PDA

View Full Version : Rear Projection!!!!!

Jocky666
19th January, 2009, 11:24 AM
Guys my mate has a 50 inch rear projection tv. I told him not to get it when he brought it but it now looks like he's willing to admit he ~~~~ed up!!!
So I am now wondering what on these things need to be accidentally damaged for the insurance to write it off?? if it were LCD it would be a peace of p1ss but I haven't a clue about the rear projectors??

As usuall any help is truely appreciated

Jocky666 :wink:

Bulld0g
19th January, 2009, 11:36 AM
My m8 put the screen through on his and broke the lamps inside and took a hammer to it. He said he knocked it off it's stand. The insurance company took it away and brought it back repaired lol.

I've got a rear projection and the step ladder went through it. Had an engineer out to repair it but he said the board was cracked and couldn't be repaired. I'm waiting for the insurance company to come out.
I wouldn't have another one if you gave it to me for free.:wink:

C64
19th January, 2009, 01:25 PM
Guys my mate has a 50 inch rear projection tv. I told him not to get it when he brought it but it now looks like he's willing to admit he ~~~~ed up!!!

What TV is it mate?

Most of them are cack but there are a few excellent sets on the market, such as the Sagem Axiums.

I'd take a good DLP Projector over any Plasma or LCD any day.

shady77
19th January, 2009, 04:05 PM
i used to have a lovely thomson dlp. no hdmi, but the picture was the dogs!

Jocky666
19th January, 2009, 04:17 PM
What TV is it mate?

Most of them are cack but there are a few excellent sets on the market, such as the Sagem Axiums.

Not sure about the model but I know its a sony bravia.. but the picture is just too dull just a bit of sunlight and its like watching through a welders mask!

is it just one screen or are the two? I don't think just damaging the screen will be good enough to write it off..!

Jocky666
19th January, 2009, 04:32 PM
What TV is it mate?

Witchy I have just had a mook around and it looks like this (http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=104072&Model=KDF50E2010ATNS&Productstat=No) TV!!

Jocky

Can someone delete this post as have done it twice

Jocky666
19th January, 2009, 04:33 PM
What TV is it mate?

Witchy I have just had a mook around and it looks like this (http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=104072&Model=KDF50E2010ATNS&Productstat=No) TV!!

Jocky :wink:

bigal
22nd January, 2009, 08:31 PM
hey lads just reading your threads thats my tv i recon they are ok

archers
12th February, 2009, 12:33 AM
I have this Tv and its the dogs Your m8 must have a bad set or setup wrong. Go av forums your see its one of the best sets out there. I can say 100% that mine is so good it nock spot's of any of the plasma / lcd screen out there todate. But the size of it is now a problem for me in my new house.

Get your m8 on AVFORUMS he could sell it on there easy as pie

on_the_jazz
21st June, 2009, 10:43 PM
I agree, don't break it, just sell it!
I have a old Sagem HD rear pro and tbh I find the picture quality on par with most of the new lcd/plasma sets. It does take up more room though.