PDA

View Full Version : help. no power in my corsa c!!!!!!!

djskynet
4th April, 2012, 10:21 PM
Hi all. please can somone help me with my 1999 corsa c. my ecu light keeps coming on. ive been to have the codes read and keep getting the same error codes. there is hardly any power in my engen when going on the moterways. and i cant get pased 10 mph on a cold start. ive had a new exaust system put in plus new cat and its made it worse. the error codes are
1) o2 sensor low voltage
2) no rpm signal
whatever i do the problem gets worse. please help if you can. thanks. :-)

vuno01
5th April, 2012, 12:40 AM
the rpm signal sends information to the ecu sothe ecu
gives more gas and air mix depending on the
rpm you are in (rpm sensor) and the position of the throttle.
So get under the car and in the back of the gear box
you should see a 2 or 3 wire plug and the sensor is locked in place by a 10mm bolt
as this sensor is magnetic try to clean the tip of it
and try again if you see any improvements just go and get a new one because its a cheap sensor.
Hope it helps

smokey08
5th April, 2012, 12:53 AM
O2 sensor low voltage on a corsa 99.9999999% of the time means the airflow meter is ~~~~ed.

Replace airflow meter first.

PierreTheron
5th April, 2012, 05:53 AM
Where on vehicle is cranksender situated?

If crank sender is reading from front pulley .

Then most probable you will have to remove pulley and gears to inspect the key and keyway on it .

Have done plenty off these with no power because off worn key or keyway .

djskynet
5th April, 2012, 07:56 AM
thanks for your quick replys. im gonna go with a new air flow meater for the moment. had that cleaned and the problem went away but came back so its more than likley that. ill post back if that works. in regards to the crankshaft. i have had it replaced with no results. i hope this works. dont like doing a kangaroo impresion on the moterways. :-)

cactikid
5th April, 2012, 10:11 PM
remove the air flow plug should make the car go better on the air flow meter as sometimes they dont log a fault code.

djskynet
6th April, 2012, 01:03 PM
Air flow plug? You keen the bit with the sensor on it? Can't afford a new air flow meter at the moment so I cleaned it and the problem is still there

cactikid
6th April, 2012, 01:37 PM
i meant remove the cable plug with the wires on it as it usually makes the car go better.

djskynet
6th April, 2012, 10:20 PM
Won't that make the ecu stay on for good?

djskynet
6th April, 2012, 10:37 PM
And wouldent that make the sensor the problem in the first place? From what I understand O2 circuit voltage low means that there is too much oxygen going in the engen

smokey08
6th April, 2012, 11:10 PM
From what I understand O2 circuit voltage low means that there is too much oxygen going in the engen

You are 100% correct.

The airflow meter is not counting all the air that is going past it. So the ecu is only injecting enough fuel to match how much air it thinks the engine is getting making the engine run too lean.

PierreTheron
7th April, 2012, 08:16 AM
So
Just unplug airflow meter and take it for a drive .
Ecu will go to backup parameters (normally giving more fuel)
If car runs good you can leave it unplugged till you find a replacement..

Consumption might not be so good but at least you will not have burnt valves.

daniersms
7th April, 2012, 08:34 AM
I think you must check fuel pressure and very important the plugs must be of right type with a resistance othewise "eddie currents" will cause the ECU to get confused.........

PierreTheron
7th April, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hi

Also forgot to mention .
Had Corsa C the other day with Lean oxygen sensor fault code.
I tightened the earth wire bolt on top off head near cam belt and all was well again..

:devil::ciao:

djskynet
8th April, 2012, 12:02 PM
i dont believe it. my father in law has sprayed some wd40 on the accelerater cable and its fixed the fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink::ciao: