PDA

View Full Version : EUROVOX EX 5000 INTERFERENCE

FEN11457
19th January, 2009, 11:56 PM
hi everyone i seem to be getting quite a bit of interference on my ex 5000,im not sure what its called, is it pixeling, like squares on the screen sometimes not so bad but sometimes it freezes completly,any ideas would be greatful for any help thanks

bugaloo41
20th January, 2009, 12:09 AM
could be poor signal quality. may be worth trying a signal booster.

HiTeck
20th January, 2009, 12:17 AM
Post your signal strength, press info twice on the problem channels.

EurovoxK
22nd January, 2009, 12:46 AM
Sorry for hijacking your thread mate. We are on the same boat.

I often get the same problem. It's so annoying I switch the bloody thing off as it becomes unwatchable and annoying. After doing several things I have come to a conclusion it might be the cabling to blame. I have Broadband line coming in from the wall and one way splitter was fitted ( 5 - 1000 MHz). I bought coaxial cable (turned out to be CCTV cable) which I installed with two F connector anyway. Philex Coaxial F Plug Pack of 10 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17061/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Leads-Connectors/Philex-Coaxial-F-Plug-Pack-of-10).

Until December when the firmware was upgraded it was working all fine. After the update I get picture distortion / pix elation. Recently I bought few meters of the proper cable, connected it and still the same problem. I have also bought an AllforOne signal booster, which did not help much. My signal strength and quality is 79 / 80 %.

Did all the deep scan, factory reset, user installation, fast install.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

HiTeck
22nd January, 2009, 01:04 AM
Are all the channels the same or only a select few? on the problem channels is the signal strength steady or is it jumping up and down, you need to take note of which channels are causing problems then press info twice and watch the signal %.
Have you tried your own subbed box (original cable box) on your feed to see if that's having the same issue's.

Any splitter's on your feed or attenuators.

Sorry for all the questions mate, best way to get to the solution.

Just to add in future best to start your own thread, I only answered as the OP hasn't replied to the help for some time.

FEN11457
22nd January, 2009, 11:34 AM
Sorry for hijacking your thread mate. We are on the same boat.

I often get the same problem. It's so annoying I switch the bloody thing off as it becomes unwatchable and annoying. After doing several things I have come to a conclusion it might be the cabling to blame. I have Broadband line coming in from the wall and one way splitter was fitted ( 5 - 1000 MHz). I bought coaxial cable (turned out to be CCTV cable) which I installed with two F connector anyway. Philex Coaxial F Plug Pack of 10 - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17061/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Leads-Connectors/Philex-Coaxial-F-Plug-Pack-of-10).

Until December when the firmware was upgraded it was working all fine. After the update I get picture distortion / pix elation. Recently I bought few meters of the proper cable, connected it and still the same problem. I have also bought an AllforOne signal booster, which did not help much. My signal strength and quality is 79 / 80 %.

Did all the deep scan, factory reset, user installation, fast install.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks for the info mate,it was my cable,all sorted now cheers,hope you sort yous soon.

bigsven
27th January, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have exactly the same problem and its doing my nut. So much so that I've abandoned hope and gone back to the virgin media box.

It was unbearable on channels like E Entertainment, E4 and Setanta break up like an absolute bitch.

It is the same on other channels but I use an attenuator to wind down the signal strength to about 71-74, any higher and it starts chirping again.

It was fine for months at my old gaff, but since we've been here its been pony.

Uploaded firmware - which leads me to my next question - when I download it its called ufl with autosort 051208 (or something similar) but when you unzip it its called the same but with 011208 - is this right or is someone posting/uploading dodgy files?

Anyone who can help would be absolutely brilliant...

Big up to all the techies on the site by the way - much respect...