PDA

View Full Version : GX 2.3

jenkinssss
6th April, 2012, 08:08 AM
Hi, its been a while since I've touched the kids wii and I tries to install the D2X ios last night, though I can't see it in Uloader. Will I have to update to GX 2.3? sorry for the vague question, as I said its been a while.

randallflagg
6th April, 2012, 08:37 AM
Haven't ever used Uloader but I'd recommend GX 2.3 - works great for me. There's been a bit of discussion the last few days about favourite loaders so it's a matter of personal taste, but as I've said GX is the biz - it runs everything i've thrown at it, looks good, works off multiple partitions etc. Give it a go !

jenkinssss
6th April, 2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the quick response, can I install this alongside uloader? and is pimp my wii ok to update the ios's.

happy_highlander
6th April, 2012, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the quick response, can I install this alongside uloader? and is pimp my wii ok to update the ios's.

Gx will run along side uloader. The reason you can't see the d2x cios in uloader is because it is a hermes based loader and will only run on ios 222,223 &224. Gx is a waninkoko based loader which is designed to run the d2x cios so if you install gx you won't have to use pimp my wii as you have already updated all your cios with d2x and if they installed properly you will be able to use them in gx

randallflagg
6th April, 2012, 10:27 AM

you can install GX alongside Uloader - I have GX, Wiiflow & CFG on the wii, GX being my favourite and the one I've had least problems with.
Sorry dont know what Pimp my wii is/does. Have softmodded my wii using Mauifrog guide so i just update my WAD pack using YAWMM whenever a new one is released.