PDA

View Full Version : Is it my signal or theirs?

vuduo
9th April, 2012, 02:45 PM
hi guys,

as some of you will know, i have got a vu+ duo. its now been setup, but some channels, especially the hd channels are glitching/freezing. How can i tell if the problem is on my side or theirs?

What should my signal be or what should their server response be? How do i check?

andy91
9th April, 2012, 03:00 PM
hi guys,

as some of you will know, i have got a vu+ duo. its now been setup, but some channels, especially the hd channels are glitching/freezing. How can i tell if the problem is on my side or theirs?

What should my signal be or what should their server response be? How do i check?

Check the freewview channels like BBCHD and if its ok its internet related,ie server.

Andy.

vuduo
9th April, 2012, 03:02 PM
yes they seem ok, although on a very rare occasion, i may get a glitch. Is there a way of actually showing the server provider any physical data or information that its their side? i.e. ping rate or similar?

andy91
9th April, 2012, 03:05 PM
yes they seem ok, although on a very rare occasion, i may get a glitch. Is there a way of actually showing the server provider any physical data or information that its their side? i.e. ping rate or similar?

Not got a vu duo but i bet you can check the ecms on the premium channels.
If its anywhere above 0.400 then you will probably get a glitch.
If its stable it should be hovering around 0.200

Andy.

vuduo
9th April, 2012, 03:16 PM
Sorry mate, but I have no idea what that means or where to check it.

digicon
9th April, 2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry mate, but I have no idea what that means or where to check it.

What image are you running as different images have different ways of showing ECM info

vuduo
9th April, 2012, 05:43 PM
Its blackhole 1.7.0

wilf
9th April, 2012, 06:07 PM
normally press ok ok on remote with blackhole or press blue button and look at the bottom of cam info page. The info should be then on tv screen somewhere. you need to look for hops?? ecminfo????. hops 1 or 2 should be ok but like andy91 says check that ecm info also

vuduo
9th April, 2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks wilf. Most freeview channels ecm ranges from 0.100 to approx 0.250. But ppv channels fluctuate between 0.150 to 0.450. All channels I have checked show 1 hop.

ams3521
10th April, 2012, 01:05 AM
You're on a sticky wicket talking about CS.

If the freeview HD is ok then the reciever will probably be fine.

Hop1 doesn't mean the picture will not glitch, it sounds like either a high ping off the server or the card is being hammered.

vuduo
10th April, 2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks mate..what do you suggest I do?