PDA

View Full Version : One X or wait ?

Krumschi
3rd April, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hello !

I want to buy a new cellphone and my question is:
Wait for the Samsung Galaxy III or buy the HTC One X?
The HTC has very good technical data ...

Thank you =)

Canker_Canison
3rd April, 2012, 11:35 AM
Just read up some reviews & speculation.

The HTC does look impressive. But I still worry about the Sense UI, never really liked it myself. I've seen demos of the Tegra 3 processor running real time games designed to push the power. It was very impressive, but again battery life will be an issue.

In the other corner we have only guess work on what the S3 will be packing. HTC has been on the losing side when put up against Samsung's releases. It's hard to regain the momentum once lost.

Here's a reasonable guess at what the S3 will be released with.... CNET (http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-complete-guide-50006020/)

Personally I'd wait. If the release is as soon as July for the S3, is it worth risking buying the wrong phone rather than waiting 3 months?
Think of those Isheep that bought an Ishite 4 just before the 4S was released.

cunny
6th April, 2012, 09:10 AM
I've been toying with this myself. Wait or get the one x?

Here is a nice review of the one x HTC One X Android smartphone ? reghardware (http://www.reghardware.com/2012/04/06/review_htc_one_x_android_smartphone/)

No micro sd slot and cant remove the battery has put me off for now until somethinng released on the S3 (rumoured may 22nd Samsung Galaxy S3 release date revealed as May 22 in leaked invite | Metro.co.uk (http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/895373-samsung-galaxy-s3-release-date-revealed-as-may-22-in-leaked-invite) )

rockfordbass
7th April, 2012, 08:35 AM
new sim arrived this morniong phone on tuesday cant wait

alom5
10th April, 2012, 11:42 PM
it would have to be the sgs III.

just wait mate and that will be the phone to have...the power on that is beastly

mattybhoy
19th April, 2012, 05:36 PM
Looks like the S3 will be unvailed on 3/5. I'm due an upgarde and been thinking the same as peeps on here (one x or wait). If the spec is anything like it's supposed to be, got to wait..

By the way, any of you guys work for network providers? I'm with T-Mobile and they have been trying for the last few weeks (a month before my upgrade) to get me to have the i-phone 4. Smacks of it's gone down like a sh*t sandwich and they have too ordered too many?

Canker_Canison
20th April, 2012, 01:58 PM
By the way, any of you guys work for network providers? I'm with T-Mobile and they have been trying for the last few weeks (a month before my upgrade) to get me to have the i-phone 4. Smacks of it's gone down like a sh*t sandwich and they have too ordered too many?

It will also be due to the amount of commission they get for the handset.
There are two types of sales tactics.... Give the customer exactly what they want at the best price. Or force them to take the phone & contract that makes the biggest bonus.

I wouldn't touch an Iphone even if it was the only phone available in the world. A couple of empty bean cans & a length of string is much more appealing.

cunny
20th April, 2012, 09:17 PM
Samsung Galaxy S3: iPhone's biggest rival 'previewed' in Tinhte video | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2132788/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-iPhones-biggest-rival-previewed-Tinhte-video.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

alom5
20th April, 2012, 10:51 PM
i couldn't wait....and went for the galaxy note...had it a month now....frikin awwwsome..!!!!

just wish they would put ics on it.

staying away from the temptation of the leaked roms...as this is a slightly different machine and i'm sure samsung are making sure everything works before they send ics out....

unbelievable screen...video calling is superb amongst other things....

Canker_Canison
23rd April, 2012, 12:13 AM
i couldn't wait....and went for the galaxy note...had it a month now....frikin awwwsome..!!!!

just wish they would put ics on it.

staying away from the temptation of the leaked roms...as this is a slightly different machine and i'm sure samsung are making sure everything works before they send ics out....

unbelievable screen...video calling is superb amongst other things....

Word on the street is September for ICS update.

alom5
23rd April, 2012, 09:23 PM
Word on the street is September for ICS update.

September....gotta be kidding me...they were saying 2nd quarter...that is bull ox by Samsung if that's the case....

I couldn't wait anyway....and rooted and running the latest ics stunner ROM...(very similar to the ics ROM i had running on galaxy s) had the cyanogenmod 9 by imika first but didn't like it....really loving the ROM...

~~~~~ Samsung if they gonna make us wait that long :D

pomponian
23rd April, 2012, 11:14 PM
read the review on the techradar site, quite a good unbiased review, well i thought so.

ethemcan
24th April, 2012, 11:11 PM
I would wait S3