PDA

View Full Version : BOSCH EDC 16+

markovojvodic
3rd April, 2012, 10:02 PM
HELLO

I WOULD LIKE TO NOW ON HOW MANY WAYS YOU HAVE TRIED TO OPEN EDC16+ I TRIED MAKING A HOLE ON IT NOT VERY GOOD SOLUTION, TRIED OPENING IT ALSO NOT A GOOD SOLUTION ?

EXCEPT OBD - SOME OTHER SOLUTION ?

ecutuners
3rd April, 2012, 10:05 PM
Warm up the ecu and opening is no problem

mexanico1971
3rd April, 2012, 10:21 PM
yes ! once I have edc16 from opel, and it has very hard to open, put the hair dry for a few minutes at full power and wdiht a screwdriver, and some patience is open !

markovojvodic
3rd April, 2012, 11:05 PM
this solution i now very good - but once a time , 4 years ago i was opening CLS ECU and it was going quite easily but after car didnt start .....

something happened and i bought new one and thats it

this is why im asking and bcs today i was opening one ecu from B class and wasnt very happy bcs it was going extremely hard but now is everyting ok

mislav88
3rd April, 2012, 11:07 PM
MB EDC16 are tricky becouse BDM pads are on the other side, it is hard to pry the PCB out of the housing without damaging it

Stanton
3rd April, 2012, 11:12 PM
Yes they aren't the nicest to do!

z786
4th April, 2012, 12:35 AM
any videos u guys have to open ecu?? i always bend the plate accidentily or break bits off the edges

also what do u use to seal the ecu after?

mislav88
4th April, 2012, 12:47 AM
use some gasket sealant, but not hard silicone (or anything heat resistant) or you will be screwed if you will have to open that ecu again

Stanton
4th April, 2012, 08:45 AM
any videos u guys have to open ecu?? i always bend the plate accidentily or break bits off the edges

also what do u use to seal the ecu after?

Are you meaning normal EDC16 or MB type EDC16?

z786
4th April, 2012, 08:20 PM
i mean in general

smokey08
4th April, 2012, 08:27 PM
Lay ECU face down and point connector towards you the heat top left corner and about 7cm each way down the sides. Then carefully prize back plate a little bit with a wide screwdriver so it comes away from the glue in that corner. One the glue has came away a little bit heat all around the ecu especially where the plate dips down on the righthand side (where its glued to the PCB) then the plate normally peels off fairly easily.

I use a paint stripper to heat them as I dont think my hot air station would be good enough and use black RTV sealent to seal them.

Stanton
4th April, 2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah normal are fine, its the ones with BDM pads on the underside which are a bastard!

markovojvodic
5th April, 2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah normal are fine, its the ones with BDM pads on the underside which are a bastard!

thats the one im thinking of

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?eyjuvd