put on it, nobody seems to know!

But you think the TD88 is better than the faval? Looking A gibby aswell, but not sure if motor can move it.

Also based it east London mate.

dick b
1st April, 2012, 12:57 PM
Can't find a 1m one mate, only 1.25, which won't move on my motor

"Hi sat" import gibertini and they do a 1 metre dish but its ?90 + delivery.
according to the instructions for an old TM2100a it can drive up to 1.2 dishes I"ve had a 1mt steel dish on it ok but wouldnt want to go any bigger.(its not so much the weight as the wind factor)

sambhi92
1st April, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cheers mate.

I think 90 is abit to much, i know you get what you pay for but I don't think I can stretch that much.

I think I may go for a faval dish as it's bigger which should mean I should get better signal.

dick b
1st April, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cheers mate.

I think 90 is abit to much, i know you get what you pay for but I don't think I can stretch that much.

I think I may go for a faval dish as it's bigger which should mean I should get better signal.

what sats are you after? do you really need a big dish I"m up near the humber and an 85cm gibertini gets me all I want and the gibertini will beat the faval for quality hands down

sambhi92
1st April, 2012, 01:32 PM
Well after most really, I'm getting them now, on a 80cm iss mesh dish, which is bent and rusted, but signal is choppy on some sats and on HD channels.

Even the 85cm gibby is alot, surely a TD88 I'd worth getting then ahead of faval?

dick b
1st April, 2012, 01:40 PM
Well after most really, I'm getting them now, on a 80cm iss mesh dish, which is bent and rusted, but signal is choppy on some sats and on HD channels.

Even the 85cm gibby is alot, surely a TD88 I'd worth getting then ahead of faval?

I"d say so.

mdt
1st April, 2012, 01:56 PM
carry on saving and get yourself a 1m gibby and a dark motor, if not then a td88 and a tm2600 can be got for less than ?100. trust me m8 if you buy cheap you will buy twice!! regards mdt

sambhi92
1st April, 2012, 02:00 PM
Cheers guys. Well I've got a bet on now, it's all going well, so touch wood if that pulls through. I'll get me a gibby. If not, I'll just get the TD88.

digicon
1st April, 2012, 06:21 PM
The Faval dish is probably on a par with the Orbital 1m so still not a bad buy for the money and your TM2100 although plastic gears will still be ok to drive the Faval or the TD88, The Faval may just pull in slightly more signal than the TD88 when setup correctly.

As MDT says if money is no object the a 1m Gibertini and a Dark motor cant be beat i should know i have both.

sambhi92
1st April, 2012, 07:25 PM
Making this hard guys lol.

I'm sure both will be ok. I'll just get the faval as to the fact it's bigger v

Fano
1st April, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cheers mate.

You can get a 1m Gibertini from most German retailers for 90 euro delivered,thats just under ?75
Blows the Faval out of the water .

blueflash234
1st April, 2012, 09:25 PM
heres a 1 metre gibertini HISAT : Card Sharing Linux Receivers, Triple-Dragon, Coolstream Neo HD1, VU+ PLUS DUO, Large Stocks of Big Gibertini Satellite Dishes, Hivion HD9090X Ultima, GbSat DUET, Duolabs, Diablo Wi-Fi, CAS3PLUS, CAS2PLUS, Gibertini, Black Ultra, Invacom, Digi (http://hisat.com/proddetail.php?prod=DIS100CMGIB)

Manic01
1st April, 2012, 09:54 PM
I go for TD88 an use Inverto black ultra lnb.
Theres not much you wont get with that.
TM2100a motor will drive ok.

pedro2000uk
1st April, 2012, 10:27 PM
It's a TM2100 mate. Not to sure what the max dish size I cN put on it, nobody seems to know!

But you think the TD88 is better than the faval? Looking A gibby aswell, but not sure if motor can move it.

Also based it east London mate.

In East London & providing you don't have any local interference issues & it don't get bent in transit, a TD 88 will get all of 26e/badr 4 & all or almost all of 7.3w - [both] with decent rain margins & might get some of Nilesat 102 [handy but not essential] ... those are the weak sats that a td88 will deal with there ... after that, maybe keep an eye on Viasat HD on 4.8e, otherwise other strong sats in the UK will blow in - maybe the odd North Europe beam might be lower & stuff like 4w most aren't bothered with ...

We use a lot of Triax TD88s & 1.1s - I don't think they are the best etc.. but I do think they are about the best option in this market - consistent, well made, very well rust proofed, better AZ/EL for lateral strength than most dishes & they deliver signal wise time & time again as do the 1.1[the 88 measures 95 x 85 so more like a 90 on area].. not in love with Favel

We used to consider the Moteck 2100 [TM2100s were the same motor we think] OK for an 80cm exposed & 1m sheltered [or a very light ali 1.2m dish & very sheltered].. stopped using Motecks & TM motors a while back for the Darkmotor but they have improved them.

Manic01
1st April, 2012, 10:37 PM
Make sure you get a decent lnb!
Inverto Black Ultra 0.2

sambhi92
1st April, 2012, 11:30 PM
Cheers lads, I think I'm defo gonna go with a TD88, it just seems the best, going to use an inverto black ultra 0.2, and hope all the signals are good.

Cheers guys

pedro2000uk
2nd April, 2012, 08:30 AM
Cheers lads, I think I'm defo gonna go with a TD88, it just seems the best, going to use an inverto black ultra 0.2, and hope all the signals are good.

Cheers guys

If you can, try to pick the dish up yourself & check it's OK 1st [not warped or dented], rather than play mail order/ ebay roulette - see so many getting damaged in transit nowadays & you want it spot on, only seen one a customer bought in the last 3 years that was OK - they packed it really well - otherwise this was one of the worst I've seen.. http://purplesat.com/web_images/042311171830.jpg

[that's not the worst] ... they're not usually that bad but you see plenty with less obvious rim to to rim outage & every bit of outage won't only drop signals - it'll also drag in any rf/em noise.

mdt
2nd April, 2012, 07:40 PM
ive bought over 100 dishes via mail order from a td54 through to a gibby 1.25 and have never had a damaged one yet, although the golden rule is when the dish arrives dont sign for it until you have inspected it fully. regards mdt

pedro2000uk
2nd April, 2012, 08:39 PM
ive bought over 100 dishes via mail order from a td54 through to a gibby 1.25 and have never had a damaged one yet, although the golden rule is when the dish arrives dont sign for it until you have inspected it fully. regards mdt

What tolerance do you look for btw?

We only get them direct through the trade & I won't even have them delivered by them, even though it's free trade delivery.- I pick them up myself & check them there, any not right get put back.

Not easy to ship a dish face now, I wouldn't like to be a retailer trying to ship them now.

mdt
2nd April, 2012, 09:27 PM
ive only bought about halve a dozen over the last 18 months.. a 1.25 gibby, 2x 78cm td78 copys, a td88,a zone2 raven and a couple of zone1 ravens but the 4 years before that i got mostly iss80/1m mesh or solids and td88/td110,s from wizard , das,and various ebay retailers and they usually came as full kits with motors,recievers ect. i must have been very lucky but i do agree about the couriers not giving a shit about the parcels as i know from my job that they just throw the parcels about whether they are marked fragile or not. regards mdt