PDA

View Full Version : Switched From Vix to BH 1.7.2 Cam Query

mrmad1966
3rd April, 2012, 02:19 PM
Gurus after a number of VIX issues I am now testing out BH 1.7.2 but have a couple of newbie questions:-

1. I have read "do not install cam through TS Panel" ? Why is this ?
2. For the latest BH 1.7.2 should I use mgcamd 1.35a or 1.38 ? The only way i have managed to stop worring that I have downloaded the correct one for BH is to use the TS panel and download through it...
Also can ne1 point me to a newbies guide for setting upp the EPG, installed and played with BH last night but EPG seems so erratic I need to make sure Im installing & configuring correctly..

Thanks for reading

John

dell_xps
3rd April, 2012, 02:43 PM
Lasted 10 mins with BH, thought it was very over complicated m8, Vix imho is by far the best image to use.
Each to there own I supose.

landerson07
3rd April, 2012, 03:49 PM
Cool TV is easy to set up! Setup epg options as normal in settings and cool TV through the green panel!
I'd recommend downloading multi quickbutton too and setting buttons how you want them! Also install autotimer
Lee

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

mrmad1966
3rd April, 2012, 04:45 PM
Lasted 10 mins with BH, thought it was very over complicated m8, Vix imho is by far the best image to use.
Each to there own I supose.
I too liked VIX, but twice in the same week the box would not start, it stuck with the word starting on the dispplay but it never did start was forced to reflash both times vanilla install no plugins... Sad but forced to try BH really..

digicon
4th April, 2012, 01:12 AM
You dont really need TSpanel installing with blackhole as everything can be got by the addons section, Green Button then Yellow Button.

As for Cams you will need to source these separately as you would with the Vix image, As for MGcamd 1.35a or 1.38 they both work fine in blackhole its what ever takes your preference.

mrmad1966
4th April, 2012, 07:23 AM
You dont really need TSpanel installing with blackhole as everything can be got by the addons section, Green Button then Yellow Button.

As for Cams you will need to source these separately as you would with the Vix image, As for MGcamd 1.35a or 1.38 they both work fine in blackhole its what ever takes your preference.

Digicon, as a newbie I must ask. Is a cam not a cam ? I am assuming that 1.38 is the newer of the two and probably a bug or two ironed out but apart from that anything else Ive missed ? Thanks

digicon
4th April, 2012, 10:42 AM
Digicon, as a newbie I must ask. Is a cam not a cam ? I am assuming that 1.38 is the newer of the two and probably a bug or two ironed out but apart from that anything else Ive missed ? Thanks

I think later revisions where to iron out some minor bugs and to incorporate newer softcam keys for open channels apart from that nothing major. I use 1.35a on mine and have noticed no difference between the two.

mrmad1966
4th April, 2012, 11:37 AM
I think later revisions where to iron out some minor bugs and to incorporate newer softcam keys for open channels apart from that nothing major. I use 1.35a on mine and have noticed no difference between the two.

One last thing, then promise Ill stop being a pain. Loaded 1.35a ipk and copied keys into /usr/keys which worked on vix but not on BH.. Can you tell me where your is stored please..driving me nuts ATM..

digicon
4th April, 2012, 12:11 PM
One last thing, then promise Ill stop being a pain. Loaded 1.35a ipk and copied keys into /usr/keys which worked on vix but not on BH.. Can you tell me where your is stored please..driving me nuts ATM..

Its the same place so should work

lincsat
4th April, 2012, 02:33 PM
Is the cam installed correctly? Different images install cams and scripts into different folders. In BH, the cam goes in /usr/bin/ and the script in /usr/camscript/

mrmad1966
4th April, 2012, 03:00 PM
Is the cam installed correctly? Different images install cams and scripts into different folders. In BH, the cam goes in /usr/bin/ and the script in /usr/camscript/
Well I thought so but it just REFUSED to work so I did a google & downloded 1.38 seems to be OK although my next quest is now to sort out why I am missing some channels that I did have when on VIX..
Thank you for your help
John