PDA

View Full Version : Ip address for Dkimage on Openmedia box

smelltheglove
19th January, 2009, 09:31 PM
Hi there,

i have a dbox and i can do all the bits and bobs with it, i.e. flash images to it and connect to it via ftp.

Have gotten an Openmedia box, but i cant for the life of me connect to it through FXP

is there a specific ip address for this image? i.e 192.168.X.XXX

on my box the only info i can find is 10.0.0.10 or something like that,

can anyone help?

thanks in advance

Devilfish
19th January, 2009, 09:41 PM
It's exactly the same as a dreambox dm500 and uses the same theory as with a dbox.

Menu > Setup > Expert Setup > Communication Setup

The ip address will be in there.

smelltheglove
19th January, 2009, 09:47 PM
It's exactly the same as a dreambox dm500 and uses the same theory as with a dbox.

Menu > Setup > Expert Setup > Communication Setup

The ip address will be in there.

Thanks, im pretty sure i have tried that, i will try it again now and see how it goes.

scuba
19th January, 2009, 09:47 PM
on ur box go to setup>expert setup>communication setup>and check ur box ip,now start ur fxp and click quick connect put in ur box ip in to the server or url>user name - root>password -dreambox>and hit connect

smelltheglove
19th January, 2009, 09:56 PM
Hey thanks guys, i now have that working and have transferred what i needed.

Can anyone answer me one more question, i have service and boquet files for my area (dublin)

i thought there was a way to transfer them to the Tmp folder and then convert them somehow?

anyone know how?

cheers

and one more thing, when i try to get to the Kaos extras menu the box hangs? and i cant do anything except unplug and restart it, is that unusual?

scuba
19th January, 2009, 10:02 PM
i am in dublin 2 m8 what service files r u talking about?cable or sat? i am using flashwizardpro to transfer my service and boquet files to the box as for the kaos panel always works for me no probs never hanged

smelltheglove
19th January, 2009, 10:06 PM
i am in dublin 2 m8 what service files r u talking about?cable or sat? i am using flashwizardpro to transfer my service and boquet files to the box as for the kaos panel always works for me no probs never hanged.

Well i have my service and boquet files from my dbox,

i read elsewhere, but cant find it now that these can be transferred to the Openmedia box and configured for it,

im talking about cable files here, hopefully i'll have a sat in a few months and get the box working as it should be.

scuba
19th January, 2009, 10:21 PM
ok, then first download this for ur self Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dreambox Forever (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-forever-329/)
ull find all of these useful for ur box in future,flashwizard is also in it.
Now open flashwizard and go to configuration and utilities>in ur right top corner ull have to change the ip address to ur box ip login and the password stays the same.Now connect ur box,under password window in flashwizard ull see Services/Favorites backup and restore click on choose folder and pick the file u want to transfer to ur box>click send services now.
Thats it reboot ur box and all ur bouquets should be there.

smelltheglove
19th January, 2009, 10:47 PM
ok, then first download this for ur self Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dreambox Forever (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-forever-329/)
ull find all of these useful for ur box in future,flashwizard is also in it.
Now open flashwizard and go to configuration and utilities>in ur right top corner ull have to change the ip address to ur box ip login and the password stays the same.Now connect ur box,under password window in flashwizard ull see Services/Favorites backup and restore click on choose folder and pick the file u want to transfer to ur box>click send services now.
Thats it reboot ur box and all ur bouquets should be there.

When i try this it says Warning sattelites.xml not found,

so i ignored it and i seem to have had no luck :guns:

Devilfish
19th January, 2009, 11:01 PM
Those apps are overkill in my opinion. All you need is an ftp program, nothing else.

If the box is hanging, do a factory reset. When it reboots, do a transponder scan selecting the correct option for your area. It will not hang after this. And you will also get the most up to date services for your area instead of relying on someone elses.

smelltheglove
21st January, 2009, 08:56 PM
Just to say i got this working anyways,

once i done the factory reset, i was able to see the kaos menu, and it could see a proper looking ip address,

was easy enough after that to connect using fxp :)

id experiment with different images if i could get my usb-serial port thingy working on vista!

i use an old laptop with a built in connection usually, but the battery is ~~~~ed, and the power lead has to be in a certain position to work, and obviously with no bat - the slightest movement and its gone!:) the things we put up with for love!